Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Warlord

So let's say I'm commissioning a profile for some, and they wanted a certain theme from a game or something, and I took the games logo and re-created it somehow (drew it, vectored it, etc) would this still be infringement of copyrights?
I would normally assume yes, but I've seen people vector logos as links, such as Facebook and Twitter and DA. Using copyrighted images tends to be okay when designing something for yourself, since you're not making any profit, but since this is a commission, would it still be against the rules?

Fashionable Fatcat

MeltingPoint
So let's say I'm commissioning a profile for some, and they wanted a certain theme from a game or something, and I took the games logo and re-created it somehow (drew it, vectored it, etc) would this still be infringement of copyrights?
I would normally assume yes, but I've seen people vector logos as links, such as Facebook and Twitter and DA. Using copyrighted images tends to be okay when designing something for yourself, since you're not making any profit, but since this is a commission, would it still be against the rules?

Well, according to this:
Quote:
You may NOT:
Use or offer to use images eg. anime, movie, game characters without permission from the copyright holder or the artist who drew them.
Use traced, copied or eyeballed images.

You MAY:
Use drawings including fanart you made yourself.
Use drawings, stocks etc for your own personal use or for others for free. You must not charge them anything in this case. Such shops would then belong in the Art Freebies sub-forum.
So I suppose that could fall under the category of fanart?

If you're using the actual image and not remaking it yourself (basically copy+paste+edit), then it would for sure be against the rules to charge for it in a profile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff