Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Ok... sweatdrop Sorry for the stupid questions again, but I'm still kind of learning this a little bit. 3nodding

I'm attempting to make my playlist wider.. sweatdrop I altered the code from playlist.com itself, which works, to a point... The playlist itself is wider, but it seems Gaia has a limit of how big they can be?
I attempted to resize the media panel, but it resizes the whole panel, not just the spot where the playlist itself is. 3nodding Which is not what I was after... sweatdrop
I'm trying to make my playlist stretch out to be pretty much as wide as the panel itself, and possibly a little taller. 3nodding (The numbers I used are 450x250)
As of right now, I only have a little square (about 200x200) that I'm wishing to make bigger... sweatdrop Any ideas?

5,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
Hi there!
I'm just getting the hang of the CSS code thingys.
You're posts have really helped a lot.
But, can you answer my question please?
Okay here goes:

I have a multimedia playlist thingy. I would like to
hide the multimedia thingy but keep it playing.
Do you know what I mean?
Can you please help me out on this?
:3
Monblanc
Ok... sweatdrop Sorry for the stupid questions again, but I'm still kind of learning this a little bit. 3nodding

I'm attempting to make my playlist wider.. sweatdrop I altered the code from playlist.com itself, which works, to a point... The playlist itself is wider, but it seems Gaia has a limit of how big they can be?
I attempted to resize the media panel, but it resizes the whole panel, not just the spot where the playlist itself is. 3nodding Which is not what I was after... sweatdrop
I'm trying to make my playlist stretch out to be pretty much as wide as the panel itself, and possibly a little taller. 3nodding (The numbers I used are 450x250)
As of right now, I only have a little square (about 200x200) that I'm wishing to make bigger... sweatdrop Any ideas?

You would use this code. 3nodding
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height: ##px; width: ##px;}

Just input the height and width.

Teffie_Bear
Hi there!
I'm just getting the hang of the CSS code thingys.
You're posts have really helped a lot.
But, can you answer my question please?
Okay here goes:

I have a multimedia playlist thingy. I would like to
hide the multimedia thingy but keep it playing.
Do you know what I mean?
Can you please help me out on this?
:3

I know this code, but it's the one code that I refuse to give out. As you might be able to tell by the large red letters in my first post, this is a huge pet peeve of mine on profiles; I would prefer to help you make it so that you could just have a play/pause button instead.

However, if you really want to know that exact way, just make a New Topic in this forum (the Profile Discussion forum) and I'm sure someone will answer your question before too long. 3nodding
Oh Boo You Whore
purple-chocobo
Kayley FC
purple-chocobo
im having a problem with positioning. i'm trying to position the panel so it's on the very right side of one of my custom panels, but whenever i use the code, my about me panel disappears. sweatdrop crying

Can you show me what code you are using? The values may be too large.

I was using this code; {position:absolute; top:0px; left:200px;}

Okay, well one problem I see with that is that there is no height/width specified, which would cause the section to collapse. However, I've found a way to move sections around which is even more efficient, so I'll use that instead.

On this account, the profile had your set-up, with your codes and everything. The About section is 200px to the left. This is the code that I am using:

#id_about{position: relative; top:0px; left:200px;}
#column_2 .panel{width: 500px;}
#column_2{width: 800px;}

Is this the effect you want?

- Kayley

Erm no. everything else just became transparent.
...Yeah sorry for the trouble. >.<
purple-chocobo
Oh Boo You Whore
purple-chocobo
Kayley FC
purple-chocobo
im having a problem with positioning. i'm trying to position the panel so it's on the very right side of one of my custom panels, but whenever i use the code, my about me panel disappears. sweatdrop crying

Okay, well one problem I see with that is that there is no height/width specified, which would cause the section to collapse. However, I've found a way to move sections around which is even more efficient, so I'll use that instead.

On this account, the profile had your set-up, with your codes and everything. The About section is 200px to the left. This is the code that I am using:

- Kayley

Change the "absolute" in your code to "relative" and it should work.

And don't worry about it! You're not doing anything wrong by asking questions.
Kayley FC
purple-chocobo
Oh Boo You Whore
purple-chocobo
Kayley FC
purple-chocobo

- Kayley

Change the "absolute" in your code to "relative" and it should work.

And don't worry about it! You're not doing anything wrong by asking questions.

Yayy! It worked. Thanks a bunch. rofl I shall subscribe. whee

5,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
Oh, okay! Thank you so much & I'm
sorry for that. :3
Monblanc

Thanks! whee I must have missed the links part, but the other stuff I was clueless about. 3nodding I guess that's what I get for trying to do this at 2am.. sweatdrop

So would I get the selector for pictures in the same way as I would custom panels? For when I add more pictures?
Yup, pictures have specific IDs just like custom panels. =]
Kayley FC
Add margin-top: 75px; to your #id_about code.

It would look like this:
#id_about{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: 300px; margin-top: 75px;}

And don't worry about the autoplay. Being forced to listen to music to someone else's music on a profile is just one of my biggest pet peeves. I was also really frustrated when I replied; I had tried for over 10 minutes to try and disable yours from playing, but nothing I did worked. Thanks for being so flexible by taking it off. 3nodding

Ooooh.
That's lovely.
Thank you.
>w<
Scrappy Cool Bus

You mean like this?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=13534342

I just added #column_3{width: 500px;}. However, I would not advise doing this if that's what you meant. Your profile would display oddly on smaller resolutions, because the right column will be cut off.

Also, in the future I would appreciate if you temporarily took off your music. I didn't even have my headphones on and it was still blaring. It's incredibly frustrating when your ears are blasted with music and you have no way of turning it off. I don't like being forced to listen to someone else's music when I'm trying to help them; if I didn't feel such a strong urge to help people in my thread, I might have ignored your question for the sole fact that I find it unfair to be forced to deal with such music just because I'm trying to be nice. That's why I usually refuse to give out the hidden media code; it is much better to just have an on/off button because at least the media can be turned off then.

Oh, this is Kayley btw. I forgot to switch accounts.
♣

not really :/
nvm anymoar.
I need help. I'm trying to get rid of the stupid little ? by my friends and the Alert me of Comments but I'm not having any luck.

I tried #id_comments .user_info img{display: none;} to try and get rid of the ? but it didn't work. I can't figure out what the alert is.. I thought it was alert_container but when I deleted that it too away the option to comment.

I don't know what I'm doing..
Shedding Ink
I need help. I'm trying to get rid of the stupid little ? by my friends and the Alert me of Comments but I'm not having any luck.

I tried #id_comments .user_info img{display: none;} to try and get rid of the ? but it didn't work. I can't figure out what the alert is.. I thought it was alert_container but when I deleted that it too away the option to comment.

I don't know what I'm doing..

#id_comments .user_info img controls the ? for the comments. This should get rid of it in Friends:
#id_friends .user_info img{display: none;}

The Alerts banner is only visible to you, but you can use this to hide it:
#alerts_banner{display: none;}

Kayley, you're too nice by helping these people out. crying
i need help.
its that when i out a custom box, i want a scrollbox for it.
i tried the code, but its not working.
i think i got the wrong code.
D:
can you give me the right code ?

Witty Decorator

~~~~~~~~~~User Image~~~~~~~~~~

i just have a question is there a code that when you hover over a panel it scroll's but when your not hovered it won't?
just wondering...
User Image

~~~~~~~~~~User Image~~~~~~~~~~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out