Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Indy EXE
So I've searched through every known forum and website I know and I have to say Batista winning the RR is probably the most universally hated thing the WWE has ever done. Like I checked /wooooo/, Reddit's /SquaredCircle/, the forum I frequent, Twitter, Facebook. NO ONE LIKED THIS. Helll, Mick Foley even hated it (that or he's working us). Hell, the BBC even wrote an article about Daniel Bryan not getting into the Royal a Rumble

In regards to Foley, I think he was genuinely pissed. He dropped the f bomb...I don't think he'd drop it just for a work...Seriously though, his arguments were pretty on point, so I think it was legit.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Anyone want to take bets on how long Batista's current contract stays in place, given that his victory was so universally despised?

Also, take bets on how long before the WWE just gives Bryan a break, and gives him a genuine run as top-dog?

And the same for Reigns, since he was the single most cheered (actual) participant in the entire match, and even broke Kane's 12 year old record for eliminations.

Pretty sure they can't just plug their ears, after a backlash like this.

Odds of Batista's contract changing: Highly unlikely. Even if he was booed out of the building, his contract would stay in place. They'd probably just use him less (they'd still have to pay him what they owe him).

Odds of Bryan getting a break: .....After last night, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Odds of Reigns getting a big push: Strong. Like I've been saying, if the feeling is that he's too new to be giving that kind of spot to at Mania, I'd agree. He hasn't been tested as much. His time will come...it's just not now. Though I think there were very few guys who were in the Rumble that the fans wouldn't have cheered for over Batista...not to take anything away from Reigns, though.
black_wing_angel
Capzaicin
I happened to catch the PPV even though I haven't watched wrestling in quite some time and all I have to say is that I'm disgusted that they would ask 60 dollars for this colossal s**t fest they call "Entertainment". The fans deserve better.

Um...I pay $45. I don't know where you're getting $60...
I thought that's how much they've been charging for this crap, my bad.
A lot of people are going to disagree with me here, I'm all for Batista winning the rumble. I mean, we all knew It was going to happen and days before they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in the rumble, so everyone basically just got their hopes up. You guys thought Batista would come for a RAW episode and leave? now, onto the RR match:

IT SUCCKKKKED.....until the final 6.

Easily the worst RR ever

C'mon WWE? El Torito, JBL, Kevin Nash? Really?

Those spots could've easily been Zack Ryder, Booker, and Jackie.

I think they gave Rey the #30 spot because he's never been booed before. Well, until last night and ONS 2006 but that doesn't count.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Odds of Bryan getting a break: .....After last night, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

See, that I disagree on.

Yes, he lost that match, but damn if it wasn't a great match. Easily the best match after the Rumble.

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
I wouldn't mind seeing Batista/Orton, if neither had the title...

Orton should grow a beard and join the Wyatts...

Wait a second... First, the Shield helps OrtonPunk in PPVs, now the Wyatts help Orton? Are they all connected?

I guess I'm okay with Reigns push. Neutral on New Age Outlaws, unless it is for Rhodes/Golddust feud and as placeholder for quick tag title change.

But the way they are using DBry is appalling. Next thing you know he won't even make it on PPVs.
Anyone else notice no diva matches?

Let's see. Losers at RR: DBry, Cena, Punk. Does this mean all face wins at next PPV?

Loyal Elder

Tay Lorien
I wouldn't mind seeing Batista/Orton, if neither had the title...

Orton should grow a beard and join the Wyatts...

Wait a second... First, the Shield helps Orton in PPVs, now the Wyatts do? Are they all connected?

I guess I'm okay with Reigns push. Neutral on New Age Outlaws, unless it is for Rhodes/Golddust feud and as placeholder for quick tag title change.

But the way they are using DBry is appalling. Next thing you know he won't even make it on PPVs.
Anyone else notice no diva matches?

Let's see. Losers at RR: DBry, Cena, Punk. Does this mean all face wins at next PPV?

I would be surprised if that was an accident, but if it was an accident I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to capitalize on that obvious story.

When a crowd chants "boring" at a PPV, much less a main event, you should realize you're doing something wrong. God help them they were chanting "We want Divas!" And the WWE seems to have absolutely no clue why they're losing viewers and PPVs buys.

I have never in my life watching the WWE seem so much negativity toward the card of a PPV.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin

See, that I disagree on.

Yes, he lost that match, but damn if it wasn't a great match. Easily the best match after the Rumble.

Again, yes, it was a good match...but one that he lost clean to a guy who is much further down on the card than he is and that had no real reason to it (cause it's not like anyone needs much of a push to say that they want to go after Cena...which is the only "reason" why he won). Honestly, it does look like a bit of a punishment on Bryan for daring to get over when the WWE doesn't want him to...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
ii Jamie Kym
A lot of people are going to disagree with me here, I'm all for Batista winning the rumble. I mean, we all knew It was going to happen and days before they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in the rumble, so everyone basically just got their hopes up. You guys thought Batista would come for a RAW episode and leave? now, onto the RR match:

Easily the worst RR ever

I think they gave Rey the #30 spot because he's never been booed before. Well, until last night and ONS 2006 but that doesn't count.

I'll disagree. Batista isn't that big of a star that he can leave for four years and come back and expect himself to be a big draw. He wasn't that big of a draw when he was with the company. And since he left, he has definitely lost a bunch of steps in the ring. Should he have left after one episode? Of course not. He's definitely able to be a promoter for the company by doing movies and wrestling...but he's not a main event act anymore. And he's definitely not a WM headliner...especially not when he's jumping over everyone else in the company, which is the WWE pretty much admitting that they can't make new stars. And judging from all the reactions his won got, it doesn't seem like I'm the only one who doesn't buy him as a WM headliner.

Also, the only person they could have put in the number 30 spot who wouldn't have been booed was Daniel Bryan. Rey got put in an unfortunate situation, cause he was never going to be able to salvage that.
Rumblestiltskin
ii Jamie Kym

Easily the worst RR ever

I'll disagree. Batista isn't that big of a star that he can leave for four years and come back and expect himself to be a big draw. He wasn't that big of a draw when he was with the company. And since he left, he has definitely lost a bunch of steps in the ring. Should he have left after one episode? Of course not. He's definitely able to be a promoter for the company by doing movies and wrestling...but he's not a main event act anymore.
Also, the only person they could have put in the number 30 spot who wouldn't have been booed was Daniel Bryan. Rey got put in an unfortunate situation, cause he was never going to be able to salvage that.

I have to strongly. Unless you didn't see the reaction that Batista got last week on RaW, then you would know that Batista is still a Main Event Draw. When I think of the main eventers in the past ten years, Batista is in the top 10. The only reason why he got that reaction was because of the fact that the funs were butthurt about Daniel Bryan not being ithe RR Match and c'mon, if Reigns only eliminated 4 people and made it to the end, I know a lot of fans would've definitely changed their minds.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
ii Jamie Kym
Rumblestiltskin
ii Jamie Kym

Easily the worst RR ever

I'll disagree. Batista isn't that big of a star that he can leave for four years and come back and expect himself to be a big draw. He wasn't that big of a draw when he was with the company. And since he left, he has definitely lost a bunch of steps in the ring. Should he have left after one episode? Of course not. He's definitely able to be a promoter for the company by doing movies and wrestling...but he's not a main event act anymore.

I have to strongly. Unless you didn't see the reaction that Batista got last week on RaW, then you would know that Batista is still a Main Event Draw. When I think of the main eventers in the past ten years, Batista is in the top 10. The only reason why he got that reaction was because of the fact that the funs were butthurt about Daniel Bryan not being ithe RR Match and c'mon, if Reigns only eliminated 4 people and made it to the end, I know a lot of fans would've definitely changed their minds.

You missed a word there at the beginning, but judging from the context, I'm guessing that you disagree. Thing is, 1 slightly big pop doesn't make someone a main event draw, especially when that pop is mostly for nostalgia. And that pop is completely overshadowed by the heat he got at the show (and after the show). And if Reigns had only thrown out four people, the fans still would have cheered Reigns over Batista...because while yes, they were pissed about D-Bry getting snubbed, the fans made it clear that pretty much anyone would have been better than Batista.

And as far as Batista being a main eventer...sure, over the years, you could put him in the top 10...probably at number 10. But I said he wasn't "main event caliber." The fact that he's in the main event, while not being that big of a draw just shows how little the WWE has done to promote anyone that isn't Cena or Orton in the past ten years.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin

See, that I disagree on.

Again, yes, it was a good match...but one that he lost clean to a guy who is much further down on the card than he is and that had no real reason to it (cause it's not like anyone needs much of a push to say that they want to go after Cena...which is the only "reason" why he won). Honestly, it does look like a bit of a punishment on Bryan for daring to get over when the WWE doesn't want him to...

I would agree, if it were anyone other than Bray. Sandow would be a step down, even.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
ii Jamie Kym
A lot of people are going to disagree with me here, I'm all for Batista winning the rumble. I mean, we all knew It was going to happen and days before they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in the rumble, so everyone basically just got their hopes up.

Nobody expected him to be in it. We're pissed that he wasn't.

Quote:
You guys thought Batista would come for a RAW episode and leave?

No. His contract could see him have a lot of air-time. But making the Royal Rumble THAT predictable is just....no.

Quote:
now, onto the RR match:

Easily the worst RR ever

I was actually happy to see Nash. I like them having "legend" entrants, each year. And it was kinda cool seeing Torito take on the bigger guys. Better than when Hornswoggle did it...

No they couldn't have been....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces