Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

Diamond Nines
I have tried using a hidden scroll bar for comments,but for some reason when I did my about me and wishlist the page stretches and a scroll bar appears. I have tried to play around with the numbers,but I just want the exact#.

edit: Take a look at my profile. I did the code for hidden scroll bar for my comments,wishlist and about me. My about me and wishlist I still see a blue scroll bar. Am I doing something wrong or it just doesn't work for Google Chrome?

Making a hidden scrollbar for wishlists doesn't seem to work the same way as the rest, because of how hidden scrollbars actually work. They use an outside element and an inside element, which the comments panel has and for the about panel you can create, but wishlists don't have an inner element, only an outer one. If it doesn't have both, it won't work.

For about panels, it starts getting more confusing because you have to actually create an inner element for the panel using BBCode. You have to add a list tag around your entire about content, and then style that list as if it were the inner element for the scrollbar code, and if you didn't do this entirely and exactly, it won't work.

The BBCode needed:
[list=1]your about me content here[/list]

The CSS needed (not using the guide's code, if you notice, since the guide is done terribly. This code is miles better and much easier to work with. Most of the time all you will need to change are the selectors and the height and it'll work on any panel that the guide's ones do):
#id_about{
overflow:hidden;
}
#id_about ol{
overflow-y:scroll;
width:100%;
height:300px;
padding-left:50px;
}
If the panel is too short or too tall, change 300px to higher or lower numbers.

And I see that you still want colored scrollbars, so since Knight Yoshi won't give it to you, I will. As he said, it's impossible to make a custom scrollbar that works for everyone, since the two options that do exist (at this point) only work on Google Chrome+Safari, or Internet Explorer, and like he said, it's usually advised against to use anything that is that limited in crossbrowser compatibility.

Since you still want it despite that, you can use this code, which is the code for the Chrome+Safari scrollbars (I don't know how to do the IE ones, even if you wanted them, and I don't plan on learning). I'm actually gonna kinda put this in multiple sections because this can get confusing.
::-webkit-scrollbar{
width:5px;
height:5px;
}
Just use this for the size of your scrollbar. As long as you keep both the width and height the same number, you can adjust how big you want your scrollbar by changing the numbers– higher numbers are thicker, lower numbers are thinner. Test it out to see what you like.

::-webkit-scrollbar-track{
background:#ffffff;
}
This is the track of the scrollbar, which on most computers is white or gray and you usually don't click on it. I've set it to white, but you can change it to other colors or add an image by changing #ffffff to another hex code or color name for a color, or to url(your url) for an image.

::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb{
background:#666666;
}
This is the handle of the scrollbar, which on most computers is blue or gray and is the part you click and drag to scroll. I set it to a darkish gray, but you can change it to another color or an image the same way as with the track.

Fashionable Fatcat

Deathflight
I can't seem to get the hidden scroll working in my profile visitors box. This is the code I'm currently using:

#id_footprints{overflow: auto; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; height: 100px;}
#id_footprints dl{overflow-y: auto; padding-right: 500px; height: 100px; width: 190px;}

I see you have just tried to modify the guide's code for a comments panel scrollbar to try and make it work with the recent visitors, but that actually won't work.

Hidden scrollbars are made by using an outer box (for comments it's just #id_comments) and an inner box (#id_comments dl). The recent visitors box doesn't have an inner box to work with, so it won't work. It must have both an inner box and an outer box to work.

Fashionable Fatcat

Peachie Puff
What the selector for "Recent Visitors"?
I want to change the white background it has.
; u ;!

#id_footprints
It's not as straightforward as the rest
kittymmeow

Thank you. : )

Ruthless Giver

9,425 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
Hello. I'm looking to make all the columns background transparent. If you take a look at my profile, the white part inside the columns. I want that to be semi-transparent so I can see the background I have on. I dont know if its something very complex or very simple and im just dumb. gonk

If you could help me with this, that would be great. Thank you!
-Lucas-

Fashionable Fatcat

Its Just Lucas
Hello. I'm looking to make all the columns background transparent. If you take a look at my profile, the white part inside the columns. I want that to be semi-transparent so I can see the background I have on. I dont know if its something very complex or very simple and im just dumb. gonk

-Lucas-

Find this in your code:
#columns {background: white;}

And change it to:
#columns {background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5) ;}
This is a little different than the way you usually do colors on profiles (usually in hex codes or color names) since it's in RGB format instead. You have to convert your colors from hex codes (#xxxxxx) to RGB format (x,x,x), which you can do here but white, like you have at the moment, is 255,255,255, so that'll at least get you started. For changing how transparent you want it, you can change the 0.50 to any number between 0.01 and 1.00, acting like percents– higher numbers are more opaque.

Ruthless Giver

9,425 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
kittymmeow
Its Just Lucas

-Lucas-

Find this in your code:
#columns {background: white;}

And change it to:
#columns {background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5) ;}
This is a little different than the way you usually do colors on profiles (usually in hex codes or color names) since it's in RGB format instead. You have to convert your colors from hex codes (#xxxxxx) to RGB format (x,x,x), which you can do here but white, like you have at the moment, is 255,255,255, so that'll at least get you started. For changing how transparent you want it, you can change the 0.50 to any number between 0.01 and 1.00, acting like percents– higher numbers are more opaque.

Thank you very much! Its all fixed up! Thank you! Thank you! biggrin

Eternal Guardian

21,175 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Partygoer 500
this is helpful

Miloxxie's Kouhai

No Admirer

18,000 Points
  • Team Player 50
  • Married 100
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
kittymmeow
Peachie Puff
What the selector for "Recent Visitors"?
I want to change the white background it has.
; u ;!

#id_footprints
It's not as straightforward as the rest

Thank you!
heart

Winner

10,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
im not sure if you know this code but when I clicked on this profile my avi popped up on their profile surprised can you please tell me the code if you know them 4laugh

Fashionable Fatcat

Leo Keikei
im not sure if you know this code but when I clicked on this profile my avi popped up on their profile surprised can you please tell me the code if you know them 4laugh

It's been kinda an ongoing confusion about whether that's even allowed or not, but I think it's leaning in the direction of not being allowed, so I won't give you it (partially since I don't even know it) and don't suggest you use it either, even if you find it elsewhere

Winner

10,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
kittymmeow
Leo Keikei

It's been kinda an ongoing confusion about whether that's even allowed or not, but I think it's leaning in the direction of not being allowed, so I won't give you it (partially since I don't even know it) and don't suggest you use it either, even if you find it elsewhere

aaah really? surprised

Shadowy Hunter

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm going to sounds ridiculous- mainly because I'm sure it's been posted before and I apologize- but how can I change the light blue color on my headers?
Whenever I found a code, it would just change the font in my headers from white to a different one. Everything else I wanted seemed to work fine- just that blue won't go away. I'm trying to make it as if it's not there at all.
Augh sorry. I'm stupid. x_x

Fashionable Fatcat

Leo Keikei
kittymmeow
Leo Keikei

aaah really? surprised

Yup :/ It's kinda explained here why it isn't (or shouldn't be) allowed. Plus of course the fact that it sometimes scares people when they see their avi on some random person's profile XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff