IndystarX
black_wing_angel
User Image

I swear I'm not a brony.

..Yet.

Come join us, we have cupcakes

cupcakes made of delicious parasprites

So that's how Las Plagas was spread...

And meh, I'm like...40% brony. I watch little clips, here and there, that I find funny. But I still can't sit and watch a full episode. And the only 2 characters I absolutely adore, are background characters. Derpy and DJ.
A wrestling thread with a subtone of My Little Pony? All I can say is....

Been dreaming, I've been waiting
To fly with those brave ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks
Spinning 'round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands
They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!

To keep this from being senseless spam, I dont really know much about Russo, so I cant say for sure where I stand on the whole thing...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Supercheatfreak25

To keep this from being senseless spam, I dont really know much about Russo, so I cant say for sure where I stand on the whole thing...

I always preferred Art of the Dress...and then they put out The Perfect Stallion and nothing else compares now...
kevin3485
Supercheatfreak25

I always preferred Art of the Dress...and then they put out The Perfect Stallion and nothing else compares now...
Rainbow Dash's Gala Solo is the one of the only songs I like. Winter Wrap Up was catchy, and Pinkie Pie's Cupcakes was funny. Other than the entire Gala Song, RD's Solo was the best song I heard.
Here's a dumb question, when did my little pony become socially acceptable?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Capzaicin

When Lauren Faust made the Friendship is Magic series...
kevin3485
Capzaicin

...And it's good?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin

...And it's good?

It's better than what you'd think it'd be, considering it is a kid's show whose main demo is young girls. The writing, the voice acting, the songs, the characters...all are pretty amazing. It's also better than the s**t on Disney or Nickelodeon in terms of quality. But the best part is that the show acknowledges its strange fan base without catering to us. For example, in one of the episodes, they had some ponified versions of characters out of the Big Lebowski, which obviously no child would understand...yet they keep the show aimed at their original target demo. They also don't really mind the copyright infringement...they aren't shutting youtube channels down left and right for posting content, including entire episodes. It's just a weird stance for a company to take, but one that makes them seem better when compared to, say, the WWE who shut down practically anything they can.

But these are just my opinions. If you really want to know if it's good or not, check it out...
kevin3485
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin

...And it's good?

It's better than what you'd think it'd be, considering it is a kid's show whose main demo is young girls. The writing, the voice acting, the songs, the characters...all are pretty amazing. It's also better than the s**t on Disney or Nickelodeon in terms of quality. But the best part is that the show acknowledges its strange fan base without catering to us. For example, in one of the episodes, they had some ponified versions of characters out of the Big Lebowski, which obviously no child would understand...yet they keep the show aimed at their original target demo. They also don't really mind the copyright infringement...they aren't shutting youtube channels down left and right for posting content, including entire episodes. It's just a weird stance for a company to take, but one that makes them seem better when compared to, say, the WWE who shut down practically anything they can.

But these are just my opinions. If you really want to know if it's good or not, check it out...
I found a few clips on youtube and I gotta admit, it gave me a good chuckle.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin
kevin3485
Capzaicin

...And it's good?

I found a few clips on youtube and I gotta admit, it gave me a good chuckle.

As Kevin mentioned above, they actually acknowledge their fanbase, and our strange ways.

Prime example: Derpy Hooves.

The story (as I understand it, via wikipedia and youtube research), is that the character was originally an unnamed background filler character. However, when making the first episode, the scene in which the unnamed character would appear, one of her eyes was missdrawn, so that she ended up cross-eyed (technically wall-eyed). As she was a simple background character, it was completely ignored by the staff. But not by the fans. Even though that one moment, among all the appearances the character would make (in the background, barely noticeable) was the only one with a messed up eye, it got the attention of the fans, who thought it made her look "kinda derpy". And the fans gave the character the nick-name "Derpy", as such.

Later in the season, she is mentioned by the name "Ditzy Doo". However, as she is not seen, it is easy to write "Ditzy" off as being a completely different character.

Faust and the developing team took great notice of this mass, if unusual, fan following for "Derpy". And, as a nod to those very fans, they begun intentionally giving her the cross-eyes, and a few more scenes where she is more plainly visible, and acting in specifically "derpish" ways. All the way up until the big moment when she would break the silence. Literally. With the character being granted a scene where she actually speaks, and is addressed by the name "Derpy". Officially canonizing the fan created designation and personality. Pretty much a reward for such loyal fandom.

When an artist is willing to go that far for the fans...you just can't help but admire them.

It is also anticipated that they will have a similar deal for the character "DJ P0n-3" (pronounced as DJ Pony), for the very same reason. She has been involved in one single scene (that I am aware of), for 3 seconds. Even though she was specifically the center of attention for that scene. Still, no speaking lines. And yet, the fans have fallen equally in love with the character (how could you not? Those shades are adorable! xd ). And, as with Derpy, they've designated a fan given name "Vinyl Scratch". The developers could easily write DJ P0n-3" off as being a stage name, and officially recognize her "real" name as being Vinyl Scratch, complete with actual speaking lines. The biggest thing, however, is in her eyes. Obviously, if she's only been seen for 3 seconds, wearing shades...there's no truly official word on what color her eyes would be. Even if the general consensus among the fanbase is that they would be red. Still, until officially recognized by the developers...it's still technically "up in the air". My point being that I fully anticipate that the developers will in fact include Vinyl in future affairs, and officially canonize both, the fan given "real" name, and the presumed red eye color, and establish a voice. Just as they had for the Derpster.

And given that she is a musician, as is the character "Octavia", it is easy to establish a bond there. Whether as bitter rivals due to the extreme differences in musical styles, best friends due to the common association with music in general, or "comically uneasy relationship" due to culture-clash. And the fans have not ignored this potential, in the slightest.

Nearly every google search I've made for either character, has turned up a million fan-drawn images of the 2 of them. Some suggesting them as musical partners, some as bitter rivals. Could work either way, honestly.

...and no, I'm still not a brony. I just happen to get curious about certain things, like "who the ******** is that cute one with the shades?" leading me to research into Vinyl, and all the controversy of Derpy's supposed (more like "ridiculous accusation of"...) being a mockery of the mentally handicapped.

I get curious, so I look into it. Though...at this rate, I'll probably end up an official Brony, before all is said and done....

...God help me.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
It is also anticipated that they will have a similar deal for the character "DJ P0n-3" (pronounced as DJ Pony), for the very same reason. She has been involved in one single scene (that I am aware of), for 3 seconds. Even though she was specifically the center of attention for that scene. Still, no speaking lines. And yet, the fans have fallen equally in love with the character (how could you not? Those shades are adorable! xd ). And, as with Derpy, they've designated a fan given name "Vinyl Scratch". The developers could easily write DJ P0n-3" off as being a stage name, and officially recognize her "real" name as being Vinyl Scratch, complete with actual speaking lines. The biggest thing, however, is in her eyes. Obviously, if she's only been seen for 3 seconds, wearing shades...there's no truly official word on what color her eyes would be. Even if the general consensus among the fanbase is that they would be red. Still, until officially recognized by the developers...it's still technically "up in the air". My point being that I fully anticipate that the developers will in fact include Vinyl in future affairs, and officially canonize both, the fan given "real" name, and the presumed red eye color, and establish a voice. Just as they had for the Derpster.

They've actually canonized the name DJ P0n-3 in the Equestria Girls song that played as an ad on the Hub (and was given in an extended form to Equestria Daily before the ad ran), so I imagine they are running with the name as a stage name, but having her given name as Vinyl Scratch. In the same video, they also use the term "bronies," further acknowledging the fan base....it's also a better song than the Katy Perry version...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
kevin3485
black_wing_angel

They've actually canonized the name DJ P0n-3 in the Equestria Girls song that played as an ad on the Hub (and was given in an extended form to Equestria Daily before the ad ran), so I imagine they are running with the name as a stage name, but having her given name as Vinyl Scratch. In the same video, they also use the term "bronies," further acknowledging the fan base....it's also a better song than the Katy Perry version...

Ok...now I am completely curious...

I assume this can be seen on Youtube, right?

EDIT: Just found it. Kinda catchy, in that "What the ******** am I listening to?" kind of way xd

And yes, definitely better than Katy Perry.

In fact, can we just kill Katy Perry, and give Pinkie's voice actor her spot?

And so it is officially "DJ Pon three". Hmm...weird. I thought it was supposed to be more like "Dead Mouse" for Deadmou5

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
kevin3485
black_wing_angel

Ok...now I am completely curious...

I assume this can be seen on Youtube, right?

Yes.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
ANYWAY....

...Should we re-rail this train? Or just see how far off the tracks they find the bodies?

I mean, it's a TNA thread...so It's not like this isn't a massive improvement on topic quality...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff