Welcome to Gaia! ::

who should come out victorious ar Night of Champion?

Brock Lesnar 1 100.0% [ 2 ]
John Cena 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 2 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 247 248 249 > >> >>> »|

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Izzykun88
WWE hires a former Disney executive

STAMFORD, Conn., Jun 07, 2010 -- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. announced that Eddie Hill will assume the role of Senior Vice President, Marketing, effective June 7, 2010. Hill will be responsible for providing strategic direction around WWE's branding and promotions, television tune-in, pay-per-view events, network affiliate marketing, WWE Studios and market research. He will report directly to Michelle D. Wilson, Executive Vice President, Marketing.

Hill brings 18 years of experience as a marketing executive within the financial, sports and entertainment industries. He comes to WWE from American Express after he spent the last two years as Vice President/Head of U.S. Advertising & Global Agency Management and spearheaded the Are You A Cardmember? and Don't Take Chances - Take Charge campaigns.

Prior to American Express, Hill was the Vice President of Marketing for Nickelodeon and Nick Movies. He has also held positions at ESPN and the Walt Disney Company.

"We are thrilled to have Eddie join WWE, bringing with him a great breadth and depth of valuable experience in the sports and entertainment industries," said Michelle D. Wilson. "With Eddie's skill set, we will continue to strategically market and grow the WWE brand across all of our global platforms."

Matt Hardy Comments

- Matt Hardy has made some interesting comments on Twitter in the last week, which could just be Hardy playing to the fans like he has done in the past. Hardy said he had been "underutilized" and doesn't "need the WWE." Hardy also said he has nothing to lose.

Hardy said to a fan: "Deal is-there's more reality than not on the stuff I'm saying & doing now on TV. Something has to change-either the WWE or me."

I was right! Disney has now invaded WWE. Just when I began to hope the dark days were on the way out a Disney guy gets put in charge of marketing.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Slaje
Izzykun88

STAMFORD, Conn., Jun 07, 2010 -- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. announced that Eddie Hill will assume the role of Senior Vice President, Marketing, effective June 7, 2010. Hill will be responsible for providing strategic direction around WWE's branding and promotions, television tune-in, pay-per-view events, network affiliate marketing, WWE Studios and market research. He will report directly to Michelle D. Wilson, Executive Vice President, Marketing.

Hill brings 18 years of experience as a marketing executive within the financial, sports and entertainment industries. He comes to WWE from American Express after he spent the last two years as Vice President/Head of U.S. Advertising & Global Agency Management and spearheaded the Are You A Cardmember? and Don't Take Chances - Take Charge campaigns.

Prior to American Express, Hill was the Vice President of Marketing for Nickelodeon and Nick Movies. He has also held positions at ESPN and the Walt Disney Company.

"We are thrilled to have Eddie join WWE, bringing with him a great breadth and depth of valuable experience in the sports and entertainment industries," said Michelle D. Wilson. "With Eddie's skill set, we will continue to strategically market and grow the WWE brand across all of our global platforms."

Matt Hardy Comments

- Matt Hardy has made some interesting comments on Twitter in the last week, which could just be Hardy playing to the fans like he has done in the past. Hardy said he had been "underutilized" and doesn't "need the WWE." Hardy also said he has nothing to lose.

Hardy said to a fan: "Deal is-there's more reality than not on the stuff I'm saying & doing now on TV. Something has to change-either the WWE or me."

I was right! Disney has now invaded WWE. Just when I began to hope the dark days were on the way out a Disney guy gets put in charge of marketing.

I wouldn't be too worried. Disney owns a lot of properties, so I imagine not all of his marketing ideas were just towards kids. He's worked with some pretty big name companies, so hopefully he'll know what he's doing.

And is Hardy threatening to leave? Cause I say "don't let the door hit you on the way out."
kevin3485
And is Hardy threatening to leave? Cause I say "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

I think the only reason they haven't fired him is because Vince doesn't want to see a Hardy Boyz reunion in TNA.
Disney also owns ESPN and ABC. I'm in agreement with Kevin on this for now.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Izzykun88

So...does this mean Cena will have a match against Mickey Mouse at Wrestlemania for the belt?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Death Valley Demon
kevin3485

I think the only reason they haven't fired him is because Vince doesn't want to see a Hardy Boyz reunion in TNA.

I'm not sure if Vince cares about a Hardy Boyz reunion. It will draw the same amount of people who have already been drawn by Jeff pretty much. Maybe you see a few more. Maybe if they bill a Team 3-D vs. Hardy Boyz match. But all in all, I think Vince runs his company business as usual, and it's worked for him for a long while. I don't think Vince even really cared what was going on in WCW until they started beating them consistently.
I think Matt would get a big chunk of viewers, and all the big stars are leaving now, and or soon. Roidtista quit, Jericho is quitting in a year or two, Cena will probably turn into The Rock, Taker is as old as Michaels. Christian isn't getting pushed, Kane refuses to get pushed. Orton is gonna do movies. Triple H is old and has children. TNA has most of TNA's WWE talent and there not PG which i'm pretty sure "Hardcore" wrestling fans would want to see good quality TV-14 bloddy matches, like TNA
Slaje
Izzykun88

Matt Hardy Comments

Maybe we can get Mickey as a ref at Wrestlemania or maybe a Mickey belt. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy left and joined his brother in TNA. WWE's been going down the crapper for awhile so in all honesty I'm not surprised. I mean, having the cast of last season's NXT come and "beat" Cena? C'mon, that's desperation right there.

Popular Informer

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Cena responsible for Evan Bourne's push?

Evan Bourne’s push last week came partly because John Cena went to Vince McMahon and basically told him that the company was dropping the ball by not pushing Bourne. Another part of the reason was that with Daniel Bryan and Kaval coming up to the main roster, WWE wants to condition fans to accept a small guy as a main eventer.

Updates on Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair in TNA

- According to Dave Meltzer, the creative team in TNA has been told to make sure Hulk Hogan appears on every episode of Impact, even if it is just for a brief moment. There are some thoughts that he should be on television less, so when he does appear, it means more.

- Ric Flair's TNA contract was for 52 dates over a one-year period. Since he has appeared on all the TV/PPV events, they are likely going to have to sign him to a new contract soon. It's possible that TNA will bring in Flair's son Reid so he won't ask for more money when it comes time to sign a new deal.
Izzykun88
- According to Dave Meltzer, the creative team in TNA has been told to make sure Hulk Hogan appears on every episode of Impact, even if it is just for a brief moment. There are some thoughts that he should be on television less, so when he does appear, it means more.

And whenever Hogan's not around, all the wrestlers should ask "Where's Hogan?"

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Izzykun88
Cena responsible for Evan Bourne's push?

Evan Bourne’s push last week came partly because John Cena went to Vince McMahon and basically told him that the company was dropping the ball by not pushing Bourne. Another part of the reason was that with Daniel Bryan and Kaval coming up to the main roster, WWE wants to condition fans to accept a small guy as a main eventer.

About damn time.

Popular Informer

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Announcer Debuts on NXT

The new blonde ring announcer that debuted on last night's WWE NXT is developmental Diva Jamie Keyes. Brittany Beede is her real name. Jamie was signed by WWE a few months back and appeared on a TNA pay-per-view last year with Kevin Nash as the winner of his valet search. Jamie is a model from the Sarasota, Florida area.

New details on upcoming WWE All Stars game

Gamespot revealed the first details for WWE’s upcoming All Stars game that will feature current Superstars vs. WWE Legends. The game is being developed by THQ San Diego, who also worked on the TNA Impact game.

All Stars is more of an arcade-style game and the wrestlers look larger than life, similar to WWE’s recent Legends video game. The game is more fast-paced than the other WWE video games and is a combination fighting-wrestling game.

Combos will play a big part of your offense and a juggle system will let you string together multiple slams and throws in a row. During these juggle combos, the game uses slow motions technology. You get access to finishing moves by building up an energy meter. The Rock’s People’s Elbow has him jumping high into the air as does the Rock Bottom.

The only two names confirmed for the game so far are John Cena and The Rock. WWE All Stars is set to be released in early 2011.

Hey everyone, wanna join a guild on Gaia?
You could come check out EGW (Extreme Gaia Wrestling)
Just search for EGW on the guilds section, or click on the link below. New members would be appreciated and I will also post new updates and news about WWE/TNA!

Extreme Gaia Wrestling-EGW

Beloved Noob

Death Valley Demon
Izzykun88

And whenever Hogan's not around, all the wrestlers should ask "Where's Hogan?"
HAH
Nice reference. rofl
The WWE All Stars game looks awesome. Looks cartoony and what not. Plus the new Smackdown vs Raw 2011 looks pretty good too. New physics engine looks great. Check it out on gamespot.com

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff