Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
scintillations
xXVanillaNinjaXx
I'm wondering how to make the multimedia completely transparent.
Like the background, not the actual stuff on it. I don't want to see the white, and I already got rid of the headers.

I took web design, and I know css codes, but I'm having a little trouble with it.

.media_panel{background: transparent;}

Is that what you're looking for? Tell me if it's wrong ^^;

Nope that's exactly what I wanted!
Also, I was wondering, do current profiles allow the, &autoplay=1 thing?
Because the profile I'm working on won't do it D8

Hygienic Citizen

xXVanillaNinjaXx
scintillations
xXVanillaNinjaXx
Like the background, not the actual stuff on it. I don't want to see the white, and I already got rid of the headers.

I took web design, and I know css codes, but I'm having a little trouble with it.

D: Yesyes, it should work!
Try moving it around to different spots? User Image

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
scintillations
xXVanillaNinjaXx
scintillations
xXVanillaNinjaXx

D: Yesyes, it should work!
Try moving it around to different spots? User Image

Do you think that would change it?
EDIT: I got it to work, thanks!

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
I tried to change the color to my contacts links, but now my add to friends isn't working. Could someone help me?

Cute Pup

scintillations
imxaxcookie
How can you make sure when you made the contents transparant that when you move with your mouse over it, it becomes visible? + Is there a way to add music to your profile without seeing your media ? User Image

.media_panel object, .media_panel embed {height: 25px; width: 30px; }
That'll reduce your video to just the play button. Making it completely invisible would be inconsiderate User Image

For the other question, just look at the post above this one :3

Thx ^^ User Image

Vicious Cutie-Pie

23,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
scintillations
Deusa da Vitoria
scintillations
YASUKl
What is the code for when you hover your mouse in to the transparent boxes and it stops being transparent/becomes clearer, sorry i'm not good at explain things

I'm assuming they're already transparent?

.panel:hover{opacity: 1; -moz-opacity: 1; filter:alpha(opacity=100); -khtml-opacity: 1;}

From what I understand, that should work. Not sure if there's a simpler way.

Do you know if there's a way to have the panels only become opaque when you hover your mouse over the one in particular? Like for instance, if you wanted to have your comments panel become opaque when you hover your mouse over it, instead of all the panels becoming opaque at once?

The only thing I can think of is to list each panel individually, like:

#id_comments:hover{opacity: 1; -moz-opacity: 1; filter:alpha(opacity=100); -khtml-opacity: 1;}

I'm not very experienced at this, so there might be a way I don't know about... sweatdrop
That should work, though, if you don't mind going to the trouble. It could be a hassle if you have a lot of panels though User Image

Dang...I was afraid of that...I'll check and see if it works though, thanks. smile

EDIT: It works! Thanks so much! It also helps if you copy and paste. biggrin

Fatcat

So I'm wondering right now that if you want to css your profile, do you have to set up code for everything that's in there? Or just the parts that you want to alter?

I tried something like this one, very simple, just changing background,
body{background:#FFCCEE url('blah.blahblah.jpg')}
And it worked perfectly.

So now i'm moving onto something a bit more complicated - trying to change header colours. The header colors did change with this code
#profile h2{background: #FF88FF; color: #ff0022; font-size: 12px;}
but i only see it being applied when i'm in edit profile layout mode while i'm on the profile.
Not quite sure how to fix that. sweatdrop

Lastly, I wanted to add a scrollbox to my comments box, but that's not showing up at all...using this code right now.
#id_comments{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: ##100px;}
If you can help me make the box shorter, like just displaying a few comments at a time, that'd be wonderful also.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this! heart

Hygienic Citizen

xXTeh_Evil_CookiehXx
So I'm wondering right now that if you want to css your profile, do you have to set up code for everything that's in there? Or just the parts that you want to alter?
Yes, right. You only need to code for the parts you're changing^^

Quote:
Lastly, I wanted to add a scrollbox to my comments box, but that's not showing up at all...using this code right now.
#id_comments{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: ##100px;}
If you can help me make the box shorter, like just displaying a few comments at a time, that'd be wonderful also.

Just take out the two number signs before the "100px", they shouldn't be there. :3
Sorry I can't answer the other one, I'm not really sure about that sweatdrop

Fatcat

scintillations

Just take out the two number signs before the "100px", they shouldn't be there. :3
Sorry I can't answer the other one, I'm not really sure about that sweatdrop

It worked! Thanks for your help!

Noob

hey, does anyone know how to change the size of the avatar in the comment box?
ive tried
#id_comments .avatar{height: 150px; width: 120px;}
but that doesnt work
i went to inspect element but i cant make sense of anything sweatdrop

Friendly Man-Lover

10,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
How can I add a background to the whole page while there are no backgrounds on the colums? (i.e transparent column Backgrounds)? I tried it and everything is white. in the background
[quote"KayleyV2] What's the code for aligning your header into the centre? Not the cenrte of the page, but just for them to be squished together instead of all out at the right and left?

Does anyone know a way to increase the width of the "About Me" section?
I want to align my text to the right, but it keeps getting cut off; I'm assuming because of the width.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked at all, already.

Thank you in advance!

Noob

Khaotic+Katharsis
Does anyone know a way to increase the width of the "About Me" section?
I want to align my text to the right, but it keeps getting cut off; I'm assuming because of the width.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked at all, already.

Thank you in advance!

I think you have to play around with the width of the column you have the About Me section placed.
I have my first column with this code. #column_1{width: 490px;} so depending on what column it is in depends if you change the 1 to 2 or 3 and the change the actual width size till you're satisfied!
hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces