I MISS YOU!!!! COME BACK!!! 0.26882661996497 26.9% [ 307 ]
That'd be nice. 0.11208406304729 11.2% [ 128 ]
I like pancakes. 0.32049036777583 32.0% [ 366 ]
Whatever. Beech. 0.12434325744308 12.4% [ 142 ]
Total Votes:[ 1142 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30 > >>

1/28/11 9/13/11 12/1/2011APOLOGIES
Not really.

Anyone ever hear of having a life? neutral Yes, I have one of those. And....I AM BACK MOMENTARILY. I UPDATE WHENEVER. Way too lazy to actually delete stuff at this hour, I'm coming back in January. So hold yer horses. Everything'll be changed to sunshine yellow and pancakes probably (I miss real food as you can tell.)

Oh, and promote! go to this guide if you'd like to put up a grooveshark playlist instead! ----& User Image

Oh, and I go to COLLEGE now. Just sayin'. AND DO NOT PM ME. I cannot stress this enough neutral seriously. / on this note, I have finals coming up, for any of ya that care.

User Image
Note, this is the OP. As in Original Post. Or Postah. Whatever you prefer.

User Image

User Image

User Image
Because these lines are how you follow this guide. Dur. Makes it easier, doesn't it?
Also, the content tree overall is an IMAGE MAP, so click and -assuming you're on the browser Firefox- you'll be sent to that post!

The general idea of the guide (and knowing the ins and outs of adding music to your profile is as follows: For example, if you plan on adding an autoplaying youtube button to your profile, you'd follow this order:
OP > youtube.com post > INTO THE PROFILE! post > Autoplay, Hide & Delete > Resizing in General > FAQ > Endpost

Seem easy? Well, here's a few examples to follow through. The FAQ and Endpost are necessary profile-music adding wise, but it helps to get some questions cleared and the word out ;D
OP > playlist.com post > INTO THE PROFILE! post > Resizing in General > FAQ > Endpost
OP > mixpod.com post > INTO THE PROFILE! post > Autoplay, Hide & Delete > Resizing in General
OP > hypster.com post > INTO THE PROFILE! post > Resizing in General
OP > flashwidgetz.com post > INTO THE PROFILE! post
User Image

Old School / Classic Profile Adding
User Image
User Image
User Image

v2 /Current Adding
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Autoplay
Add this when editing the playlist to autoplay/shuffle/etc when on a playlist site.
For YOUTUBE in general however, add &autoplay=1 to the end of the youtube URL.

Hiding&Deleting
(When commonly referred, they're the same thing. Though deleting means to TOTALLY delete from the profile, no autoplay or any of that.)

This will depend. And there are a variety of ways. So I'll only list the easiest to use: positioning.
You will position the media table (in both OS and v2) away from the view. With these codes, added into the theme override.

Also, before doing this make sure your media's already autoplaying. Otherwise there's no actual point in doing this.
OS Code
#multimedia{position:absolute;top:-1000px;}
v2 Code
Note: Use this code only if you have ONE media pane up.
Otherwise replace .media_panel with the specific ID of the media pane.

.media_panel{position:absolute;top:-1000px;}
And if you're planning on changing the autoplaying media, you'll have to temporarily remove the code, put the new media URL in and place the code back. A little tedious, but less work than other methods, supposedly.

I NEED TO DELETE THE TEXT ABOVE MY MUSIC PLAYER!!!!
Ah, you mean the header of the music pane? That bit? Easy!
OS Code
#multimedia h2{display:none;}
v2 Code
Note: Use this code only if you have ONE media pane up.
Otherwise replace .media_panel with the specific ID of the media pane.

.media_panel h2{display:none;}
User Image
Ah, to resize, eh? Make it smaller or bigger, or have it be on the bottom of the page?
Essentially, it's merely this string of code below.
Overall it's this
embed, object{width:###px;height:###px;}
With some minor editations of course.

So...
How do we do it? Well... codes and an explanation would best explain.
OS Code
#multimedia embed, #multimedia object{width:###px;height:###px;}

Edit the ###'s as necessary, and paste into the theme override.
v2 Code
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{width:###px;height:###px;}

Edit the ###'s as necessary, and paste into the theme override. However, if you have more than one media and need to resize them all seperately, you'll have to replace the .media_panel part with the specific ID of each media pane instead.

Easy enough? Now, question is why embed and object are both necessary to edit the size of the media. Here goes:

embed is read by Firefox and IE; object is read by Safari and Chrome.
Put the two together in one line, and you've hit the resizing out of the ballpark.
DO NOT try setting these to a size of zero to "hide" the media. It may not be seen on your browser, but on a different type it may be (like Opera).
Nor should you ever try to use these to move the actual media around.
In that case, use ONLY use the beginning part (#multimedia for OS, .media_panel or the specific ID of the media pane for v2.)

Now, here's some COPYPASTA Codes for you! 8D
Mainly for the following: youtube and hypster (classic player only). All else, go nuts.

Youtube Button(s) and/or Bar[Image needed here]
[Creating Images for this part]
Youtube on the complete bottom of the profile[Image Link needed here]
Hypster Bars
User Image

1. Hey, excuse me but why did it take you so long to finally update this stupid guide? neutral
Let's see... something we call a real life. Friends. Family. Loved ones. Got any? Apparently you don't. neutral

2. IT'S SO CONFUSING TO READ! THERE'S TOO MANY WORDS!
Mind if I ask how? Because the instructions were literally typed with a 10 year old's help. A lot of help. And less reading than what was originally intended. Otherwise this would be the YELLOWPAGES. Yes, that phonebook.

3. I don't like you.
Okay.

4. What with the codes?
Initially, this was only supposed to be a guide on how to add media in to a profile. However, due to increasing demand on "hidden autoplaying music" and the like, we're at where the guide stands today: adding and doing stuffs to media in the profile in general.

5. Is it possible to add more than one media on a Classic/v1 profile by using the about me?
Tried and tested, youtube implementation can only be done with the media section part, not the BBC coding. Though it works in forums quite fine, can't be done on Classics. That and the forums don't use the customization bits of color and fun stuff anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff