Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

To make it more worth your time I will give whoever can show me how/do the coding for me, 600m~

I am trying to get this

example

as my profile background, with a few overlapping windows of my trade/message/comments/avatar/about me sections, how would I go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated.

I've been messing with the code, but it turns out how it currently looks on my profile. It seems putting it in .media_panel doesn't preview properly, and putting it in Body it doesn't show up at all.

Distinct Genius

Distinct Genius

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to do.

You want that picture as your background, with your "About" section over it?

Just transfer that file into .GIF format, save for the web, upload to a photo-hosting website. Go in V2 Profiles, Edit Profile and set it as your background.

Distinct Genius

Ao Haru Ride

Just transfer that file into .GIF format, save for the web, upload to a photo-hosting website. Go in V2 Profiles, Edit Profile and set it as your background.

I've seen people do similar things with .swf files, though.

It's 24 seconds long as a swf, most gif converters degrade the quality and give an FPS hit, and shorten it to under 10 seconds or so.

It should work the way I am doing it, it just doesn't want to. I think it is a coding error, perhaps.

I know I've had a swf as my profile background before. I just forgot how I did it.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Professor C Nucleofection
Ao Haru Ride

It's 24 seconds long as a swf, most gif converters degrade the quality and give an FPS hit, and shorten it to under 10 seconds or so.

It should work the way I am doing it, it just doesn't want to. I think it is a coding error, perhaps.

I know I've had a swf as my profile background before. I just forgot how I did it.

Get a media panel, set the media URl to the swf you needed, and set the object in there to position:fixed; with negative z-index:-1000; then set its width and height to 100%

Dont forget to set the html, body background to transparent

Example for v2 Current profile:

html, body {
background:none transparent;
}

.media_panel object {
position:fixed;
left:0px;
top:0px;
width:100%;
height:100%;
z-index:-1000;
}

By the way, if you have multiple media panel, you have to change the .media_panel selector into the unique ID selector or else the code will affect all of them.

Distinct Genius

Fredy-san
Ao Haru Ride

Get a media panel, set the media URl to the swf you needed, and set the object in there to position:fixed; with negative z-index:-1000; then set its width and height to 100%

html, body {
}

.media_panel object {
}

By the way, if you have multiple media panel, you have to change the .media_panel selector into the unique ID selector or else the code will affect all of them.

Hmm well that kind of worked, only with a youtube video. I didn't mess around with it much but it didn't seem like the video was playing. Is there an autoplay code to add to the script? -- The vid I am actually using, though, is just a direct flash file not hosted from youtube, seemed like it didn't display at all.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Fredy-san
Ao Haru Ride

html, body {
}

.media_panel object {
}

Hmm well that kind of worked, only with a youtube video. I didn't mess around with it much but it didn't seem like the video was playing. Is there an autoplay code to add to the script? -- The vid I am actually using, though, is just a direct flash file not hosted from youtube, seemed like it didn't display at all.

Well if you are using the link of your example, it wont work since that site does not offer direct linking.

Add: It seems the flash file also have taken down. Try check the link and you will be redirected to the site homepage instead.

Distinct Genius

Fredy-san
Fredy-san
Ao Haru Ride

html, body {
}

.media_panel object {
}

Well if you are using the link of your example, it wont work since that site does not offer direct linking.

Add: It seems the flash file also have taken down. Try check the link and you will be redirected to the site homepage instead.

Well here is the link for the file I was trying to put as the background: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1405908844
It seems pretty direct to me, just as much as youtube is at least. xp

I have an MP4 of the same file but I just don't really like the bars it adds for 'play' and buffering, etc.
Which is also the reason I'd rather not put it on youtube. but meh.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Well here is the link for the file I was trying to put as the background: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1405908844

I have an MP4 of the same file but I just don't really like the bars it adds for 'play' and buffering, etc.

Youtube is an embed page, so it is different case.

The direct flash file:
http://www.swfcabin.com/swf-files/1405908844.swf

Direct flash file usually indicated by " .swf " page format in the URL.

There is an easy way to identify whether the page is embed-able or not. When you visit a page which contains the flash file and press CTRL+U, if a source code window appear means that page is NOT embed-able in Gaia

Distinct Genius

Fredy-san

The direct flash file:

There is an easy way to identify whether the page is embed-able or not. When you visit a page which contains the flash file and press CTRL+U, if a source code window appear means that page is NOT embed-able in Gaia

derp. I should have figured that out. Still, it is peculiar how youtube has no file extension in the URL and yet it still recognizes it.

And that is a handy tip, I'll remember that one.

Hmm, how did you navigate the directory to find the direct link of it? I've always had trouble in that area, it's not quite apparent viewing the source page, nor using Inspector (comes with Firefox, I think, but you probably knew that)

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Fredy-san

The direct flash file:

derp. I should have figured that out. Still, it is peculiar how youtube has no file extension in the URL and yet it still recognizes it.

Hmm, how did you navigate the directory to find the direct link of it? I've always had trouble in that area, it's not quite apparent viewing the source page, nor using Inspector (comes with Firefox, I think, but you probably knew that)
By using that

I told you, Youtube used embed page technique. It is same technique like WIX profile back ago do.

Distinct Genius

Fredy-san
Fredy-san

The direct flash file:

By using that

I told you, Youtube used embed page technique. It is same technique like WIX profile back ago do.

Ah. I just don't know where to look I guess. A lot of links that take you deeper and whatnot, it's like a maze sometimes. D:

Anyhow, is there a way to put a background behind the flash? It seems to have a lot more height than width so it leaves two square white sections on the sides.

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
html, body {background:none transparent;
}

Just edit that part from your code, it is located in the first line. You should have know what to do

Distinct Genius

Fredy-san
html, body {background:none transparent;
}

Just edit that part from your code, it is located in the first line. You should have know what to do

That overlaps the media, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces