Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is your profile snazzy?

Yes! 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 6 ]
No :'( 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
I don't know how to snazz it up!!! :( 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
I don't want to snazz it up! >:O 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

Anyone mind helping me? I'm searching for a code to add music or a good flash video site with videos that actually work. I've been trying to add videos to the multimedia section, but they don't work. Oh, and leave comments on my profile please or at least visit it. thanks.
smile heart

Bloblike Blob

Just find the URL to a Flash video that you like, and copy/paste it into your Multimedia section. However, be sure to find the exact URL of the video, and not the web page that carries it - that's a super-common mistake. To find the URL, right-click the page that it's hosted on and scroll down on the menu that comes up to where it says "View Source" or something similar. Click on that. That will show you the coding for the webpage. Scroll down, and search for something that ends in .swf . Select that URL, and then copy/paste it. It can be kinda tricky to find it, though, so if you have any problems, I'll try my best to help.

Music is a lot easier to find then Flash videos, I think. Try here for a tutorial on how to turn a music file into a Flash file.
thanks sooo much heart
If you don't mind my adding to your question, what if you can't copy the link to a file because it needs some scripting afterwards?

I'm trying to put this code

<embed src="http://create.quizilla.com/flash/mystuff.swf"
FlashVars="syndicate_what=quiz&contentId=1473605&codepasteSize=sm&fontsize=med&theme=Quizilla&bkrdcolor=0xD8E9ED&bordercolor=0xFFFFFF&fontcolor=0x000000&linkcolor=0x0000FF"
quality="high" bgcolor="#D8E9ED" width="250" height="150"
align="middle" [removed]="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>

in to my profile to no avail. I can't make a copy of it either, it needs to stay on the server.
I have made a small webpage using the code here, but as was mentioned, you can't link a webpage to get the Flash file to play.

Any suggestions?
Thank you for your time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas