Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Big E v Bad News Barrett.

Obviously, the fans are on the side of the guy who is getting the push. Barrett has been over for the past couple of weeks and no one really likes Big E because of his "lack of charisma".
I think its just that Sheldon Benjamin syndrome.

The spear into the ring post from Big E was a nice touch. The switch suplex was a nice sequence as well. AMAZING spear through the ropes though. Great reversal of the Bull Hammer. Excellent power vs power match. Really should have went to Big E after the reversal sequence but Barrett had to win. I must say that the Bull Hammer should really be something that doesnt have a windup like Test's Big Boot and JBL's Clothesline from Hell. Two excellent examples of what the Bull Hammer could REALLY look like even against someone as powerful as Big E.

I, also, was weirded out that no one in the crowd had any respect for Big E. I dont get it. I think its because of all that time spent with AJ Lee and CM Punk and basically being a bodyguard and not someone who has a big storyline stake in anything. I guess he is just going to be floating around (like any other black athlete in the WWE). He needs to turn into a smarter and more ruthless heel. He needs to play more mind games to really have people catch on to him but... I think that this is just where Big E is going to naturally be. Just another '15x as athletic as the main guys" midcard guy.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Not exactly.

Yes....exactly. You have two outcomes: He comes back, or he doesn't come back. Just as there are factors that still way into which way a coin will come up (i.e. wind speed, strength of the flip, what side the coin was on initially), there are still only TWO outcomes, and only ONE of those outcomes will be correct. It is, legitimately, 50/50.

Quote:
See, that's like claiming that a horse race is exactly 50/50. Either your horse wins, or it doesn't. But in reality, you have to factor in a lot of variables, such as top speed and endurance, to determine what's ACTUALLY more likely to happen. And in Punk's case, it's extremely likely that he'll be back, after some time to cool off of whatever the hell has happened to him.

It is not "extremely likely that he'll be back"...by that same argument, it's extremely likely that he'll go back to TNA...cause why not? Guys have gone back there after leaving. He's got beef with them that he could "cool off." All the arguments you're making for him going back to WWE can easily be reapplied to TNA...That's how you should know that they aren't good arguments....

Quote:
Deny it all you want, the odds are still in my favor.

50/50 odds are in no one's favor...And even if you guess right, you aren't basing it on anything other than a guess.

Quote:
Wouldn't bet on it. Either way, my point here is that there's that video of him taking an MMA training exercise. People have deduced that he quit to go MMA. And that would just be idiotic on him. Also noting a trend of people pushed to the top in WWE, jumping ship to go MMA. I guess they just forget that it's easier to win a fight, when you're TOLD you will.

That would be idiotic, but I doubt that's what his plan is. Plus, that video of him training I'm fairly certain was on his DVD...he does that in his spare time to help stay in shape because he enjoys it. So I think people are reading way too much into it.

Quote:
Money goes quicker than you think, when there's no deposits to balance out the withdrawals.

I've got some money saved back for possible "hard times", myself. But I readily acknowledge that it won't go very far, even with reasonable, moderate spending.

He's still making money from the WWE. Only reason he's not out doing other work right now is because he legally can't cause he's still under contract, but even then, like I've pointed out, he still makes his merch portion of his contract at least, and he's the second highest seller in the company, so it's a pretty big portion (it was reported as being easily a million dollars).

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
In the club, high off purp, with my Js on! Shout out to Bautisa's shoes! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Evolution v Shield.

This match is the one that I, personally, was the most excited for coming in.

Orton is just THE MOST underrated superstar in the business. I love his style of wrestling. He is like a more vicious Triple H. Literally taking his opponents apart, limb from limb. Doing a great job of being a cerebral wrestler.

Excellent sequence from Dean Ambrose. Especially the recovery from the mid rope into the clothesline to Orton.

I dont understand why everybody is like BOOtista but whatever. I guess I missed him shoot the President in the face or something. Its lame to me. And yes, Bautista can wrestle. I used to watch this back in the early 90s and there were PLENTY of guys who wrestled worse than Bautista.

Excellent sequence from Roman Reigns as well. The duck under the Triple H clothesline transitioning into attacking resting, thought-I-was-safe-laying-here-on-the-ropes Bautista. Loved it. Then the now CLASSIC Seth Rollins knee into the triple powerbomb! ERRRRG!!! (notice how this happens to Bautista because no one likes him). The Shield is just, hands down, the greatest tag team I have ever seen in the ring.

That Seth Rollins miss. Mmmm...

Dean Ambrose running on both announce tables... Mmmmm...

Also, here is a lesson in suspension of disbelief. I dont think anyone is going to complain that Roman Reigns and Bautista werent counted out for laying on the mat for like 5 mins while everyone else was causing chaos in the stands. That was MORE brilliance. Seth Rollins from out of the stands splash!!! The fans were going NUTS during that sequence. NUTS! So many "Holy s**t" chants. SO MANY!

Ending was just like... well... i mean... why not just let this end. This could go on all night.

Overall, 5 Stars! burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Bray Wyatt v John Cena.

*sighs*

"Are these people really brainwashed by Bray Wyatt?" - Jerry Lawler

Look yall, Im sick of seeing Cena haters. Have they actually watched Hulk Hogan's career? If so, they know that Hulk Hogan barely used more than 6 or 7 wrestling moves per match. Remember Stone Cold Steve Austin? No more than 6 or 7 moves and most of them was just him striking his opponents repeatedly. There are sooooo many Cena haters for reasons that are just unbeknowst to me at this point.

This whole storyline is a direct response, more so than any other, to the Cena haters. Think about it like this. Wyatt is an obvious sinister heel. Obvious. Even with all of the creepy s**t he does, somehow, he is being cheered. But it truly is because he is going against Cena and the WWE is begging to expose the Cena haters/smarks. Ugh @ smarks. Its gonna be hilarious when Bray stops fighting Cena and, you know, fights against someone like Daniel Bryan because all of his "followers" are gonna unfollow him like a bad Twitter profile.

Anyways, regardless of my disclaimer, John Cena trying to escape is... DUMB! Very... Dumb! All he has to do is something that he is more than capable of and that is beat Wyatt via pinfall. Thats all that needs to happen.

HOWEVER, in order for this match to seem more like its stacked against Cena, this makes all the sense in the world and is really the only reason why Wyatt wins in the first place.

Dont get me wrong, I really love Bray's in ring style and he is very "in tune" with the WWE universe but he doesnt really deserve to get the overall best of someone like Cena. Just doesnt really make that much sense. He has a lot more villain left to go before I give him that.

That ending was great if you realize that "all Cena fans are little kids."

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Paige v Tamina

I gotta say, Paige got moves like Jagger. heart heart heart

Also, strike three from WWE Universe. 2 mins in after seeing a nice display of athleticism (A WOMAN) screams "This is boring." No class. Just like the Cena hate, just like the cheers for Bad News Barrett (who just told everyone that MERS is coming to kill them), there really isnt a true basis for this kind of reaction from the audience.

Obviously, this is a womens match between two ladies who are literally half the size of all the regular talent so there wont be any Cesaro like displays of strength. There wont be any fighting in the stands like the Evolution v Shield match. There wont be any cage droppin down from the ceiling. So, why is it that everyone is like *yawn* when women wrestle?

Simple. They have no respect for this. The WWE should just abandon the womens division and let all the "girls" be ringside talent like Lana and just stand there and look pretty. neutral

I dont have any problems with watching women wrestle. None. I have seen it since its heyday when Trish Stratus was "wrestling". It has come a long way since and there is waaaaaaay more talent from the Womens division which, btw, has only one championship as compared to the 5 belts available to the mens division. Let all of this sink in when you watch women wrestle again.

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Finally the Daniel Bryan v Kane match.

It was good. Not great. Being from the attitude era, im just used to a lot more gore and violence than is allowed these days but they did a good job otherwise in that aspect.

Kane did a good job of being a horror movie character. DB did his best to well... fight back against him, using the fiery table against Kane. Not much I can say about this match. Nothing really excited me for some reason but I guess its because off all the previous action diluting everything.

Still a good match though.

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Overall, it was a great show. Lots of action. Way too much to put into one post so I spread it out.
I was very satisfied by the production as a whole. Not much else I can say but CM Punk who?

Every show since he left has been just as good, if not better than when he was active so I dont miss him. He has done everything I can really see him doing anyway. Not much reason for him to comeback except for... you know... the FANS!!!

Seriously, guys and gals, let CM Punk rest. If he comes back fine, but its whatever until then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff