Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Star

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Contributor 150
Hi, hi, your ultra coding noob here again.

Just a few things:

I re-did the image, made a new one. Coded and done. I was hoping I could get some input on how it looks?

Also...

With adding in the "friends" section, I noticed that it kept making it to where the entire section would end up vertical rather than horizontal... What can I do to keep this from happening?

Annnnddd....

When making a scrollbar "hidden," does that mean that the scrollbar will still be there, just invisible, or does it take it away completely?

I don't speak code, so you're gonna have to be gentle with your words!

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
" I was hoping I could get some input on how it looks? "

It is messed up for me, oh well WIP anyway. But the layout picture looks good. Btw try resize your window screen on your profile page.

=====
" With adding in the "friends" section, I noticed that it kept making it to where the entire section would end up vertical rather than horizontal... What can I do to keep this from happening? "

Adjust the width and height. This is in your code, so edit it:
#friends {width: 200px; height: 475px}

=====
" When making a scrollbar "hidden," does that mean that the scrollbar will still be there, just invisible, or does it take it away completely? "

Yes the scrollbar is still there and it is not invisible, "Cropped" is the better word to describe it in regard with the way to "hidden" the scrollbar.

Tipsy Star

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Contributor 150
Fredy-san
" I was hoping I could get some input on how it looks? "

It is messed up for me, oh well WIP anyway. But the layout picture looks good

=====
" With adding in the "friends" section, I noticed that it kept making it to where the entire section would end up vertical rather than horizontal... What can I do to keep this from happening? "

Adjust the width and height. This is in your code, so edit it:
#friends {width: 200px; height: 475px}

=====
" When making a scrollbar "hidden," does that mean that the scrollbar will still be there, just invisible, or does it take it away completely? "

Yes the scrollbar is still there and it is not invisible, "Cropped" is the better word to describe it in regard to the way to "hidden" the scrollbar.

What is it doing for you? Are the sections all out of place, or? (It looks normal on mine, but I have a larger screen, which is why I'm asking.)

I have tried resizing the "friends" section, but it kept everything vertical and automatically threw in a scrollbar without a code. o.o;

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
NovenaRelic

What is it doing for you? Are the sections all out of place, or? (It looks normal on mine, but I have a larger screen, which is why I'm asking.)

I have tried resizing the "friends" section, but it kept everything vertical and automatically threw in a scrollbar without a code. o.o;

Well yeah, it happens since I have smaller screen.

So basically are you trying to make the friends section scrolls horizontally rather than vertically?

Tipsy Star

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Contributor 150
Fredy-san
NovenaRelic

Well yeah, it happens since I have smaller screen.

So basically are you trying to make the friends section scrolls horizontally rather than vertically?

Hmmm. I'll need to do research then to see how people can get things like this to look right on any size screen. x:

I was mostly wanting it to list horizontally, but scrolling is fine, I guess.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
By nature css, an element will always scrolls vertically unless the child width is bigger. Well the friend list follows the parent #friends .

So for example if you set #friendgroup which is the actual direct container of the friend list to have bigger width than its parent:

#friends {
height:350px;
width:550px;
overflow:auto;
}

#friendGroup {
width:1200px;
height:250px;
}

this will cause it to scrolls horizontally rather than vertical.

Tipsy Star

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Contributor 150
Fredy-san
By nature css, an element will always scrolls vertically unless the child width is bigger. Well the friend list follows the parent #friends .

So for example if you set #friendgroup which is the actual direct container of the friend list to have bigger width than its parent:

#friends {
height:350px;
width:550px;
overflow:auto;
}

#friendGroup {
width:1200px;
height:250px;
}

this will cause it to scrolls horizontally rather than vertical.

Oh, I see. Thank you!

Is this possible with the wishlist items, equipped items, etc., as well?

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
As long the parent container have another child container, then it is available for horizontal scrolling.

In your case, the #wishlist section have a child container which can be aimed using #wishlist .items

However, equipped items dont have child container thus it can not be made as horizontal scrollbar.
To be honest, the number of elements which could have horizontal scrollbar applied is even lesser than number of elements can be applied with hidden scrollbar.

Tipsy Star

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Contributor 150
Fredy-san
As long the parent container have another child container, then it is available for horizontal scrolling.

In your case, the #wishlist section have a child container which can be aimed using #wishlist .items

However, equipped items dont have child container thus it can not be made as horizontal scrollbar.
To be honest, the number of elements which could have horizontal scrollbar applied is even lesser than number of elements can be applied with hidden scrollbar.

@_@ so much stuff.

Okay. Well, thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas