Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
complete and utter fail. That's not to say I didn't try. But I blame the presale tickets being sold days earlier. As soon as the clock struck 10am and ticketmaster made the tickets available, it was already sold out. Within seconds.

And now stubhub is overpricing them as usual. I'm so upset :'[

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
(screaming)_(poptart)
complete and utter fail. That's not to say I didn't try. But I blame the presale tickets being sold days earlier. As soon as the clock struck 10am and ticketmaster made the tickets available, it was already sold out. Within seconds.

I've never had that problem...

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
black_wing_angel
(screaming)_(poptart)

how do you mean?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
(screaming)_(poptart)
black_wing_angel
(screaming)_(poptart)

how do you mean?

I've gotten tickets to 14 events, to date ( been to 15 ). And I've never had a problem getting tickets after presale. It's all a matter of what you're willing to settle for. You will not get front row after presale. And hell, I've never gotten front row, even WITH presale.

So I wonder if they were ACTUALLY sold out, or if you had your search set up wrong, and was looking for a SECTION that was sold out?

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
black_wing_angel
(screaming)_(poptart)
black_wing_angel
(screaming)_(poptart)

how do you mean?

I've gotten tickets to 14 events, to date ( been to 15 ). And I've never had a problem getting tickets after presale. It's all a matter of what you're willing to settle for. You will not get front row after presale. And hell, I've never gotten front row, even WITH presale.

So I wonder if they were ACTUALLY sold out, or if you had your search set up wrong, and was looking for a SECTION that was sold out?

oh no i was up for anything. I wasn't picky whatsoever. I just straight up couldn't go through. And many others were making the same complaints on twitter about how there was nothing for sale for them either. I saw instagram posts of people waiting at barclays center saying the box office was telling them there were no tickets left. Im guessing it's because it's new york and the demand is always high there especially if summerslam was taking place there after 13 years
It sucks that a company that has no plans to attend the event can not only buy up tickets to resell at a higher cost, but also be allowed to obtain so many tickets before others can. Reminds me of the Gaia hoarders who try to up the value of items on this site. To that I say this

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
I'm still contemplating going to Baltimore for Payback because some tickets are still available on ticketmaster for THAT PPV. Even if itll probably be a shitty ppv I've been craving to go to another taping since Extreme Rules. And that Baltimore arena is really small. Like being in section 200s is 83 bucks as opposed to being in the very back and highest section at IZOD Center for 120 :/

It's just hard to put down money because trying to get a job is my main priority but what I wanna do is a really competitive field so I'm left home sending resume/portfolio one after the other ;__;

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Law Abiding Citizen
It sucks that a company that has no plans to attend the event can not only buy up tickets to resell at a higher cost, but also be allowed to obtain so many tickets before others can. Reminds me of the Gaia hoarders who try to up the value of items on this site. To that I say this

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the world of scalping. The company cares only that they get the money they offered the tickets for. What YOU do with them, is your business. And from there, it's supply and demand, in the most feral form.

I've never scalped tickets, myself, because I don't buy tickets I don't plan to use personally. But I've bought them. Hell, you can't get NFL seats first-hand, unless you're the designated season ticket holder for those seats. I've paid upwards of a Benny per seat for seats that face'd at $40. And I have no problem with it, because I know how it works, and I expect it.

Think of it in the same vein as house flipping, or car flipping. You buy it cheap, make it more valuable, and then sell it for profit. In the case of event tickets, making it more valuable is just a matter of waiting until closer to the event date, when people start really hearing about the event to come, and making last minute attempts at tickets. And if they want to go bad enough, they'll pay whatever they must.

It's a legitimate hobby, honestly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces