Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cyber Shot and Botched
Ring of Honor. The best promotion on this planet.

Female WWE writer wrote:
The first problem is that there's too much wrestling.

(If you haven't seen it, there's a topic maybe a few pages back with a vid of Steve Corino and he talks about a female writer in the WWE who doesn't like shows with too much pro wrestling on them. dramallama )
Well I guess I would be a little bias in saying feds like stw and XWO reborn in tx, but we really do rock, like way more than probably should.
oh and as far as an honest answer goes i really dont think it matters anymore. No matter where you go on the indy circuits your going to get chris hero vs wwe's newest freshest release so I honestly don't have an answer.

O.G. Lunatic

The Original Royce G
Well I guess I would be a little bias in saying feds like stw and XWO reborn in tx, but we really do rock, like way more than probably should.
I don't know which part of Texas you live in, but if you live around Austin or San Antonio, you should check out Anarchy Championship Wrestling. It's owned by a guy with a very level head on his shoulders and last years Lone Star Classic was one of the best shows of the year. That is, of course, only if you haven't heard of them. If you have, then you know all about them razz
1.WWF
2.JCW
3.TNA
Any Backyard Wrestling
Anyone else watch AAA?
Fett02
Anyone else watch AAA?
For me, it's every now and again, but, yes I do. Though I understand little to none.....
Jordy Blaze
Fett02
Anyone else watch AAA?
For me, it's every now and again, but, yes I do. Though I understand little to none.....

That's how it is with me too. A lot of the time their matches are better than what WWE and TNA are pooping out, but usually it's in a different language and I have no idea who half the people are. Maybe I'll make a thread about this.
My only choices are limited to television also Wwe is a great promotion i love it but im also a fan af Tna. Tna is a good promotion but still in my eyes is still developing but none the less still is pretty good. I was also a fan of Wcw when it was around it was ok but Wwe is the greatest promotion on television.
WWE, TNA, Chikara, ROH. Those are my main favorites

Pro and cons of promotions listed.

WWE
Pro : Solid talent, entertaining wrestlers
Cons : Alot of bland talent, okay to good storylines

TNA
Pros : Great wrestlers that have a slim chance of ever going to WWE
Cons : REALLY BAD STORYLINES!!

Chikara
Pros : Fun and entertaining. Promotion is ran by a wrestler(Mike Quakenbush) so he knows how to treat the talent.
Cons : Sometimes a little too wacky. But I personally am a comedy wrestling fan so a lot of fun talent there. Also way too many 4 way dances!

ROH
Pros : The very best of the indy circut is showcased big time.
Cons : Talent likes to do big dramatic matches(even the opener) which ends up making me exhausted and warn out by the end. Also getting way too violent latly with the ladder matches and spots. (Funny thing is I am a fan of Briscoes though)

So there is always Pros and Cons in things. Especially wrestling promotions. Glad to say I am not a fanboy. But if I was it would probly be with Chikara. And this is coming from a WCW/ECW fan geek/mark.
Chikara pro. They provide the best wrestling and sports entertainment nowadays. It's not too generic and serious like ROH, and it's far more entertaining than WWE or TNA. I have never seen a bad Chikara event, and it always provides good laughs.
1. wcw
2. wwe
3. tna
I'd have to say ROH.
1. ROH/PWG (it's a tie, lol)
2. NOAH
3. NJPW (Hirooki Goto ftw!)
4. WWE

I havn't seen any CHIKARA yet but I heard good things. I don't have a job so I can't really buy wrestling DVDs much. If I do buy any I only get "best of" sets. "PWG Sells Out" = awesomeness.

Edit: Btw. I used to watch CMLL but then the channel that showed it started showing AAA insted. =

Dapper Codger

Wow...This is a great time to plug my Chikara Thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff