Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Gaian

E R R O l2
I don't get it your saying "PEOPLE PURCHASING" and stuff like that when I never bought anything.
I watched the video as well.
I am currently fixing my profile to make it a WiX profile.
So I don't understand.
neutral

If you have a direct question about the guide or something in it, please direct all those questions towards my inbox.
Thanks
BLKHALO
E R R O l2
I don't get it your saying "PEOPLE PURCHASING" and stuff like that when I never bought anything.
So I don't understand.
neutral

If you have a direct question about the guide or something in it, please direct all those questions towards my inbox.
Thanks

I did.

Anxious Gaian

E R R O l2
BLKHALO
E R R O l2
So I don't understand.
neutral

Thanks

I did.

Accordig to the text messages on my phone, and the notice I had a little ago I should have not only have your PM but a few others. However upo checki gmy inbox.. I have NONE.
I am currently goig through and deleteing all open PM's and looking for them.
The comments left by people in my guide are all mixed up, so I figured maybe my inbox is to.
Give me a moment please.
BLKHALO
E R R O l2
BLKHALO
E R R O l2
So I don't understand.
neutral

Thanks

I did.

Accordig to the text messages on my phone, and the notice I had a little ago I should have not only have your PM but a few others. However upo checki gmy inbox.. I have NONE.
I am currently goig through and deleteing all open PM's and looking for them.
The comments left by people in my guide are all mixed up, so I figured maybe my inbox is to.
Give me a moment please.

Nevermind I figured it out already sorry for the trouble.
And thanks for all the help

whee
What about whenver you add media? Do you just do that on Gaia or on wix?
Nevermind I got it. Thanks

OG Member

nicely done.
Thank You xD
Finally Got it Now!

Quote Me For Faster Response :]
it didnt work for me Dx

Anxious Gaian

-I ShaNe I-
Thank You xD
Finally Got it Now!

Quote Me For Faster Response :]

Your most welcome, I am glad you got it.

My Delicious
nicely done.

Thank you much.

Anxious Gaian

iiShinobi Neji
it didnt work for me Dx

Shoot me a PM at any time and we can work together to get it working for you.
0c o

You should clarify that using this for selling purposes is completely illegal.
            You should also clarify that users have no way to remove the trademark on their serviced file.
            You should also clarify that bandwidth becomes an issue, if too many views are given to one particular file.

You should also clarify that wix is a cheap rip off to real flash files.
Let me start off by saying that Wix is a compacted and microwavable version of graphic design, web design, and flash all together. All might seem good when you open that package of heated hot pockets, and the same goes for when you first take a glimpse at the Wix interface, but both of these actions lead to a consequential disaster. (if you're stupid - fat/shitty design).

Wix's interface looks like it was designed by Fisher Price. It has a Club Penguin[/Neopet]-esque feel to the designing process.If you look at the buttons, there are less than thirty six primary functions - that aren't even ALL free. People [,on Gaia at least,] treat this site as a little freebie toy. It's not a toy. This site is primarily focused on allowing people to open shops for e-commerce. That is their obvious target, despite the many idiotic users using Wix's servers to store their poorly designed works. Fisher Price makes their products for simple minded children vis a vis Wix, who also targets simple minded users and consumers.

DISCUSSION: What's your opinion about wix? What are it's flaws? If you use it, why do you use it?

_____more discussion______

Wix lacks three very important symbols that flash has. The button, the movieclip, and the graphic. The button symbol is slightly provided for, except you cannot edit many properties of the object. You can add text to the button, but the text will be a simplistic font. (Did I mention, you have no ability to change the spacing or kerning of the text?)
  • Fact: Wix currently only provides 47 different fonts. I personally have over 2,000 fonts in my flash program.

Wix is trying to reinvent something that is rapidly dying. Wix wants to make an innovative system, in which users can basically mimic flash's ability. They're not doing such a great job. So whatever profiles/designs you're making for Gaia; will all eventually die. So when I see this business go bankrupt, the world will also see millions of users upset over their lost designs.
  • Fact: Wix does not share the raw AS/code with the users that they work with. So if there does come a day when there is a problem with your design, you're screwed - since you won't be able to find the error.

Wix has NO keyframes/frames. So your animation really depends on a shitty .gif file. Wix's animation = how many frames you can get to easily load into a .gif file, or how you can steal a .swf file from another site and use their animation.
  • Fact: Wix gives around 380 pre-made animations of images /factual break/that look like they're drawn by the producers of Dora.

Wix gives no option to turn off their own logo widget. It may seem perfectly fine until you explore the widget. If you were able to take your profile from your embed code, anyone could easily take it as well. Wix just tosses out your profile code willy nilly, unless - of course, you want to pay 210 dollars a year. 3nodding

More to be added.

Look at this s**t I got from an anon user:

Anon

I understand that it upsets multiple people, but you need to understand that some people dont have knowledge of cascading style sheets, of flash etc. and Wix is an alternative for those people without having to pay a bunch of gold to someone else to make one for them.

Uh, no. Wix is an alternative to people who are too damn lazy to learn about "cascading style sheets" (I love how he/she wrote that out to sound smart) and flash.

Why do you have a grudge against Wix.com..?

Popular Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
Because wix is the lazy way to get a profile. Just like any generator. And totally avoiding learning anything.
>_____>
in a nutshell.

User Image

Anxious Gaian

E R R O l2
0c o

You should clarify that using this for selling purposes is completely illegal.
            You should also clarify that users have no way to remove the trademark on their serviced file.
            You should also clarify that bandwidth becomes an issue, if too many views are given to one particular file.

You should also clarify that wix is a cheap rip off to real flash files.
Let me start off by saying that Wix is a compacted and microwavable version of graphic design, web design, and flash all together. All might seem good when you open that package of heated hot pockets, and the same goes for when you first take a glimpse at the Wix interface, but both of these actions lead to a consequential disaster. (if you're stupid - fat/shitty design).

Wix's interface looks like it was designed by Fisher Price. It has a Club Penguin[/Neopet]-esque feel to the designing process.If you look at the buttons, there are less than thirty six primary functions - that aren't even ALL free. People [,on Gaia at least,] treat this site as a little freebie toy. It's not a toy. This site is primarily focused on allowing people to open shops for e-commerce. That is their obvious target, despite the many idiotic users using Wix's servers to store their poorly designed works. Fisher Price makes their products for simple minded children vis a vis Wix, who also targets simple minded users and consumers.

DISCUSSION: What's your opinion about wix? What are it's flaws? If you use it, why do you use it?

_____more discussion______

Wix lacks three very important symbols that flash has. The button, the movieclip, and the graphic. The button symbol is slightly provided for, except you cannot edit many properties of the object. You can add text to the button, but the text will be a simplistic font. (Did I mention, you have no ability to change the spacing or kerning of the text?)
  • Fact: Wix currently only provides 47 different fonts. I personally have over 2,000 fonts in my flash program.

Wix is trying to reinvent something that is rapidly dying. Wix wants to make an innovative system, in which users can basically mimic flash's ability. They're not doing such a great job. So whatever profiles/designs you're making for Gaia; will all eventually die. So when I see this business go bankrupt, the world will also see millions of users upset over their lost designs.
  • Fact: Wix does not share the raw AS/code with the users that they work with. So if there does come a day when there is a problem with your design, you're screwed - since you won't be able to find the error.

Wix has NO keyframes/frames. So your animation really depends on a shitty .gif file. Wix's animation = how many frames you can get to easily load into a .gif file, or how you can steal a .swf file from another site and use their animation.
  • Fact: Wix gives around 380 pre-made animations of images /factual break/that look like they're drawn by the producers of Dora.

Wix gives no option to turn off their own logo widget. It may seem perfectly fine until you explore the widget. If you were able to take your profile from your embed code, anyone could easily take it as well. Wix just tosses out your profile code willy nilly, unless - of course, you want to pay 210 dollars a year. 3nodding

More to be added.

Look at this s**t I got from an anon user:

Anon

I understand that it upsets multiple people, but you need to understand that some people dont have knowledge of cascading style sheets, of flash etc. and Wix is an alternative for those people without having to pay a bunch of gold to someone else to make one for them.

Uh, no. Wix is an alternative to people who are too damn lazy to learn about "cascading style sheets" (I love how he/she wrote that out to sound smart) and flash.

Why do you have a grudge against Wix.com..?

I understand his intentions, But i have requested the admins to remove the post because the edit he made is trolling and i do not wish to have that language in my thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff