Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
TheGreatestSage
In all honesty, I am so sick of the fans hijacking the shows. It's as bad as die-hard fans of a TV series trying to make the fandom and the show all about them rather than what we're watching on TV. I get why people are pissed. Doesn't mean I agree. I'm one of those on board with Roman winning the Rumble. I'd much rather a greener guy win something important and get pushed rather than a part-timer hold the belt for over a year while the world forgets what it looks like.

I'm more against Lesnar than I am Reigns at this point. Here, we have Brock, who is on the cusp of leaving to go into UFC, and he is still holding the belt. I hear rumors they are going to make him retain too. If they do this, this is just a slap in the face of everyone in the company. This is basically WWE saying "No matter what you do, no matter what you accomplish, no matter how much the fans respond to what you do, you're not worth it as much as this part-time worker, who cares little about the business except a good paycheck." Lesnar's title reign has made it impossible for Seth Rollins to cash in his briefcase and ascend the ladder into the main event. Brock holding the belt is doing nothing but keep him collecting paychecks without him even lifting a finger to fight hardly. My hope is that they screwjob Lesnar and either have Reigns win, or Seth cash in; not like the man ever cared about working for the WWE anyways. Let him go back to UFC and enjoy a mediocre career.

Yeeeeeah...about that.

Interesting Sweetheart

Mayor of Murderwood
TheGreatestSage
In all honesty, I am so sick of the fans hijacking the shows. It's as bad as die-hard fans of a TV series trying to make the fandom and the show all about them rather than what we're watching on TV. I get why people are pissed. Doesn't mean I agree. I'm one of those on board with Roman winning the Rumble. I'd much rather a greener guy win something important and get pushed rather than a part-timer hold the belt for over a year while the world forgets what it looks like.

I'm more against Lesnar than I am Reigns at this point. Here, we have Brock, who is on the cusp of leaving to go into UFC, and he is still holding the belt. I hear rumors they are going to make him retain too. If they do this, this is just a slap in the face of everyone in the company. This is basically WWE saying "No matter what you do, no matter what you accomplish, no matter how much the fans respond to what you do, you're not worth it as much as this part-time worker, who cares little about the business except a good paycheck." Lesnar's title reign has made it impossible for Seth Rollins to cash in his briefcase and ascend the ladder into the main event. Brock holding the belt is doing nothing but keep him collecting paychecks without him even lifting a finger to fight hardly. My hope is that they screwjob Lesnar and either have Reigns win, or Seth cash in; not like the man ever cared about working for the WWE anyways. Let him go back to UFC and enjoy a mediocre career.

Yeeeeeah...about that.

Great, wonderful. He's probably going to retain, vanish for three more months, then come back and fight, then retain, then vanish again ultimately making the MitB expire for Rollins.

I probably won't be as mad if they do the right thing and make him drop the belt. Or...if they make him retain make him drop anyways to Seth. Either way, someone new and fresh needs the belt; rather they are green or not. Enough is enough of Lesnar. He didn't do enough in my mind to cement that he deserves to be champion while part-time.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
TheGreatestSage
Mayor of Murderwood
TheGreatestSage

Yeeeeeah...about that.

Great, wonderful. He's probably going to retain, vanish for three more months, then come back and fight, then retain, then vanish again ultimately making the MitB expire for Rollins.

I probably won't be as mad if they do the right thing and make him drop the belt. Or...if they make him retain make him drop anyways to Seth. Either way, someone new and fresh needs the belt; rather they are green or not. Enough is enough of Lesnar. He didn't do enough in my mind to cement that he deserves to be champion while part-time.

It was a way to draw heat. And damn if it didn't work.
I'm not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, but I actually hope Brock wins. Reigns is in no way ready to hold that belt. The only reason it works for Brock is because he's a great athlete and a convincing monster heel. You're supposed to be pissed at him for sitting at home, but at least when he shows up, he doesn't act like a chicken s**t heel, he actually wrecks people. From what I hear, the suits in the back are likening Reigns to that of Lex Luger, who was pushed to the moon, yet received a huge backlash from the fans.

And if he ends up floundering in the midcard, I'm sorry, but that's where he belongs. His lineage shouldn't automatically catapult him to the top, to mirror the likes of The Rock.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
captainbuttass
I'm not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, but I actually hope Brock wins. Reigns is in no way ready to hold that belt. The only reason it works for Brock is because he's a great athlete and a convincing monster heel. You're supposed to be pissed at him for sitting at home, but at least when he shows up, he doesn't act like a chicken s**t heel, he actually wrecks people. From what I hear, the suits in the back are likening Reigns to that of Lex Luger, who was pushed to the moon, yet received a huge backlash from the fans.

And if he ends up floundering in the midcard, I'm sorry, but that's where he belongs. His lineage shouldn't automatically catapult him to the top, to mirror the likes of The Rock.

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried about if the opinion is popular or not. I think it's better that we have a lot of differing view points to avoid the forum becoming an echo chamber.

As for what you said, yeah, I agree with you to an extent. It's not really Reign's time yet, especially since fans have rejected the idea pretty heavily. Although, even if it's not Reign's time, they still need to get the belt off of Lesnar at Mania. All the heat that he's built up by not defending the title full time, or even being at most of the events, it was all for the blow off at Mania where someone would beat him for the title. And sure, he could probably get more heat by retaining it, Mania's their biggest drawing PPV, so that's where you're going to want the blow off to be.

Personally, I'd say the best solution to all this would be for Brock to beat Reigns, but only barely or with the help of Heyman...but to the point where he's really beat up. Then you have Rollins come out, cash in on an already beat up Lesnar, and Rollins wins the title. Then, you build up to a double turn. Rollins can play a pretty good face, and he's already got more legitimacy under his belt than Reigns. And Reigns could stand to have someone like Heyman working promos for him while he soaks up all the heat that he's getting now and turns it into "hey, this is the reaction I'm supposed to be getting." I mean, hell...it worked for the Rock, and he got the same reaction that Reigns is pretty much getting now. I'm surprised the WWE hasn't figured this out yet.
Rumblestiltskin
captainbuttass

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried about if the opinion is popular or not. I think it's better that we have a lot of differing view points to avoid the forum becoming an echo chamber.

As for what you said, yeah, I agree with you to an extent. It's not really Reign's time yet, especially since fans have rejected the idea pretty heavily. Although, even if it's not Reign's time, they still need to get the belt off of Lesnar at Mania. All the heat that he's built up by not defending the title full time, or even being at most of the events, it was all for the blow off at Mania where someone would beat him for the title. And sure, he could probably get more heat by retaining it, Mania's their biggest drawing PPV, so that's where you're going to want the blow off to be.

Personally, I'd say the best solution to all this would be for Brock to beat Reigns, but only barely or with the help of Heyman...but to the point where he's really beat up. Then you have Rollins come out, cash in on an already beat up Lesnar, and Rollins wins the title. Then, you build up to a double turn. Rollins can play a pretty good face, and he's already got more legitimacy under his belt than Reigns. And Reigns could stand to have someone like Heyman working promos for him while he soaks up all the heat that he's getting now and turns it into "hey, this is the reaction I'm supposed to be getting." I mean, hell...it worked for the Rock, and he got the same reaction that Reigns is pretty much getting now. I'm surprised the WWE hasn't figured this out yet.

I was listening to Giant Bomb's wrestling podcast (not important if you don't know who that is) and one of them raised a good point, a point that would sway my interest as far as who goes over. Remember when Heyman employed The Shield? This would conflict with Rollins' stance as far as the authority goes, but if Ambrose loses his match, that could easily give him a place on the new version of The Shield alongside Heyman. What if late in the match we see a triple powerbomb on Lesnar, allowing Reigns to win and Heyman to turn alongside Reigns and Ambrose? I suppose there would be conflict as far as Rollins' MITB briefcase, but if Reigns were to win, I'd see that as a viable option.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
captainbuttass
Rumblestiltskin
captainbuttass

I was listening to Giant Bomb's wrestling podcast (not important if you don't know who that is) and one of them raised a good point, a point that would sway my interest as far as who goes over. Remember when Heyman employed The Shield? This would conflict with Rollins' stance as far as the authority goes, but if Ambrose loses his match, that could easily give him a place on the new version of The Shield alongside Heyman. What if late in the match we see a triple powerbomb on Lesnar, allowing Reigns to win and Heyman to turn alongside Reigns and Ambrose? I suppose there would be conflict as far as Rollins' MITB briefcase, but if Reigns were to win, I'd see that as a viable option.

I forget that there probably would be money in a Lesnar babyface run, and that would be an interesting turn to some degree...but it may be a bit optimistic to see WWE put that much effort into it. Then again, the same can be said about my idea as well.
Rumblestiltskin
captainbuttass
Rumblestiltskin
captainbuttass

I forget that there probably would be money in a Lesnar babyface run, and that would be an interesting turn to some degree...but it may be a bit optimistic to see WWE put that much effort into it. Then again, the same can be said about my idea as well.

I'm not one for predictions, I find them to be rather boring, so in no way do I expect the WWE to follow through with anything of the sort. Realistically, backstage rumors aside...I see Reigns winning clean. I'd like to predict a cash-in, but I don't think the WWE has swerve endings in mind for Wrestlemania these days. If 'Mania is a bust, we'll at least have 'Raw After Mania'.

In a relationship with Your computer data

Shy Datemate

8,425 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
He has talent making simple moves like spear or punch look badass. Kinda like Big Show's KO punch or Sheamus brogue kick.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff