Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Decorator

Radiocarbon
Ben Pond
~~~~~~~~~~User Image~~~~~~~~~~

how do i center the navigation bar?
crying

It's against the rules to reposition the navigation bar.

really? User Image i looked at iGummi's profile look at her nav bar thats all i want.
User Image

You can do it if you want, but don't get mad if your theme gets disabled.

Witty Decorator

Radiocarbon
        You can do it if you want, but don't get mad if your theme gets disabled.

oh.
User Image

Kayley FC
Miimic
User Image
Could I do that copy and paste thing that newbies always do, and just position it in the right place?

Sure, I guess. That's pretty much what this guide is at some parts. razz
User Image

Would it have positioning problems in different browsers?

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Timid 100
I'm in the middle of reading your amazing guide, but before I proceed, I thought I'd tell you about another really great, free image program. Photofiltre! The quality is as good as Photoshop, but it's a lot more user-friendly.
THE HEX coDe And THe PANNel Code together didnt work cry
is there a way that i can extend the size of the background so i can see all of the picture because the less panels i have the more the background shrinks... is there a special code for that or it isn't possible??
          I currently tried using this code to hide the date of my comments but it doesn't
          seem too work well. Is my code incorrect or is there another one to do such?

#id_comments .date{display: none;}

& Edit; By any chance anybody know the code to hide the " [view posts] [view guilds] [view store]"
[ - That Asian Girl - ]
          I currently tried using this code to hide the date of my comments but it doesn't

& Edit; By any chance anybody know the code to hide the " [view posts] [view guilds] [view store]"
User Image

You are using a classic profile, not a v2 profile. The code for date removal would be:
#comments .date {display:none;}

The about link removal would be:
#about .links {display:none;}
[ - That Asian Girl - ]

i dont think you need a code for that you just edi your profile and remove it with the x's beside the panels and that's it but then again at the top of your profile there's a question mark and you can still see peeps guilds and posts not your market or store
Miimic
[ - That Asian Girl - ]

User Image

You are using a classic profile, not a v2 profile. The code for date removal would be:
#comments .date {display:none;}

The about link removal would be:
#about .links {display:none;}

Ohh that pesky v2 xd
          Thanks it works perfectly! <3
Wow. Thank you so much for posting this. ^_^ Now I can actually code my profile. xD
I've been looking for a guide like this.
Okay, so, anyone know why Firefox is still displaying my old background, instead of the new background I coded into it?

EDIT: Okay, soo, I figure out that it is recognizing the theme instead of my override. Is there a way to get it to recognize mine?
Chiea
Okay, so, anyone know why Firefox is still displaying my old background, instead of the new background I coded into it?

EDIT: Okay, soo, I figure out that it is recognizing the theme instead of my override. Is there a way to get it to recognize mine?

You had this before:

body,html {background: url(http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/Chii0014/Stuff for Gaia/patt_488ff82225fd7.jpg) repeat; cursor: crosshair; }

The space in the name ("Stuff for Gaia" ) is causing the problem.

You just need to write the code like this:
body,html {background: url('http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/Chii0014/Stuff for Gaia/patt_488ff82225fd7.jpg') repeat; cursor: crosshair; }

Adding the quotations makes the line read as a whole line, and not get cut off at the first space.
Ah! I see, thanks!
And that did it!

Baaaaaaaah! *tackleglompsKayley*
Kept me up until about one last night trying to do that D;
Kinda OCD about finishing coding ;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items