Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Bloodsucker

Schizophrenia XIII

I wish I knew the person's profile e.o
but it was pretty sweet they were spinning slowly in-ward

Well I can point you in the direction of some sites that do tutorials.
Create a Spinning Zooming effect
Make Your Images Spin
As I said do some research on CSS animation and you should find what you need.
Tragically Hipster
Schizophrenia XIII

I wish I knew the person's profile e.o
but it was pretty sweet they were spinning slowly in-ward

Well I can point you in the direction of some sites that do tutorials.
Create a Spinning Zooming effect
Make Your Images Spin
As I said do some research on CSS animation and you should find what you need.

Thank you! mrgreen

Lover

How do I make my images light, but when I hover over it it slowly fades to a darker color?
How do you make the main background a color?
Not an image but a solid color (for ex: #5D8AA8 )
Solved!

Beloved Kitten

angelababy107
My Contact Panel is showing the clickable parts inside it as invisible. Has this happened to anyone before?
If so how can I fix it?

reposting to hopefully get an answer... ninja

Fashionable Fatcat

angelababy107
angelababy107
My Contact Panel is showing the clickable parts inside it as invisible. Has this happened to anyone before?
If so how can I fix it?

I think the problem could be that the default color of text for it, when not a link, is black, and your background is largely black. When you are looking at your own profile, it shows those clickable things as plain text (like so you can't add yourself as a friend), and if the default color of plain text is black, it will be hard to see. As an outsider, going to your profile makes that text into links, so I can click it, and it looks like all the other links (clickable things) anywhere else on your profile (comments, about, whatever). If you go onto your profile on a mule, or have someone take a picture of the page for you, you'll see that they are visible to everyone else. If you want it to show up as a brighter color so you can see it when you're looking at your own profile, put this in:
#id_contact{
color: your color;
}
This will make all the plain, non-clickable text in that box whatever color you change "your color" to.

Beloved Kitten

kittymmeow
angelababy107
angelababy107
If so how can I fix it?

I think the problem could be that the default color of text for it, when not a link, is black, and your background is largely black. When you are looking at your own profile, it shows those clickable things as plain text (like so you can't add yourself as a friend), and if the default color of plain text is black, it will be hard to see. As an outsider, going to your profile makes that text into links, so I can click it, and it looks like all the other links (clickable things) anywhere else on your profile (comments, about, whatever). If you go onto your profile on a mule, or have someone take a picture of the page for you, you'll see that they are visible to everyone else. If you want it to show up as a brighter color so you can see it when you're looking at your own profile, put this in:
#id_contact{
color: your color;
}
This will make all the plain, non-clickable text in that box whatever color you change "your color" to.

Thanks! 4laugh

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I just stumbled across this guide, so I'm sorry if you have already answered this, but I was wondering how to make the columns of my profile more narrow. I already have them centered, I just want them thinner. If that even makes sense...? I was messing around with a few things that I read from the first page, but I couldn't figure it out. Please help?
emotion_c8

IiI kim's Senpai

Profitable Saint

melzyBabyy
I just stumbled across this guide, so I'm sorry if you have already answered this, but I was wondering how to make the columns of my profile more narrow. I already have them centered, I just want them thinner. If that even makes sense...? I was messing around with a few things that I read from the first page, but I couldn't figure it out. Please help?
emotion_c8

#column_2{width: ##px;}
Play around with the numbers : )

Sarrgasm's Waifu

How can I change the font in the actual profile layout? >////< Complete noob at coding here...

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
fujice
melzyBabyy
emotion_c8

#column_2{width: ##px;}
Play around with the numbers : )

emotion_jawdrop So simple! Thank you (:

Hilarious Bloodsucker

Un Fiato
How can I change the font in the actual profile layout? >////< Complete noob at coding here...

No problem, depending on the section you want, it'll be

#divname{
font-family:insert font name or family;
}

or
body{
font-family:font;

}

The body one is what will default to, if there isn't anything in the id's or classes. However, there is a limited amount of preferred fonts you can use if you don't use @font-face, which allows you to use a font from your server. So I wouldn't worry about it.

When using a font, just remember, just because you have it doesn't mean others do. So, remember some of the basic ones, like, Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Is there a way you can change the opacity of the panels without making the fonts look faded?

Fashionable Fatcat

Meisty
Is there a way you can change the opacity of the panels without making the fonts look faded?

Using RGBA colors (which stands for red green blue alpha) as your panel background color, you can do just that.
.panel{
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.50) ;
}

For this method, you have to put your colors in RGB format for it to work (RGB meaning x,x,x, versus hex codes which are more often used, meaning #xxxxxx); I set it to white (255,255,255) because that's what they are already on your profile, so I'm assuming that's what you want.

You can change how transparent it is by changing 0.50 to any number between 0.01 and 1.00– they work like percentages or like in the normal opacity property, so higher numbers mean less transparent.

Friendly Millionaire

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
OMG, I've been trying to center it like those profiles & the square outline is like - - - -
like this one?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces