Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it possible to make the youtube button to change opacities?
I have tried putting one in the coding to make it fade a little but it doesnt seem to work. I was just curious of if this was at all possible?

Saxy Coder

Yup, it's possible 3nodding
I believe you want "#multimedia object" instead of "#multimedia embed" for your selector name though...?

Youtube Mini Guide
& List of Classic Profile Selectors

Lady Saxophone

Yup, it's possible 3nodding
I believe you want "#multimedia object" instead of "#multimedia embed" for your selector name though...?

Youtube Mini Guide
& List of Classic Profile Selectors

Oooo thank you!
But I am totally doing something wrong. lol
It just won't work for some reason. crying

My code is this:

#multimedia { background: transparent; visibility:visible; Position:Absolute; left:592px; top:392px; height: 25px;width: 30px;}

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; filter: alpha(opacity=50) opacity: 0.3;}

Saxy Coder

Profile Bliss
Oooo thank you!

My code is this:

#multimedia { background: transparent; visibility:visible; Position:Absolute; left:592px; top:392px; height: 25px;width: 30px;}

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; filter: alpha(opacity=50) opacity: 0.3;}
x u x ;; You know what... I think I might have been wrong (not you)
I know it's possible for Current profiles (my current media is actually semi-transparent), but it seems that the rules for Classic's multimedia is slightly different...
(Sorry for the late reply, I was testing different things to see what would work)

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Profile Bliss

Oooo thank you!

My code is this:

You're sans a semicolon. That's why the opacity changes aren't working. I'm also not even sure if people need to use the filter: alpha(opacity=___) line any more. That's old code and I think the only situation you may need it is if you were working to support IE 8, and even though I run Windows XP on my computer (long, irrelevant story here), I don't even bother to support IE 8 on profiles and wantonly use CSS3. (correct me if I'm wrong on this anyone?)

Add the semicolon and you'll be fine. So, your code should look like

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; filter: alpha(opacity=50); opacity: 0.3;}

Or without the alpha, it would look like

#multimedia { background: transparent; visibility: visible; Position:Absolute; left:592px; top:392px; height: 25px;width: 30px;}

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; opacity: 0.3;}
Zzyli
Profile Bliss

Oooo thank you!

My code is this:

You're sans a semicolon. That's why the opacity changes aren't working. I'm also not even sure if people need to use the filter: alpha(opacity=___) line any more. That's old code and I think the only situation you may need it is if you were working to support IE 8, and even though I run Windows XP on my computer (long, irrelevant story here), I don't even bother to support IE 8 on profiles and wantonly use CSS3. (correct me if I'm wrong on this anyone?)

Add the semicolon and you'll be fine. So, your code should look like

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; filter: alpha(opacity=50); opacity: 0.3;}

Or without the alpha, it would look like

#multimedia { background: transparent; visibility: visible; Position:Absolute; left:592px; top:392px; height: 25px;width: 30px;}

#multimedia object, #multimedia embed { height: 25px;width: 30px; border-radius: 20px; opacity: 0.3;}

Oops! Darn semicolon! lol
But alas, it is still not working. crying

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
In classic profile?? No, you cant change the opacity of the multimedia section there due to a bug.

Gaia is at fault there because they don't set the wmode in the HTML for the flash object.

I once researched this problem a year ago and one of the answer which I accepted and tested is this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15161211/opacity-over-flash-doesnt-works

If I remember correctly, there also some other CSS properties which also does not work properly if wmode not set.

Considering the classic profile age, on 2003, setting the wmode increase the performance load which in terms of PC of that age is pretty significant, but as flash engine gets more updated of course the load is lighter and afterall today PC specs average is far better. However a different case for animated avatar since it is applied later on

If you check Youtube site, they also does not use wmode for the flash players used on the site to reduce performance load. If you want to est it out, use element inspector and just set the body to opacity of 0.1; . Pretty sure all that left over is only the flash. Except you have the HTML5 player option enabled on your YT account setting....
Fredy-san
In classic profile?? No, you cant change the opacity of the multimedia section there due to a bug.

Gaia is at fault there because they don't set the wmode in the HTML for the flash object.

I once researched this problem a year ago and one of the answer which I accepted and tested is this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15161211/opacity-over-flash-doesnt-works

If I remember correctly, there also some other CSS properties which also does not work properly if wmode not set.

Considering the classic profile age, on 2003, setting the wmode increase the performance load which in terms of PC of that age is pretty significant, but as flash engine gets more updated of course the load is lighter and afterall today PC specs average is far better. However a different case for animated avatar since it is applied later on

If you check Youtube site, they also does not use wmode for the flash players used on the site to reduce performance load. If you want to est it out, use element inspector and just set the body to opacity of 0.1; . Pretty sure all that left over is only the flash. Except you have the HTML5 player option enabled on your YT account setting....

I see. Thank you very much. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces