Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miimic
iAlli
Nice guide Kayley. 3nodding

This should dramatically decrease the amount of threads being made about simple V2 codes.
I've only ever done old school. xp Maybe I'll try making a V2 one someday using this.
User Image

I don't believe this will decrease the threads dramatically. We all know people that most of the people that wander in here don't look at other threads before making their own, but it will be a lot easier to answer their question.

Yep, realistically, that's true.
That's why I said it "should" decrease it, hah. xd
If we want to create a back ground image for a panel header, will the panel name display over the image or do we have to make the header image have the header name text in it?

Oh and one more question, can we change the acutal positioning of everything in the profiles, cuz im guessing the panels are in div tags, can we change them from div tags to tables?
DJDJ16
If we want to create a back ground image for a panel header, will the panel name display over the image or do we have to make the header image have the header name text in it?

Oh and one more question, can we change the acutal positioning of everything in the profiles, cuz im guessing the panels are in div tags, can we change them from div tags to tables?

------------KAYLEYFCsays:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The panel name will display over the image by default. If you want to get rid of it, you can just add .panel h2{text-indent: -5000px;}.

You can position the sections in different parts of the profile. There are many ways to position, but on the first page I go over absolute positioning. There is also relative positioning, and sometimes you can use margins to position.

As for converting divs to tables, I don't believe that is possible with Gaia's CSS, because in most cases you would have to override the HTML, which you can't do.

However, you can create new tables on Gaia and position them elsewhere. You would just create them in the About section or a Custom section using QUOTE tags.

You can do it with CODE tags as well, but QUOTE tags are much more flexible.

It wouldn't be that much different from creating a Custom section though, which is already easy in v2/Current profiles, so there isn't much of a need to create one unless you are using an Old School profile.

THISISbarton---------------
Kayley FC
DJDJ16

The panel name will display over the image by default. If you want to get rid of it, you can just add .panel h2{text-indent: -5000px;}.

You can position the sections in different parts of the profile. There are many ways to position, but on the first page I go over absolute positioning. There is also relative positioning, and sometimes you can use margins to position.

As for converting divs to tables, I don't believe that is possible with Gaia's CSS, because in most cases you would have to override the HTML, which you can't do.

However, you can create new tables on Gaia and position them elsewhere. You would just create them in the About section or a Custom section using QUOTE tags.

It wouldn't be that much different from creating a Custom section though, which is already easy in v2/Current profiles, so there isn't much of a need to create one unless you are using an Old School profile.

how do you get media to not autostart, or loop?
and how do you put more than one media box on a profile?
DJDJ16
Kayley FC
DJDJ16

Your media already does not autostart.

You would add another media the same way that you added the first one. You would click the +Media under Content in the customization box. Then you would add the URL by clicking Edit on the panel.

However, try not to have too many medias. They can become overcrowded and distracting.
Kayley FC
DJDJ16
Kayley FC
DJDJ16

You would add another media the same way that you added the first one. You would click the +Media under Content in the customization box. Then you would add the URL by clicking Edit on the panel.

However, try not to have too many medias. They can become overcrowded and distracting.

I havent done any css yet because Im trying to get everything how I want it, but how do you make a playlist
DJDJ16
Kayley FC
DJDJ16
Kayley FC
DJDJ16

I havent done any css yet because Im trying to get everything how I want it, but how do you make a playlist

I recommend reading the Project Playlist part of this guide.

Witty Decorator

~~~~~~~~~~User Image~~~~~~~~~~

what is the code that makes the profile background image stay while the modules move?
sweatdrop

Ben Pond

what is the code that makes the profile background image stay while the modules move?
sweatdrop

You would just add fixed to the end.

This is how it would look in your current code:
html,body { background: url(http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/Ponderosa1234/7-1.gif) fixed repeat top left; }

Witty Decorator

OK! Thank You.
User Image

Hey, for the section you have about identification of custom sections, you might want to add some information about Aardvark. Its a Firefox extension that is very easy to use, and tells you the id of anysection you happen to have your mouse over at the time.

Its a great help for V2 coding. Section identification isn't the only thing it does, so anyone using it can do a bit of experimentation.

User Image

Witty Decorator

i have another question. sweatdrop
um on my profile i have the video at the top put you have to scroll you see all because it's cut off buy the screen User Image
is there anyway to move the module up ???
emo

Is centering in gaia the same as you would anyother time in CSS?
Ben Pond

i have another question. sweatdrop
um on my profile i have the video at the top put you have to scroll you see all because it's cut off buy the screen User Image
is there anyway to move the module up ???
emo

You can use this as a base code:
#columns{margin-top: -100px;}

Make the "100" larger or smaller depending on how far from the top you want the profile to be.

DJDJ16
Is centering in gaia the same as you would anyother time in CSS?

It has the same base, but it's slightly different. This is the code you would use if you wanted to center the page:
#columns{width: ##px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 0px;}

Or if you wanted to center text, you would apply {text-align: center;} to a selector.

Telep Undomian
Hey, for the section you have about identification of custom sections, you might want to add some information about Aardvark. Its a Firefox extension that is very easy to use, and tells you the id of anysection you happen to have your mouse over at the time.

Its a great help for V2 coding. Section identification isn't the only thing it does, so anyone using it can do a bit of experimentation.

User Image

Okay, I'll add that. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas