ooh, poll! 0.34124629080119 34.1% [ 345 ]
Total Votes:[ 1011 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 >

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Teh Kupcake Mawnster
What is meant by n-th-of-type? Perhaps you can help me?

My first custom section is showing up properly. However, my second is being added to my first, when it should be separate. Take a look at my profile and you'll see what I mean xD The part that says "Testing testing" should be at the top of the page as its own section.

I have this in my about me:

[list=1] [align=center][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/346x0z5.gif[/img][/align]
[/list]

[list=1] testing testing testing
[/list]

And this in the other:

#about ol {
position:absolute;
left:300px; top:885px;
height:100px; width:223px;
overflow:none;
overflow-y:none;
}

#about ol ol {
position:absolute;
left:50px; top:50px;
height:200px; width:200px;
overflow:hidden;
overflow-y:auto;
background: transparent url() no-repeat;
}

Help please? What am I doing wrong?

You're using '#about ol ol', the second ordered list is not a child of the first ordered list.
The 'nth' pseudo class selector is a bit complicated to explain. The 'nth-of-type(N)', where 'N' is the order number of the element you want to manipulate, lets you manipulate a certain element from a set of elements, hence the 'of-type'. In this case you have two ordered lists, so you can do '#about ol' and '#about ol:nth-of-type(2)'

Perfect Friend

26,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm not very good with custom sections and this is just what I needed!~
Thank you. :3

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Friendly bump.

Vicious Sex Symbol

12,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
So... Are you unable to use html/css for the custom sections? I mean... I know you size, put borders, place, etc.. but the
[list][/list]
goes in your about me. So are you forced to use bbcode? User Image For example, I want to insert an image into my custom section, and I want that image to have a "hover" option. Similar to how the "Add Me" etc... buttons change when you hover over them. Is this possible?
Good to see my guide isn't completely dead. I'm afraid to say that I've been working, a lot, since late December and haven't had any time for Gaia. Fortunately, I was able to make the guide update before hand and there are still some active Gaians who can assist those less experienced.
Happy coding!

-freaxy <3
freaxy
Good to see my guide isn't completely dead. I'm afraid to say that I've been working, a lot, since late December and haven't had any time for Gaia. Fortunately, I was able to make the guide update before hand and there are still some active Gaians who can assist those less experienced.
Happy coding!

-freaxy <3

smile

Skilled Genius

A Silhouette Dream
So... Are you unable to use html/css for the custom sections? I mean... I know you size, put borders, place, etc.. but the
[list][/list]
goes in your about me. So are you forced to use bbcode? User Image For example, I want to insert an image into my custom section, and I want that image to have a "hover" option. Similar to how the "Add Me" etc... buttons change when you hover over them. Is this possible?
Way late reply and I'm sure you have figured this out. But you can use CSS in profiles, but not HTML. You use the BBcode to generate HTML elements.

In other words WYSIWYG.

Friendly Cutie-Pie

I didn't understand this, but I really like to change my profile gonk please help me crying

Dapper Phantom

Miss Little Hannah
I didn't understand this, but I really like to change my profile gonk please help me crying

Help with what? How to code in general? o:
This guide is for the Classic profile version of "custom sections", and isn't really needed on Current profiles like yours.
If you want to learn how to code your profile, start with some of the basic guides and come back to this if you need to make "custom sections" on Classic profiles.
An ok V2 guide
A guide for CSS properties
More resources

Dapper Dabbler

This guide is still one of my faves.

Pumpkin

I sort of scanned through it sweatdrop
I would like to know if you can add a scroll bar to the Custom section 4laugh emotion_sweatdrop

Witty Punching Bag

Constantly came here when I was making my profile. Love it man~ x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas