Welcome to Gaia! ::

*Working from my mule again.

I know I've seen a thread on here before that solved the problem, but I can't find it gonk

Anyway, it's quite simple; the background code that I'm using does not display the image as it used to and I don't know why. It just showed one of the default Gaia backgrounds. I put "none" into the theme url box hoping that it would work, but it turned the background white and it still won't be changed.

How do you get rid of this scream

Btw, the code I'm using is here:

html, body {background: url('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-osUTAZAKDUQ/UEF5_29R3tI/AAAAAAAAFh4/4i0AuXUDF7U/s1600/Pokemon+wallpaper+hd.png') top center no-repeat; width: 100%}

Hardworking Regular

The code itself looks fine...
It might be that the website you're hosting it off of no longer allows hot-linking?
Have you tried uploading the image to a different host (like photobucket or imgur) and linking it with that new url?
Spellcaster Sparkle
The code itself looks fine...
It might be that the website you're hosting it off of no longer allows hot-linking?
Have you tried uploading the image to a different host (like photobucket or imgur) and linking it with that new url?

I checked the image url and it works, and I also tried hosting it on another site; it still doesn't work. I have a strong suspicion that the url that you can manually insert to change the background image won't make itself go away, if that makes any sense.

Hardworking Regular

gothagrimgal
I checked the image url and it works, and I also tried hosting it on another site; it still doesn't work. I have a strong suspicion that the url that you can manually insert to change the background image won't make itself go away, if that makes any sense.
Perhaps eue;;
I tried using the image on my profile (both the original and the imgur) and it's working, so it seems to be an issue from your end.
Possibly try changing your default theme background...? And check your coding over to make sure there aren't any duplicate codes which might be conflicting with each other?
(like two different heights for .panel or something -- I briefly skimmed it)
Spellcaster Sparkle
Perhaps eue;;
I tried using the image on my profile (both the original and the imgur) and it's working, so it seems to be an issue from your end.
Possibly try changing your default theme background...? And check your coding over to make sure there aren't any duplicate codes which might be conflicting with each other?
(like two different heights for .panel or something -- I briefly skimmed it)

Erggh, I forgot to put a slash at the very beginning of the code T^T
This is quite mortifying redface
Thank you for bearing with me through this incident!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff