Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I would like to hear everyone's opinions, as well as their thoughts on mine.

The show held such promise. The pre-show was actually good, there were good matches early and mid-card, Cesaro got some of the props he completely deserves, and then we reach Taker/Lesnar.

The match was slow, the psychology wasn't there (a rarity for Taker matches), and the finish got ZERO VOCAL REACTION. You could have dropped a pin at the building's entrance and heard it in the arena. And did anyone else notice that the finish was a near-perfect recreation of the finish for the Taker/Lesnar Hell in a Cell match around a decade ago?

The Divas match was actually better than Taker/Lesnar, which should NEVER happen. At least one of the very few women in WWE who actually has some talent is still holding the belt.

The main event more than delivered on every promise it held. The psychology was almost flawless, there were several fantastic high points (one of which managed to uphold the age-old tradition of destroying the Spanish Announce Table, and in spectacular fashion), and we got, as Michael Cole called in the aftermath, "A Miracle on Bourbon Street".

I cannot wait to see how the Authority reacts on Raw. I also have noted that there is some speculation that Lesnar went off-script and stole the win. While I do not believe that is what happened (I'm pretty sure he isn't that stupid), if that is what happened, we will never see Brock Lesnar in WWE again, except in archived material. So if he's on Raw, it was scripted. If he isn't, it might be because Vince had him killed.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I posted my review in the Discussion thread, so without copy-pasting it here, in short, I enjoyed the show. Taker/Lesnar was an awful match with an unforgettable finish. Cena/Wyatt was a pretty good match with a crap finish. And the Divas were the Divas. Sure, it wasn't as bad as their usual performances, but it's not like the match wasn't a sloppy mess with a lack of any real talent outside the couple of exceptions (Tamina, Natalya, AJ). The Shield match could have been longer, but it had some pretty cool spots. Everything else was on point with what it needed to be.

As far as the Taker/Lesnar conspiracy theory going around...it's bullshit. I know you're skeptical about it as well, but I'm flat out saying that it just isn't true. Everything about that match screams that that was what the finish was supposed to be. The 21-1 graphic. Taker selling the loss. Taker's physical appearance to begin with. The way the announcers reacted (trust me...if Lesnar screwed Taker...Vince would be screaming backstage). This whole conspiracy theory just reeks of fans who don't want to face the fact that Taker is just too worn down to be getting back in the ring. All in all, the "Kevin Sullivan killed the Benoit family" theory has more merit...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Honest to God, I thought it was a really good Mania. At least, the best one we've had since 21. The only sour note to it, was Taker's loss. And even that isn't so much a bad thing.

And Bray Wyatt's entrance was daaaaaamn creepy, too..

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I thought it was great... I didn't care that the Taker match underperformed, really. I mean, you've got a guy past retirement age facing a sloppy performer, it makes sense that they'd have to take a slower pace. I didn't really love it or hate it.

It was the divas match I hated. It's actually depressing how little WWE cares about that division. They made so many of them look so weak, with that multi pinning gag and the ring-side pile-up. There is no reason that match couldn't have been an elimination match, but no, WWE just wants to give them all some screen time and get them out of the ring as fast as possible. They should be better than this, and they damn well know it.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The Fullmetal Narcissist
I thought it was great... I didn't care that the Taker match underperformed, really. I mean, you've got a guy past retirement age facing a sloppy performer, it makes sense that they'd have to take a slower pace. I didn't really love it or hate it.

It was the divas match I hated. It's actually depressing how little WWE cares about that division. They made so many of them look so weak, with that multi pinning gag and the ring-side pile-up. There is no reason that match couldn't have been an elimination match, but no, WWE just wants to give them all some screen time and get them out of the ring as fast as possible. They should be better than this, and they damn well know it.

Well, they'd first have to hire women that can actually wrestle. That actually have a passion for the business, and aren't just using it as a glorified modelling career...

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
black_wing_angel
The Fullmetal Narcissist

Well, they'd first have to hire women that can actually wrestle. That actually have a passion for the business, and aren't just using it as a glorified modelling career...

They do have a few of those... Well, just pick the six best ones, and build the match around them.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Personally, I think the triple threat from WM30 felt like nothing, being in the shadow of the triple threat from WM20. That match had better performers, much better pacing, a better finale, and a lot more energy in it, both from the performers and from the fans.

I'd say the best match from WM30 was the opener, Bryan vs. Trips.

Hilarious Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Fullmetal Narcissist
Personally, I think the triple threat from WM30 felt like nothing, being in the shadow of the triple threat from WM20. That match had better performers, much better pacing, a better finale, and a lot more energy in it, both from the performers and from the fans.

I'd say the best match from WM30 was the opener, Bryan vs. Trips.

Of course the WM20 triple threat match was better. It had Shawn Michaels in rare form (which is saying something), Triple H without ring rust, and one of the best technicians the industry has ever seen: Chris Benoit. It makes no sense to compare that match to this last triple threat match.

Hilarious Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Fullmetal Narcissist
black_wing_angel
The Fullmetal Narcissist

They do have a few of those... Well, just pick the six best ones, and build the match around them.

They don't have enough to pick six. We'd have a Fatal Four-Way, at best.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff