Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saxy Coder

Maggre
Ohhhh [looks at it again] right right. Okay thanks! You're very helpful even if its just pointing out those things! smile
You're welcome ~ It was a pleasure to help!
And thank you so much for the gift!! ovo

Girl

how do u uh
how do i explain this
put a border around a wishlist item? after #id_wishlist .item do i just continue w/ {border: 1px solid black;}

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ugly haircut
how do u uh
how do i explain this
put a border around a wishlist item? after #id_wishlist .item do i just continue w/ {border: 1px solid black;}
Yes, that would be right. Although using .item sometimes makes the border a bit more rectangular.
I find that using #id_wishlist img works as a better selector, but only if you remove the premium sparkles first.
(You might also want to add padding to it so there is a bit of space between the image and the border)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Girl

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ugly haircut
how do u uh
how do i explain this
Yes, that would be right. Although using .item sometimes makes the border a bit more rectangular.
I find that using #id_wishlist img works as a better selector, but only if you remove the premium sparkles first.
(You might also want to add padding to it so there is a bit of space between the image and the border)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

img.premium_sparkle {display:none;}
#id_wishlist .img {border: 1px solid black;}

hehehe sorry but whats the difference between these two
#id_wishlist .item {border: 1px solid black;}

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ugly haircut

The first one won't do anything since you have it written wrong. It should be:
#id_wishlist img {border: 1px solid black;}
.premium_sparkle {display:none;}

That will remove the sparkles from your wishlist and add a border to each of your wishlist image, like here. For that profile, the border is rounded, but you can see how it makes a perfect circle? If the borders were not rounded, it would be a perfect square.

Meanwhile, the second one is half right, but you don't need to add the "img" in font of premium sparkle. Corrected:

That will remove the sparkles and target each of the items inside of your wishlist, but the border makes things look slightly more like a vertical rectangle than square (like here).

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Shy Sex Symbol

How can you make text transparent and pictures transparent?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Lesshi
How can you make text transparent and pictures transparent?
Opacity
selector{opacity: 0.6;}
Red part can be changed to anything between 0 and 1 to increase/decrease transparency

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Girl

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ugly haircut

The first one won't do anything since you have it written wrong. It should be:
#id_wishlist img {border: 1px solid black;}

That will remove the sparkles from your wishlist and add a border to each of your wishlist image, like here. For that profile, the border is rounded, but you can see how it makes a perfect circle? If the borders were not rounded, it would be a perfect square.

Meanwhile, the second one is half right, but you don't need to add the "img" in font of premium sparkle. Corrected:

That will remove the sparkles and target each of the items inside of your wishlist, but the border makes things look slightly more like a vertical rectangle than square (like here).

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
ok, i see! thanks a ton

Girl

how to make recent visitors drop down when u hover over it question

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
ugly haircut
how to make recent visitors drop down when u hover over it question
You've got the right code for it at the moment... not entirely sure why it isn't working though confused
Try adding an !important to your hovered height? Or set your columns to overflow: visible?

As a side note, removing the Gaiaonline logo in the top left does put your profile in violation of the rules and lead to you getting reported. You can replace it with a semi-altered logo so that the black background is gone, but you cannot remove the entire Gaia logo.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Premium Receiver

How do does people change there status bar image :0 and the arrow color ?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
-Call it Curse-
You'll need to find your own image for the drop-down arrow, but the selector you want to target is #id_details .statuslinks -- specifically, the background of that.
Most likely you will need to use the background-size property as well in order to scale the image down enough so that it fits.

Alternatively, you can also just apply a rgba background to #id_details .forum_userstatus .pushBox in order to tint the default arrow, but that doesn't always exactly look the best nor blend as nicely.

See this mini guide for more.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Premium Receiver

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
-Call it Curse-
You'll need to find your own image for the drop-down arrow, but the selector you want to target is #id_details .statuslinks -- specifically, the background of that.
Most likely you will need to use the background-size property as well in order to scale the image down enough so that it fits.

Alternatively, you can also just apply a rgba background to #id_details .forum_userstatus .pushBox in order to tint the default arrow, but that doesn't always exactly look the best nor blend as nicely.

See this mini guide for more.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
thanks again for the profile info ^o^

SaneSaber's Waifu

Naughty Wife

15,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The profile I'm working on right now I'm doing the coding from scratch...and I don't know WHY but my background image I'd like will NOT show up.
Having the same issues with the boxes of information as well.

Any clues as to why?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
If Only I Could TeII You
The profile I'm working on right now I'm doing the coding from scratch...and I don't know WHY but my background image I'd like will NOT show up.
Having the same issues with the boxes of information as well.

Any clues as to why?
Well, you haven't got anything in your Theme Override, so I don't know either.
Have you tried going to Theme > URL > Typing "none" into the box there, Updating, then Saving?
Does your background url have a space inside of it? If so, surround the url with apostrophes.

If you could post your code or link me to the profile you're working on, we could work from there ^^;

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces