Welcome to Gaia! ::

done

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
You don't want the circles at all? It's because you're using the border-radius property on your wishlist images. Border-radius basically in non-technical terms curves the corners of an element, from just a little curved to a full circle depending on the numbers used.

So, to keep the background on the wishlist items light blue but make the background squares instead of circles, you'd remove the border-radius property, leaving

#id_wishlist img {background: #eaefff;}

If you didn't want any special background on the items, so they were transparent like the rest of your panels, just remove the line involving the selector #id_wishlist img altogether, leaving

#id_wishlist {position:absolute; top:299px; left: 195px; width: 200px; height: 100px; overflow:hidden;}
#id_wishlist:hover {overflow-y:auto;}
Zzyli
You don't want the circles at all? It's because you're using the border-radius property on your wishlist images. Border-radius basically in non-technical terms curves the corners of an element, from just a little curved to a full circle depending on the numbers used.

So, to keep the background on the wishlist items light blue but make the background squares instead of circles, you'd remove the border-radius property, leaving

#id_wishlist img {background: #eaefff;}

If you didn't want any special background on the items, so they were transparent like the rest of your panels, just remove the line involving the selector #id_wishlist img altogether, leaving

#id_wishlist {position:absolute; top:299px; left: 195px; width: 200px; height: 100px; overflow:hidden;}
#id_wishlist:hover {overflow-y:auto;}

i don't mind the circles.
:[ just wondered why it kept showing circles with nothing inside them.
like it's now showing the item.
x.x

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
cinamorolI

i don't mind the circles.
:[ just wondered why it kept showing circles with nothing inside them.
like it's now showing the item.
x.x

Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question. redface

So, you're having circles with no content show up on your profile? It all seems fine to me at a glance, but I suppose I should make sure you've done all the basic troubleshooting stuff (have you tried refreshing the page, have you checked on another browser, have you got people to have a look on other computers etc, sorry if it's all stuff you've done, but it's worth checking).

I'm still not 100% I'm understanding what you're asking about now.

cinamorolI

what's the code to adjust the location of the media panel?

Re your other question, you just need to target the right selector. For the v2 profile you can usually just use the general .media_panel, but be aware that if you have more than one media element, this targets all of them, so you'll need to find the panel ID to style them individually.

So, you'd use something like
.media_panel{position: ____;}

There's a few different kinds of positioning, but you'd probably either want relative (shifts the element from where it naturally sits on the page, like left a little or right a little), absolute (positions the element where you want it on the screen outside of the regular page flow), or sometimes for media, fixed(the element stays put even when you scroll). I know that fixing Youtube bars to the bottom is pretty common. I've done it on my profile. This guide covers positioning (and a bunch of stuff) in a lot more detail.

If you wanted to put your media player in the top right of your page for instance, you could use
.media_panel{position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px;} (You can play with these numbers as you wish). If you're after something specific and not sure, feel free to ask more questions.
Zzyli

ah your right!
i checked on firefox.
the wishlist looks different. lol
; U;i guess it's just the browser. so it's whatever then >W <

ah thank you for the media panel <3333 emotion_hug

; U; do you know how to change the color of 'dates for recent visitors'. I want it to be black instead of blue.
& how to change the font size/style of the recent visitor.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
cinamorolI

ah your right!
i checked on firefox.
the wishlist looks different. lol
; U;i guess it's just the browser. so it's whatever then >W <

ah thank you for the media panel <3333 emotion_hug

; U; do you know how to change the color of 'dates for recent visitors'. I want it to be black instead of blue.
& how to change the font size/style of the recent visitor.

Well, again, you need to get the right selector (did you know that you can right click on any part of your profile and use 'inspect element' to find a selector?), and then you can change the font size, style and colours.

You can use the specific selector for your recent visitors which is

#id_footprints

or, you can use the more general

.panel

which will affect any panels you add to your profile. I'm not sure which you'd prefer to do. You may want any other panels to have the blue font or it may be dead code left from an old layout (general coding hint; it's always good to remove any old code from a profile when working on a new layout as it reduces the chances of things glitching or not working the way you want them to. I save old layout CSS in text documents, as they're tiny and I have a reference to anything I did in the past, but I can keep a clean slate each time I redesign, but if you're interested in coding, you'll figure out what works for you).

You can then use the font-size, font-family or font, and color properties to change the appearance of the text. So, if I wanted the font to be black, 12pt and Arial, I'd use code like

#id_footprints{font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: black;}

Font family basically supplies a series of back-ups in case the user doesn't have the particular font you specify. If you're curious, sans-serif fonts are the kinds which don't have the little liney bits at the ends of the letters (think Arial or Comic Sans, as opposed to serif fonts like Times New Roman which have the 'liney bits' ^ ^;). You can also specify colours via hex code, rgb or rgba values, but don't worry about this too much if it's too much information, words are fine for common colours.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
#id_wishlist img {border-radius:200px; background: #eaefff;}

change to

#id_wishlist img:not(.premium_sparkle) {border-radius:200px; background: #eaefff;}

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Fredy-san

change to

#id_wishlist img:not(.premium_sparkle) {border-radius:200px; background: #eaefff;}

Just as a general curiosity thing, has premium sparkle always screwed up profiles so much? I know that I've seen a bunch of people needing workarounds for it now around PD, but I've had it turned off pretty much since the feature came out, so it's not something I think about.

Is it a default troubleshooting thing that I should be asking people about? Should I be coding anti-sparkle into any layouts I do?

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Zzyli
Fredy-san

change to

Just as a general curiosity thing, has premium sparkle always screwed up profiles so much? I know that I've seen a bunch of people needing workarounds for it now around PD, but I've had it turned off pretty much since the feature came out, so it's not something I think about.

Is it a default troubleshooting thing that I should be asking people about? Should I be coding anti-sparkle into any layouts I do?
Screwed?? In basic, nope, never. But since it never gets updated, the code is not compatible in latest browser specs thus it screwed on new browsers. That is why peeps keep releasing patch for profiles and develops ways to fix the bugs.

To be noted, v2 Current Profile base is very old. That is another reason why profiles screwed so much on Chrome (missplaced sparkles, duplicated panels often happens on Chrome, can not move the things, etc etc etc)

You dont have to remove the sparkles if you feel you need one. Just set all the li tags inside the wishlist panel to position relative and give the premium sparkles top:0px; . That will fix the miss-placed sparkles immediately
Fredy-san

change to

;u; thankchuuus it worked!

Zzyli

;U; i like the panels but yeah.
thankyou for being a big help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items