Welcome to Gaia! ::

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
More matches like Cena and Lesnar, tonight!

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
black_wing_angel
More matches like Cena and Lesnar, tonight!

Save the finish, right? I was entertained. Cena got BURIED. No doubt. Even though he won, he lost some cred, HAD TO HAVE.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Completely disagree. More matches like Punk/Jericho. More matches like Sheamus/DB. That last match was absolute bullshit.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sheamus was carried but still, a good match. I still like Cena getting his a** kicked. It was like making a 99 Create-a-Wrestler in an SVR game and going to town on an EASY difficulty Cena. rofl

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
kevin3485
Completely disagree. More matches like Punk/Jericho. More matches like Sheamus/DB. That last match was absolute bullshit.

It's matches like that, that built the Attitude Era.

Sheamus/DB an Punk/Jericho were good, yes. But Lesnar/Cena was BRUTAL! Had me on the edge of my seat (something that hasn't happened in quite some time), and completely marked out, suspended disbelief.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
kevin3485

Sheamus/DB an Punk/Jericho were good, yes. But Lesnar/Cena was BRUTAL! Had me on the edge of my seat (something that hasn't happened in quite some time), and completely marked out, suspended disbelief.

It was a terrible match! Yes, there was ********. Brock beat the s**t out of Cena for almost 20 minutes only to get hit one solid time and then have Cena do a finisher. THAT'S NOT A GOOD WRESTLING MATCH! That's ******** terrible. It makes Cena look like a weak piece of s**t, and Brock even worse for losing to the guy. The only good news is that hopefully Cena is going away for awhile so that credible stars can finally be ******** built now.

And we don't need another Attitude Era. The only real selling point to the AE were interesting storylines and the competition that was going on at the same time. If the "hardcore" s**t were really the selling point, they would have made the Hardcore belt bigger than the ******** company title! It wasn't, because it's not. Hell, this generation should be doing better than the AE just because the talent now is so much better than back then, at least athletically. Creatively, that's where we're getting shafted.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
kevin3485
black_wing_angel
kevin3485

It was a terrible match! Yes, there was ********. Brock beat the s**t out of Cena for almost 20 minutes only to get hit one solid time and then have Cena do a finisher. THAT'S NOT A GOOD WRESTLING MATCH! That's ******** terrible. It makes Cena look like a weak piece of s**t, and Brock even worse for losing to the guy. The only good news is that hopefully Cena is going away for awhile so that credible stars can finally be ******** built now.

Oh, I'm not fond of the finish, either. But the rest of the match was stellar! A complete 180 from the boring s**t we've been dealing with (so far as Cena matches go) for years. I can overlook the finish, in that respect.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
kevin3485
black_wing_angel
kevin3485

Oh, I'm not fond of the finish, either. But the rest of the match was stellar! A complete 180 from the boring s**t we've been dealing with (so far as Cena matches go) for years. I can overlook the finish, in that respect.

It's exactly like the terrible Cena matches we've come to expect. There is no difference except that Cena didn't put as much of a fight, making the finish that much more ridiculous. And like it or not, a finish can ruin an otherwise decent match (look at TNA)...but this wasn't a good match to begin with. Even if Brock had won, it'd be just another ******** squash match, in the long line of squash matches we've seen just this year, month, week alone!

Interesting Lunatic

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Jeff Hardy vs Sting, where it only lasted 10 seconds had a better finish.
The_Rising_JD
That's a bit of a stretch don't you think.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Capzaicin
The_Rising_JD

Not much of one...that match actually made some sense...
kevin3485
Capzaicin
The_Rising_JD

Wow, this is a sign of the Apocalypse.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin
The_Rising_JD

I'm not saying it was a great decision on TNA's part, but considering what they had to work with, it'd be better for both men to get it over quickly. So Sting just buried Hardy as fast as he could. This was beyond ******** ridiculous. Cena had TWO offensive maneuvers...both at the end of the match after he had the living ******** beaten out of him...and he wins? That's like if I curb stomped you repeatedly...but you won the fight when you tickled me...makes no sense.
kevin3485
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin
The_Rising_JD

I'm not saying it was a great decision on TNA's part, but considering what they had to work with, it'd be better for both men to get it over quickly. So Sting just buried Hardy as fast as he could. This was beyond ******** ridiculous. Cena had TWO offensive maneuvers...both at the end of the match after he had the living ******** beaten out of him...and he wins? That's like if I curb stomped you repeatedly...but you won the fight when you tickled me...makes no sense.
lol I see what you're saying and I completely agree I thought it was ******** ridiculous. Luckily the matches I really wanted to see delivered.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin
The_Rising_JD

lol I see what you're saying and I completely agree I thought it was ******** ridiculous. Luckily the matches I really wanted to see delivered.

That's true. While I didn't care for the finish to the DB/Sheamus match, it was definitely spectacular. It also shows the WWE that they let us down at WM. Punk and Jericho were phenomenal and stole the show. Two different matches with two different styles...both excellent at pushing the men involved. More of this, please!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff