Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Lunatic

27,365 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
Hopefully this week will be better than last.

Pre Show discussion:

Favorite (if any) match of last week?

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Its already better! We got the Highlight Reel! And Trips and Co are coming out? What's this about? eek

Original Lunatic

27,365 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
Kaiser Khorosho
Its already better! We got the Highlight Reel! And Trips and Co are coming out? What's this about? eek
No Hogan to begin the show? 5x better!

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

Speaking of Hogan, have you heard about how he's trying to push to have one more match? (note: for the record, I'm still not watching, but I figure I should try to join in on some discussions)

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

Speaking of Hogan, have you heard about how he's trying to push to have one more match? (note: for the record, I'm still not watching, but I figure I should try to join in on some discussions)

Aww, c'mon, Jericho is having banter with the Corporation...NVM, Cena came out. So we got Cena, Y2J, Orton, Kane, Trips, and Rollins in the ring. Wow...I smell a tag match this evening.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

Aww, c'mon, Jericho is having banter with the Corporation...NVM, Cena came out. So we got Cena, Y2J, Orton, Kane, Trips, and Rollins in the ring. Wow...I smell a tag match this evening.

Not until they punish Barbierri for being a racist c**t.

Original Lunatic

27,365 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

Why... Just... Why? What match could he possibly carry these days?

(understandable, haven't heard anything about the Del Rio fiasco. At least, not in terms of a certain jerk getting the boot)

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Hybird
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

Why... Just... Why? What match could he possibly carry these days?

(understandable, haven't heard anything about the Del Rio fiasco. At least, not in terms of a certain jerk getting the boot)

The good news is that he'll never be cleared. His surgery involved putting delicate equipment into his back, so he can never take a bump...not that he would anyway, but through all his surgeries and his age, the only thing he might be able to do is throw a punch...and that's it. But either way he's been posturing for a match with Cena...so imagine how awful that would be with a Hogan at his prime.

Widower

Benevolent Gatekeeper

Leaps an bounds better than last week, but holy hell do not slap Sheamus an Ziggler together just cause their go to guy, Del Rio, was unjustly fired. emotion_facepalm

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird
Kaiser Khorosho

I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure ADR would have filed for wrongful termination by now if he was going to. And this isn't the worst thing they've done in their decades of existence. Enjoy the show but still hate the company. The wrestler's didn't do it, so watch them, and stick it to WWE by watching their PPV's on a stream and cost the company money. smile

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Hybird

I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure ADR would have filed for wrongful termination by now if he was going to.

He is. He originally wasn't going to, because he realized he was in the wrong for slapping the guy, however, once he found out that the decision to fire him was because Barbierri threatened to sue the WWE, he's decided to lawyer up.

Quote:
And this isn't the worst thing they've done in their decades of existence.

Sure...killing Owen and protecting Snuka when he killed his girlfriend are probably the worst they've done.

Quote:
Enjoy the show but still hate the company. The wrestler's didn't do it, so watch them, and stick it to WWE by watching their PPV's on a stream and cost the company money. smile

No. I am not going to support them period. And I understand that the wrestlers weren't involved...however, this was a company decision, and I am choosing not to support the company, in any way, shape, or form...including streaming any of their shows.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin

I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure ADR would have filed for wrongful termination by now if he was going to.

He is. He originally wasn't going to, because he realized he was in the wrong for slapping the guy, however, once he found out that the decision to fire him was because Barbierri threatened to sue the WWE, he's decided to lawyer up.

Quote:
And this isn't the worst thing they've done in their decades of existence.

Sure...killing Owen and protecting Snuka when he killed his girlfriend are probably the worst they've done.

Quote:
Enjoy the show but still hate the company. The wrestler's didn't do it, so watch them, and stick it to WWE by watching their PPV's on a stream and cost the company money. smile

No. I am not going to support them period. And I understand that the wrestlers weren't involved...however, this was a company decision, and I am choosing not to support the company, in any way, shape, or form...including streaming any of their shows.

It sounded like a Stephanie decision in the other thread...I'm sure there are those in the company, namely most of the talent, unless they just didn't like ADR, that don't like the decision, but the fact that ADR hasn't sued make me think he REALLY hurt the other guy and wouldn't have much of a case. Not excusing the guy's actions, but you can't assault someone for a verbal transgression. Bad on both parties but ADR should have gone about it differently. He deserved to be fired for attacking a coworker. The other guy did too, at the very least get fined or sensitivity training or some s**t. Maybe Dr. Shelby?

On a side note...someone's got a REALLY good cosplay of Macho Man in the front row. Nice purple sequin robe and big hair and shades.

Widower

Benevolent Gatekeeper

Instant cheap heat, beat Ziggler. The Savage/Hogan cosplayers are ridiculous, good ridiculous. The Bella thing is sooooo ******** annoying, I wish they both died in the womb. Oh, an the 9.99 sign, GENIUS!
So was the first match of the night Sheamus and Ziggler's tag match? If so, I havent missed anything but the Highlight Reel.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kaiser Khorosho
It sounded like a Stephanie decision in the other thread

It was a Vince decision...however, the fact that Stephanie thinks the guy is important to the company compounded with the fact that they're currently in a lawsuit with another former employee who was physically attacked (though...that one was WWE's fault) and the fact that Barbierri basically threatened the company...that's what's led to him not being punished.

Quote:
...I'm sure there are those in the company, namely most of the talent, unless they just didn't like ADR, that don't like the decision, but the fact that ADR hasn't sued make me think he REALLY hurt the other guy and wouldn't have much of a case.

It was a slap...nothing more to it. Barbierri wasn't threatening to sue because he had to be hospitalized or because he had any injuries...he was going to sue cause he was embarrassed...a grown man slapped him for being a racist piece of s**t...that's it.

Quote:
Not excusing the guy's actions, but you can't assault someone for a verbal transgression. Bad on both parties but ADR should have gone about it differently. He deserved to be fired for attacking a coworker. The other guy did too, at the very least get fined or sensitivity training or some s**t. Maybe Dr. Shelby?

I've never said that ADR shouldn't be punished. Even he understood that he was in the wrong. However, Barbierri needs to be punished as well...and until that happens, I refuse to support the WWE in any way, shape, or form.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff