Welcome to Gaia! ::

The match with The Undertaker and Triple H at wrestlemania 28 was by far the best match besides CM Punk and Jericho, The Rock and Cena didn't live up to the hype really. razz
It was quite the war between the two legends, or three since Shawn Michaels was the ref.
HHH and Taker battled it out in a fight that was actually worthy of Wrestlemania.
Hell in a Cell was it for the Deadman, he's supposed to retire after this since he has nothing left to prove. I'd be quite surprised if he made any appearences on Raw or Smackdown.

Also, I read a comment saying something along the lines that The Rock worked harder than the Undertaker during the promotions up to mania, here the person is somewhat correct, but then again, Dwayne left after a few years in the WWE and Taker has been here for over twenty so overall The Phenom has worked much harder in this business and the fans know and respect that which is why he gets equal to better reactions than Dwayne.

20-0 at Wrestlemania, Only The Undertaker can make such a feat possible. This is his legacy and he will always be my favorite wrestler.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
It's actually not clear at this point if Taker is retiring. People are just jumping to that conclusion.
I'm going to disagree on the point of how Rock worked harder than Undertaker on the promo build to WM28. While you're right on the point of how Rock left and Taker hung around for those 7 years, Undertaker doesn't need to say a damn word to get the crowd fired up. When the audience hear that bell toll and the lights go out, they come unglued and then he can just stand on the stage, point to the guy in the ring or even lock eyes with his desired victim, make the "you're finished" gesture, and boom, Taker has said a million times more than what he could convey in words wheras Rock has to run his mouth and spout off ridiculous catchphrases that he insist will trend on Twitter just to get the fans going.
kevin3485
It's actually not clear at this point if Taker is retiring. People are just jumping to that conclusion.
vry true, but with all the injuries he has sustained over his 22 year WWE career (not to mention his wrestling days prior to that), it's a pretty safe bet he will be retiring before 2012 is over. Whether he'll annonuce it or not on TV or the website remians to be seen. I feel he'll just quietly walk away from the business with no real fanfare like Stone Cold did in '03

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Phenom_85
kevin3485
vry true, but with all the injuries he has sustained over his 22 year WWE career (not to mention his wrestling days prior to that), it's a pretty safe bet he will be retiring before 2012 is over. Whether he'll annonuce it or not on TV or the website remians to be seen. I feel he'll just quietly walk away from the business with no real fanfare like Stone Cold did in '03

I'm not saying this won't be his last year...but do you really think they're going to just have him retire and NOT say anything?

And, in a side note, .......TWO PHENOMS!?!?!?! Aw man, this is SummerSlam 1994 all over again!
kevin3485
Phenom_85
kevin3485

I'm not saying this won't be his last year...but do you really think they're going to just have him retire and NOT say anything?

And, in a side note, .......TWO PHENOMS!?!?!?! Aw man, this is SummerSlam 1994 all over again!
they didn't really put it out there that Stone Cold was retired until 2004 or 2005 when he retired after WrestleMania XIX in 2003. Besides, I could imagine Undertaker asking Vince to not make a big deal of him retiring on TV and Vince granting it because of how influental Taker is with the rest of the roster.

as for the two Phenoms........ well....... sorry, wasn't planned like this
That is why I said that he was somewhat correct in the sense that The Rock worked harder than Taker. But I do have trouble respecting Dwayne since he did just up and leave unlike Taker :p Don't get me wrong, I like the Rock and I was happy to see him again but he only came back to promote his movies. I wanted Cena to beat him because I like Cena, not as a wrestler but as a person. Anyhow the match that Taker was involved in was much better than Cena vs. Rocky. That's my main point here.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Phenom_85
kevin3485
Phenom_85
kevin3485

they didn't really put it out there that Stone Cold was retired until 2004 or 2005 when he retired after WrestleMania XIX in 2003. Besides, I could imagine Undertaker asking Vince to not make a big deal of him retiring on TV and Vince granting it because of how influental Taker is with the rest of the roster.

as for the two Phenoms........ well....... sorry, wasn't planned like this

That's because they were still planning on Austin returning at that point...but he didn't. And trust me, when Taker retires, you'll know. It'll become a big thing because the guy deserves it.

Familiar Gaian

3,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I doubt he's going to retire yet and besides he always comes back for Wrestlemania!
taker isnt retiring intill someone beats his record at wrestlemania and i think that will happen rl soon
Personally I think the Phenom The Undertaker is going to retire, or that they'll make a last match of Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar (If Lesnar stays that long) Of course Undertaker will win then he'll retire. confused
On his retirement day I'll be playing this song...
I'll never want him to go, but I hear that Michelle McCool is breeding... so that prolly means he wants some time off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff