Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divorced Leaf

Icarus san
how do you use this as your profile
the code?

There's no simple answer for it. If you don't know what you're doing, you should probably hire a profile maker to set that up for ya.

Battle-ready Beau

I just wanted to say thank you!
My profile's not the best, and I don't even know if it works on all browsers, but this guide was incredibly helpful.
3nodding

Newbie Noob

It's strange coming back on here after so long...I'm glad to see people are still finding my guide to be useful! The coding and graphic design skills I learned on Gaia have been invaluable to me. I am now a recent college graduate earning $45,000+/year thanks in part to the stuff I learned on here. So for all of you younger folks out there - don't give up! All of the time you spent here will become worthwhile someday, if it's not already. smile

P.S. Yes, this is a different account than in the main post, but that's because my other account got banned for doing stupid stuff (I traded Gaia gold for a My Coke Rewards code...it's a very stupid reason to get banned, so don't do it.)

SaruCharmed's Compadre

Shirtless Man-Lover

13,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
KayIeyV2
It's strange coming back on here after so long...I'm glad to see people are still finding my guide to be useful! The coding and graphic design skills I learned on Gaia have been invaluable to me. I am now a recent college graduate earning $45,000+/year thanks in part to the stuff I learned on here. So for all of you younger folks out there - don't give up! All of the time you spent here will become worthwhile someday, if it's not already. smile

P.S. Yes, this is a different account than in the main post, but that's because my other account got banned for doing stupid stuff (I traded Gaia gold for a My Coke Rewards code...it's a very stupid reason to get banned, so don't do it.)

Just wanted to say thank you for this guide, it helped me make my current profile for Halloween!
But I was curious if you knew the selector for aquariums? I can't seem to get it to work.

7,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
How do I connect my panels neutral There's just that piece of space between my two columns crying

html, body {background-color: #ff7a7a;background-image:url(http://www.babybedding.com/images/fabric/pink-floral-fabric_medium.jpg) background-position: top center; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: fixed;}
.user_info_popup {background-color: #ff7a7a;}
.panel {background-color: #ffffff;opacity: 0.9; filter:alpha(opacity=20)}
.panel h3 {font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none;}
.panel h2 {font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none;}
div, p, table, td, li, span, .panel, dd {color: #000000; font-family: century gothic; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}
a:link, a:active, a:visited {color: #ff4747; font-family: century gothic; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}
a:hover {color: #8066ff; font-family: century gothic; font-size: 9pt; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}
.style1 dt {font-family: century gothic; font-size: 8pt; text-align: right; text-decoration: none;}
#id_about .clear {display:block; background:url() no-repeat bottom center; height:30px;}
.contact_panel a:link, .contact_panel a:active, .contact_panel a:visited {color: #ff4747; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}
.contact_panel a:hover {color: #8066ff; font-family: Century gothic; font-size: 9pt; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; }
#id_details p strong{font-family: century gothic; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}
.style1 .avatar {display:none;}
.style1 dd p {margin-left:0 !important}a:hover img {filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha (style=0, opacity=60) opacity:0.6;}a {cursor: crosshair;}a {cursor: crosshair;}
#columns{width: 800px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 0px;}
.panel h2{display: none;}
#id_comments{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: 350px;}
#id_custom_6755{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: 200px;}
.media_panel{display: none;}
#id_about{margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px;}
#id_details{margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px;}
#id_signature{margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px;}
#id_comments{margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px;}
#id_custom_6755{margin: 0px 2px 0px 0px;}

Greedy Phantom

On a old version of a profile I used I could but a url image and a color background for the body but when I tried that on v2 i couldn't. Any idea why?
KayleyV2

I have a question, I have a picture as a background and it's in the center right, and it's a dark colored picture.. how is there a way for me to change the white in the background WITHOUT getting rid of the picture? Here, a link so you can understand what I'm trying to say @^@

This one riiiight here~

Hardworking Regular

Nimphadox
I have a question, I have a picture as a background and it's in the center right, and it's a dark colored picture.. how is there a way for me to change the white in the background WITHOUT getting rid of the picture? Here, a link so you can understand what I'm trying to say @^@

This one riiiight here~
If you still were wondering how to fix that, try this:
body{background: #000000;}
body{background: url('imgurll') right center;}

(put your background image url into where it says "imgurl" )

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Does V1 Profiles fall in their own category?
KayIeyV2

That's amazing. It's good to see people here that actually make something out of their lives. I'm on my third year of Biology and I can't wait to finish. 3nodding

12,050 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
thanks it is help me alot

Sweet Glitch

sweatdrop

I was wondering if someone could help me with my media problem...
You see...
Today, I change my profile appearance and decided to hide again my media, but when I do save it doesn't play (it does has the "&autoplay=1" code. )
But then, it play when is not hidden.

So, I was wondering if certain code it is interfering with any other or is a site glitch.

html, body{background:black url(URL HERE)}
#columns{width: 500px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 0px;}
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height:350px; width: 350px;}
.panel h2{background:} <----------did change this and left it empty by when I want to use it.
.media_panel{background:} <-------same here
.media_panel {display:none} <--------just add it
.forum_userstatus{display:none;}
Ms Sharra

i'm pretty sure they do.

nanieru

that's weird, yt videos should still be able to play by themselves when you hide them. i'm certain there's something wrong with your codes since they look a little off anyway... specifically these ones.
.panel h2{background:}
.media_panel{background:}

since you're not doing anything with them, i advise you to erase them from the css.

oh & i just noticed this - i think the main reason why your media isn't working is because of the code you just added in. if you want to hide it, you don't put "display:none" that's getting rid of something completely. i suggest instead that you use the positioning code which kayley explained here (ctrl+f type in 'position'). good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff