Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was wondering how to make the links in the comment box white instead of the color it is now
kiki264
I was wondering how to make the links in the comment box white instead of the color it is now

This will work to make all links on the page white:
a{color: #FFFFFF;}
Kayley FC
kiki264

This will work to make all links on the page white:
a{color: #FFFFFF;}

thank you
User Image
-off first page-
Hey can somone help me with something? As for the info, I was trying to add the opacity code on .panel and .panel h2. What I wanted to do was change panel background and panel header background to transparent colors.

.panel
{background: #FFCC00; color: #00CC66; font-family: arial black; opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50) -khtml-opacity: .5; }
.panel h2
{ text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 15px; font-family: times new roman; font-weight: bold; color: #990033; background: #000000; opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50) -khtml-opacity: .5; }

Oh yeah and other than the opacity, this code has been working for me since I started using it, and I use it on a V2 profile. Just adding that in case anyone says anything about changing over to classic. Am I using the opacity part wrong?
Cyber Hunter
Hey can somone help me with something? As for the info, I was trying to add the opacity code on .panel and .panel h2. What I wanted to do was change panel background and panel header background to transparent colors.

.panel
{background: #FFCC00; color: #00CC66; font-family: arial black; opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50) -khtml-opacity: .5; }
.panel h2
{ text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 15px; font-family: times new roman; font-weight: bold; color: #990033; background: #000000; opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50) -khtml-opacity: .5; }

Oh yeah and other than the opacity, this code has been working for me since I started using it, and I use it on a V2 profile. Just adding that in case anyone says anything about changing over to classic. Am I using the opacity part wrong?

Can you insert the opacity codes into your current CSS so that I can see how it turns out? It should work the way it is.

However, something quick that I noticed is that you should take the opacity off of .panel h2. The h2 already gets the .5 opacity from the .panel, so if you put it on both the h2 would actually have .5x.5 opacity.

That shouldn't affect how the code displays though. What web browser are you using?
How do you change the Gaia Logo in the header?
(All I want to do is change it from black to a different color, and I made a new one--same size and everything.)

I used this:

#header_left img{background: url(imageURLhere) top left no-repeat;}

...But it won't work. What should I do to fix it?

Thanks!
Kayley FC
Cyber Hunter

.panel
.panel h2

Can you insert the opacity codes into your current CSS so that I can see how it turns out? It should work the way it is.

However, something quick that I noticed is that you should take the opacity off of .panel h2. The h2 already gets the .5 opacity from the .panel, so if you put it on both the h2 would actually have .5x.5 opacity.

That shouldn't affect how the code displays though. What web browser are you using?

Internet Explorer. And thanks I'll try that right away and see if it works.
Kanenthia
(All I want to do is change it from black to a different color, and I made a new one--same size and everything.)

I used this:

Thanks!

Oh yeah, this is a bit tricky. I think I'll add this to the premade code section too.

You can use this code:
#gaia_header #header_left img{width:0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px 47px 23px 0px; background: transparent url(newlogoimgurl) bottom no-repeat;}

Cyber Hunter
Kayley FC
Cyber Hunter

.panel
.panel h2

Didn't work. I can't figure it out. But will it work with all 4 of those opacity codes in there?
Kayley FC
Kanenthia

I used this:

Thanks!

Oh yeah, this is a bit tricky. I think I'll add this to the premade code section too.

You can use this code:
#gaia_header #header_left img{width:0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px 47px 23px 0px; background: transparent url(newlogoimgurl) bottom no-repeat;}

Thank you!

Also, I just noticed this:
I made a few drop-down menus, right above each other, and they only go as long as the top one.
[For example, say the top one ended up being 100px when hovered (50px when not hovered), and the others were supposed to be the same. But then the second one--say, also 50px when not hovered... would only be 50px instead of 100. If that makes sense. sweatdrop ]
They're all basically the same:

#id_custom_whatevernumber{width: 80px; height: 30px; z-index: ## [top 90, bottom menu 70]}
#sameID:hover{width: 80px; height: auto; z-index [same]}

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Because it was working before, and I didn't change anything that had to do with them.
gonk
Cyber Hunter
Cyber Hunter
Kayley FC
Cyber Hunter

.panel
.panel h2

Didn't work. I can't figure it out. But will it work with all 4 of those opacity codes in there?

Yes, the four codes are necessary because they control different web browsers. I.E. -moz-opacity works for Mozilla and -khtml-opacity is for Safari.

However, I have found a solution. Instead of putting the opacity codes on the panel, apply it to the columns like this:
#columns{opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -khtml-opacity: .5;}

I tested it with your profile and it worked.

I'm not sure why the other code suddenly stopped working, but I'll update the front page with this new one.

Kanenthia
Kayley FC
Kanenthia

I used this:

Thanks!

You can use this code:

Thank you!

Also, I just noticed this:
I made a few drop-down menus, right above each other, and they only go as long as the top one.
[For example, say the top one ended up being 100px when hovered (50px when not hovered), and the others were supposed to be the same. But then the second one--say, also 50px when not hovered... would only be 50px instead of 100. If that makes sense. sweatdrop ]
They're all basically the same:

#id_custom_whatevernumber{width: 80px; height: 30px; z-index: ## [top 90, bottom menu 70]}
#sameID:hover{width: 80px; height: auto; z-index [same]}

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Because it was working before, and I didn't change anything that had to do with them.
gonk

Could you put your profile on Public display while I help with this? It might help me to see exactly what codes you are using and what you are trying to accomplish. I'm good at breaking down code to figure out what might be causing problems, which is why I prefer being able to see profiles. 3nodding

Custom sections on v2 should be independent of one another, so I'm not sure why there would be a "first" dropdown since they all have the same values.

I'm having a horribly difficult with my stupid profile.
I got a V2 i guess its called from designspam y'know?
Well I tryed to add it and its not working.
My pro is on Current- and I copied the code. Now half my profile is black, and half of it was what it looked like before.
Can anyone please tell me how to work this darn thing?
Alright I'll add it in that way. And I'll be sure to come back if something else comes up. Thanks for all the help. I know you must be busy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff