Welcome to Gaia! ::

all of what you all are saying is confusing me. >___< i saw where one person hid their profile code but you can see the source code but not their profile code within it and i thought that was a good ideal and i wanted to know how they did it because that's a good way to prevent profile theft.

Lonely Noob

8,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Queen Shambala
all of what you all are saying is confusing me. >___< i saw where one person hid their profile code but you can see the source code but not their profile code within it and i thought that was a good ideal and i wanted to know how they did it because that's a good way to prevent profile theft.
I think unanimously we have come to the conclusion that it isn't possible to do what you are asking. The deal is that it isn't possible to hide the source code or anything that a browser can load. The most you can do is have a server side language (php for example) parse a file but the result will always be read by the browser. If it cannot be read by your browser it cannot be loaded and therefore cannot be seen. If this person's profile code was not in the source code, chances are it was either, a Flash based profile which uses ActionScript and the media panel and not C.S.S, it could have been that they put their C.S.S all into one line to attempt to obfuscate people's view of it or it could have been back in the time Gaia was swapping the C.S.S from Custom Themes to a linked stylesheet so you may have overlooked where the C.S.S was coming from. This was around the time that C.S.S between OldSchool and V2 profiles were overlapping each other. Other than those possibilities, maybe you just overlooked their C.S.S.

/thread guys.

Festive Cutie-Pie

Queen Shambala

It would be helpful if you posted a link to the user's profile. sweatdrop
Yeah... I guess it is a good thing to stay out of the line of fire between two web designers (whatever their skill level may be). >w<;

I guess it can just be summed up to this:
It is not possible (AT ALL) to hide a Gaia profile's CSS code.
But still, it would help if you showed us the link to the user's profile you're trying to explain to us.
Crystal Sparda
Queen Shambala

It would be helpful if you posted a link to the user's profile. sweatdrop
Yeah... I guess it is a good thing to stay out of the line of fire between two web designers (whatever their skill level may be). >w<;

I guess it can just be summed up to this:
It is not possible (AT ALL) to hide a Gaia profile's CSS code.
But still, it would help if you showed us the link to the user's profile you're trying to explain to us.

i kinda didn't wanna namedrop anyone because it might start an argument in this thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff