Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

P.s Is there a way to make my bg image fit and cover the whole screen for any resolution?Because mine is small on the height part and I can't see the bottom part and taller screens see a white line at the bottom.

Skilled Genius

Yeah, don't scale the background.
If your layout is dependent on the background (which it shouldn't be), don't scale it, unless you're using media queries to account for different screen resolutions to help make it look like it should for all screens.

However, I strongly discourage scaling backgrounds in general since the resolution / window size is an unknown variable.

Bunny

Knight Yoshi

So correct me if I got this wrong but I'm stuck with a wonky profile for bigger resolutions than mine, right?

Skilled Genius

Skogin
Knight Yoshi

So correct me if I got this wrong but I'm stuck with a wonky profile for bigger resolutions than mine, right?

No, you could make it work, but the effort it would take isn't worth it.
How your profile looks on a 2560x1440 resolution fullscreen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmpzxipfs6w19tk/Screenshot 2014-07-17 08.18.58.png

I'll also add you have a black logo on a black background. The navigation and any part thereof must be visible at all times.

Bunny

Knight Yoshi

Dx //dies.
THANK YOU so much for both the picture and answering my narbish questions.
I'll change the color of the header. I shall now look for a way to make the buttons stay in the right place.
Thanks again o3o

Skilled Genius

Skogin
Knight Yoshi

Dx //dies.
THANK YOU so much for both the picture and answering my narbish questions.
I'll change the color of the header. I shall now look for a way to make the buttons stay in the right place.
Thanks again o3o

Like I said, media queries.
Styles to apply while window size is smaller than 1024
@media (max-width: 1024px) {
body {
background-color: red;
}
}

Styles to apply while window size is larger than 800
@media (min-width: 800px) {
body {
background-color: blue;
}
}

Styles to apply while the window size is larger than 700, but smaller than 1280
@media (min-width : 700px) and (max-width : 1280px) {
body {
background-color: green;
}
}

Just apply the changes inside of media queries. You can also specify a max background size using media queries and then match the profile to it. Generally when I use media queries I keep the max size at 1200.

Bunny

Knight Yoshi

Maah . I'll try this, thank you Dx gotta clean my code I guess. To think I wanted to make a profile because it sounded fun .

Skilled Genius

Skogin
Knight Yoshi

Maah . I'll try this, thank you Dx gotta clean my code I guess. To think I wanted to make a profile because it sounded fun .

It can be, but it can also be a headache if you don't fully understand what you're doing. I'm a web developer, but I started out without knowing a damn thing and changing the styles of profiles here on Gaia, that was 6yrs ago. lol

Bunny

Knight Yoshi

Oh congratulations o3o learning all these stuff is a big achievement in my books.
I'll probably end rage quit working on this profile but I learned new stuff and that's always a plus.

Kindly Citizen

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
I'm not sure if you changed things around, but...

this is what your profile looks on my screen:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bunny

Melly Mel o3o

Yes I changed their placement a bit. Sowwey D: should have edited the first post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff