I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Nah. Waaaaaaaaaaay too early, yet.

Clean Seeker

If Ryback gets a title shot then he had better lose. He is way too underdeveloped and it would be a shame to have to make Cm Punk carry the entire match between them both. Give him another year or two like they gave yours truly and he will be ready to go.
heel ziggler make your cosplay better man... your here to show the world that you're too damn good at this lol
HeelZiggler
If Ryback gets a title shot then he had better lose. He is way too underdeveloped and it would be a shame to have to make Cm Punk carry the entire match between them both. Give him another year or two like they gave yours truly and he will be ready to go.

are u stupid ryback would kill cm punk

Clean Seeker

most_wanted_mvp

Oh, look. A mark finally quoted me. Get lost til you learn what the term development means in this business.
Fans try too hard to be bookers - makes me wonder if they even enjoy watching anymore?

Anyway, Ryback is over. Fookin' camera shaking over on Raw! It's fun, it's fresh and it's new. He has been in development since tough enough with Al Snow in the mid 2000's FFS so it's not as if he is new - it's just a newish gimmick. Whatever, as long as it's fun I couldn't care how long the buns been in the oven anyway.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IanHHH
Fans try too hard to be bookers - makes me wonder if they even enjoy watching anymore?

Anyway, Ryback is over. Fookin' camera shaking over on Raw! It's fun, it's fresh and it's new. He has been in development since tough enough with Al Snow in the mid 2000's FFS so it's not as if he is new - it's just a newish gimmick. Whatever, as long as it's fun I couldn't care how long the buns been in the oven anyway.

That gimmick is not new. Granted, I'm sure most of the audience watching today never saw what Goldberg's meteoric rise in wrestling was like, so I'm sure that's why there are so many people rooting for him...but there are two problems with this gimmick, which was the same as Goldberg:

1. Eventually, he has to lose. Once he loses, and starts going into the routine of losing some and winning some, that's going to kill a lot of the buzz. Because, eventually, he's going to start getting treated as a regular competitor. Now, if the WWE is smart, they'll identify a good spot to make him lose, and then turn him heel or do something new with him before the crowd turns on him (which WCW didn't do in a timely manner with Goldberg).

2. His endurance is s**t. The matches are short for a reason...he can't work longer than ten minutes. So trying to get a solid 20 minute main event out of him is going to be next to impossible. When you start seeing more and more of his weaknesses in the ring, there's going to be less and less buzz about him.

And this isn't related to this topic, but I can't comment on it in that thread, but the Austin-Punk thing, while Austin isn't going to be cleared to wrestle by this Mania, there's nothing stopping him from being there and doing something to Punk so they can push the match for next year's Mania. And unlike Rock/Cena, you'll have a year long promo competition with the two best talkers to ever step foot in the ring and who understand how to keep things interesting.
Ryback is a new gimmick.

Does it share similarities to Goldberg - of course - but that's not the point. The point is he's not Skip Sheffield who's been around for years.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IanHHH
Ryback is a new gimmick.

Does it share similarities to Goldberg - of course - but that's not the point. The point is he's not Skip Sheffield who's been around for years.

He started doing the Ryback gimmick in 2008 in OVW. Debuted in FCW with the Ryback gimmick until November 2009. It is not a new gimmick...
By your logic did you know Kane has been around since 1990, because he was named on an episode of Superstars back then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUrtX8JnpI

Dude, nobody cares about what happened in dark matches, OVW etc. NOBODY.

As far as WWE and 99% of the fans are concerned its a new character. Fact.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IanHHH
By your logic did you know Kane has been around since 1990, because he was named on an episode of Superstars back then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUrtX8JnpI

Dude, nobody cares about what happened in dark matches, OVW etc. NOBODY.

As far as WWE and 99% of the fans are concerned its a new character. Fact.

...You argue that Kane has been around since 1990...by showing me a video of the Undertaker?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They did some retooling of the Undertaker's character between his in-ring debut in the WWF and his "debut" in the WWF, obviously...but that doesn't mean that the character that we all know as Kane was in the WWF in 1990 (and this is ignoring that Glenn Jacobs was in the WWF with different gimmicks since 1995). If you want a kayfabed explanation to explain away the Kane the Undertaker name (though it was never used again), it could have been in tribute to what he thought was his deceased brother.

New to the ignorant WWE fanbase does not make it new period. There is nothing new about Skip. He's been around forever, is using a tired gimmick (that has already failed numerous times), and has already debuted in the WWE before his current gimmick. Just because numerous people believe something, doesn't make it true (Salem Witch Trials, the Earth being flat, the Sun revolves around the Earth). THAT is a fact...
It was clearly sarcasm. I'll bring a sign next time.

Anyway (spoiler alert) wrestling is fake... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtzI-EHjgo This is the first time we saw "Ryback"

Nobody cares about dark matches etc, nobody cares about you going on about the earth being flat

Fact is, if you don't think this character is new, you need help.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IanHHH
It was clearly sarcasm. I'll bring a sign next time.

Anyway (spoiler alert) wrestling is fake... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtzI-EHjgo This is the first time we saw "Ryback"

Nobody cares about dark matches etc, nobody cares about you going on about the earth being flat

Fact is, if you don't think this character is new, you need help.

That wasn't sarcasm...That was you trying to make a snide point, to which you were still wrong about. Maybe you should stop trying to make signs, and spend a little time with a dictionary instead, sport.

And no....that was the first time YOU saw Ryback. New to YOU does not mean new to EVERYONE. By your logic, CM Punk and Chris Jericho were "new" gimmicks when they debuted in the WWE/F, even though they had been doing the same gimmicks in other companies.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to like Ryback's gimmick. But no matter how you ******** look at it, it is not a new gimmick. You're trying to argue this point, and you don't have a leg to stand on, squirt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff