Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is there anyway you can edit images one by one besides using the whole pictures_container and also being able to click on the images to go to a different link besides using the text method?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Piltover Vi
Is there anyway you can edit images one by one besides using the whole pictures_container and also being able to click on the images to go to a different link besides using the text method?
First part -- yes. Each picture decoration has a unique ID number, similar to how custom and media panels have their own ID numbers. Once you obtain that, you use #picture_#### to edit it. See this post about all of the Current Profile Selectors for more.

Second part --
CSS cannot be used to inject hyperlinks. Only html or BBCoding can do that, and since we do not have accesss to the html coding, you can only use BBCode to do that. BBCode can only be added through text decorations or through About/Custom/Signature panels.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
Lady Saxophone

Ah thanks! I was getting frustrated cause I couldn't figure out how to code each picture separately haha. Cute profile by the way.

Anxious Punk

What's the code for getting the glitchy x picture that gets stuck under your header?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
awful-ly delirious

What's the code for getting the glitchy x picture that gets stuck under your header?
...? Not entirely sure what you mean.
You mean you have images stuck under your header which you cannot move? If so, it's probably because you are using Chrome or possibly Safari.
Both of those run on Webkit, which does not work well with the old Javascript Gaia uses for the Profile Editor.
Firefox works best, so I'd recommend switching to that (at least while editing your profile)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Anxious Punk

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
awful-ly delirious

...? Not entirely sure what you mean.
You mean you have images stuck under your header which you cannot move? If so, it's probably because you are using Chrome or possibly Safari.
Both of those run on Webkit, which does not work well with the old Javascript Gaia uses for the Profile Editor.
Firefox works best, so I'd recommend switching to that (at least while editing your profile)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Oh no, i use firefox to edit my own profile.
          It's my friends profile i'm trying to help fix and it's a little x box where, a broken link i believe it is. And i've seen the code to get rid of it because i've heard there's no way to remove it.
          up in the left hand corner

Camera-Ready Star

28,900 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Party Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I just came back from haitus and I'm helping a friend with his profile. Unfortunately I'm not so much familiar with custom as I am with classic. anyway, He wanted to contain his pictures. And I saw that picture container code though I'm not familiar on how to use it. I used gaiatools to edit his profile but I don't think it's the right profile editor for it. Any other profile editors for the newer profiles?

Fused Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
So much help Thank You!!!! blaugh

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
calypso reborn
I just came back from haitus and I'm helping a friend with his profile. Unfortunately I'm not so much familiar with custom as I am with classic. anyway, He wanted to contain his pictures. And I saw that picture container code though I'm not familiar on how to use it. I used gaiatools to edit his profile but I don't think it's the right profile editor for it. Any other profile editors for the newer profiles?
What exactly do you mean by "contain pictures"...? Like inside of a custom panel?

Gaiatool's editor still works, but it's a bit old and outdated. You might find it's easier to just code things on an actual Gaia account. For that, just make a mule, go to Edit My Profile > Theme > CSS, and type your code in there. Clicking Update will show you your new codes, making it a bit less of a hassle compared to v1.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Vanity is Fair's Compadre

Dapper Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I may have missed it, but do you have a code that makes the background still so that when you scroll down it doesn't move?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Truly Random Code
background-attachment: fixed;

Or if you are adding it onto a pre-existing background code:
html, body{background: value fixed;}

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Vanity is Fair's Compadre

Dapper Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Truly Random Code
background-attachment: fixed;

Or if you are adding it onto a pre-existing background code:
html, body{background: value fixed;}

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Thank you! This is a great thread!
miss do you know how i can put a youtube video as my background?? x.x

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Angel Saito
miss do you know how i can put a youtube video as my background?? x.x
It helps if you check the front page of the forum or do some searching using Google or Gaia's search bar c;
Most recent thread addressing this

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas