Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pink Succubi
How can i make the edges in my About me & etc round?
: o
I think the CSS for current profiles is
.panel{border-radius: 30px;}

replace 30 with a different number if you want, higher=rounder

Generous Capitalist

8,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Does anyone know if I can remove the "on <date>" from my recent visitor block? Whenever I do anything like;

"id_footprints <variable> {
display:none;
}

Nothing happens and Ive tried with the variables I know of.. Text, font, dd.. Nothing works.

Skilled Genius

Sacred Covenant
Does anyone know if I can remove the "on <date>" from my recent visitor block? Whenever I do anything like;

"id_footprints <variable> {
display:none;
}

Nothing happens and Ive tried with the variables I know of.. Text, font, dd.. Nothing works.

Because you can't, not the way you are thinking. The username anchor (link) and the date are within a single element; however you can set the entire font-size to 0 and set the anchor font-size to a larger one. And it's not a "variable" it would be a child element with either an ID or class tag; or a type selector (what element is generated in the HTML), like anchors are <a></a>, their type selector is "a".

#id_footprints .item {font-size: 0;}
#id_footprints a {font-size: 12px;}

The reason being is that the date is just text (text node) of the element with a class of "item" (hence .item), and the username anchor is a child element that you can target individually because it's a separate element from the text.
What you tried to do:
"text" & "font" = invalid not even an element.
"dd" is an element of a definition list (dl) which is not apart of the recent visitors panel, I don't know why you would try that. If you use Firefox (11+) or Chrome, you can use the native inspector to see the element tree within the page and see what IDs, class tags, and node types there are.

Ruthless Giver

9,425 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
So, what might be the best means of making all the columns compact more. If you notice on my profile, their is to much space in the square, I want to get rid of that while still having it centered. What would be the best method to do this?

Thanks in advanced!
stare
how can i put music playlist or a video in my prof?

Fashionable Fatcat

Adrien Rider
So, what might be the best means of making all the columns compact more. If you notice on my profile, their is to much space in the square, I want to get rid of that while still having it centered. What would be the best method to do this?

Thanks in advanced!
stare

Lower or get rid of the margin-left for #column_1, and then simply make the width of #columns smaller. The way you centered your profile will automatically re-center it no matter the size of the columns, so you don't have to worry about that.
#column_1{
margin-left:0;
}
#columns{
width:980px;
}

Dangerous Genius

Does anyone know the code to move a custom panel in the third column up/down/left/right?

Edit: Figured it out.

New Question: How do you get a v2 profile to look the same on all internet browsers? I fixed my profile on IE and it looks different when viewed on Chrome.

Skilled Genius

iLord Orochimaru
Does anyone know the code to move a custom panel in the third column up/down/left/right?

New Question: How do you get a v2 profile to look the same on all internet browsers? I fixed my profile on IE and it looks different when viewed on Chrome.
Don't use vender specific properties, such as -moz-, -webkit-, -o-, -ms-, or make sure the other browser supports a vender specific version. There are also things that will simply not work in some browsers, such as IE8 will never render CSS3 properties, so rounded corners unless done with images in IE8 will never happen.

Skilled Genius

iiU MAD BROii
Hey...
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the text on the profile header glow when you hover over it?
And also how would I change the text style of my profile? question

You need to set a hover and the text-shadow property with four comma separated values. See my thread, and more specifically this post for more.

Dangerous Genius

Knight Yoshi
iLord Orochimaru

Don't use vender specific properties, such as -moz-, -webkit-, -o-, -ms-, or make sure the other browser supports a vender specific version. There are also things that will simply not work in some browsers, such as IE8 will never render CSS3 properties, so rounded corners unless done with images in IE8 will never happen.

I have no idea what that meant.

I'm using regular boxes, none of that round edges stuff. Its just the font when viewed in Chrome overlaps the photo on my profile but when viewed in IE its centered.

But thank you!

Skilled Genius

iLord Orochimaru
Knight Yoshi
iLord Orochimaru

I'm using regular boxes, none of that round edges stuff. Its just the font when viewed in Chrome overlaps the photo on my profile but when viewed in IE its centered.

But thank you!

I would say it's because you have a lot of poor CSS going on. It overlaps in Firefox and even in IE9 on my screen.

Dangerous Genius

Knight Yoshi
iLord Orochimaru
Knight Yoshi
iLord Orochimaru

But thank you!

I would say it's because you have a lot of poor CSS going on. It overlaps in Firefox and even in IE9 on my screen.

Do you know how to fix it? D:

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
I use this thread to code my Gaia profile, but I also use it to code my tumblr blog theme too. I accidentally messed it up and now the posts are way below the sidebar. Is there anyone who knows css/html in depth who could help? Or knows a link to a guide on it?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.

Popular Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
What is the order in which the codes go in

and if there is no order, can you give me one?

the thread makes it hard for me to know what the codes actually look like.

I can not distinguish the beginning of a code or the end of one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff