Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Cesaro needs more charisma and mic skills. He's not connecting with the audience.

This millennial generation of superstars don't have the passion to grab for that brass ring.

We don't need to see Sting too often.

We don't need to see Brock Lesnar too often.

It's not about the WWE championship. It's about the story between the competitors in the ring.

Macho Man Randy Savage will be in the Hall of Fame. One day.

The UK will get the WWE Network. Maybe around the 1st of next year. No promises though.

Firing punk on his wedding day was a coincidence. Sometimes legal and talent relations don't know what the other department is doing at the time.

Speaking of Punk, he lacks communication skills. WWE hopes to do business again with him in the future, just like they have Hogan, Warrior, Austin, etc.

Jim Ross didn't want to be in Connecticut. He wanted to return home to Oklahoma. He didn't want to do his job full time anymore and WWE needs people who are going to do this full time, so he left the company.

Shane McMahon is doing fine. He took his talents elsewhere. It's hard working with family sometimes.

Mr. McMahon is a shy introvert.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
He says that about Cesaro but gave Ryback a major push....seems legit

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Bad News Blaze

But you know...no charisma...

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

Feed me more = Charisma? dont make me laugh

and Cesaro was over at Wrestlemania

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Bad News Blaze
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

It's all about the volume.

And yes, Cesaro was over at Mania. Because he'd just made a really big move (bodyslamming Big Show), and it was genuinely impressive. But it also kinda tapered off after that, with most of his pop coming from people just wanting to see the "Swing!".

With Ryback, they're not calling for a given move. They're just chanting his catch-phrase.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

And yes, Cesaro was over at Mania. Because he'd just made a really big move (bodyslamming Big Show), and it was genuinely impressive. But it also kinda tapered off after that, with most of his pop coming from people just wanting to see the "Swing!".

With Ryback, they're not calling for a given move. They're just chanting his catch-phrase.

Yeah cause he was shoved down people throats!!!! we just gonna sit here and forget that mr.steriod was getting the Goldberg chants at first???? having a catch phrase does not = charisma....lets see him cut a legit promo and then we can talk about how he has a charismatic edge over Cesaro

Newbie Terrestrial

15,675 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Power Converter 150
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
I actually enjoyed watching Ryback at the last PPV and he's been an interesting dude to watch as of late. I don't even mind it, though while he was with Axel? Totally lame partnership, even if it did kind of take Ryback from a 'human wrecking ball' to a more approachable type of guy.

And Cesaro? I don't even think he had it even while at Wrestlemania. I think that at the moment he's just kind of floundering around in confusion trying to figure out where he fits in in the company. Hanging out with Swagger wasn't exactly a good move and I think his dealio with shipping into the Authority was just another way of his to figure out if he belonged in that little clique.

But, lets be honest with each other, folks. If the man's main 'storyline idea' was that he came from Switzerland and that he's supposedly 'better then everyone else', then the last thing he should be doing is wandering around and hanging with random groups. While I particularly dislike Rusev (come on, the dude has to lose SOMETIME peeps) he at least has the right idea on calling himself a Russian and sticking with the Soviet Streetwalker. Sorry for those that like those two, I just find the Rock's nickname for the woman highly amusing.

ANYWAY, my point is, is if that Cesaro wanted to prove he was better then everyone else and all his original stuff about being better then Americans ~ Then doing it a more Rusev-like route and staying a lone wolf would have been the better route.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Bad News Blaze
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

Yeah cause he was shoved down people throats!!!! we just gonna sit here and forget that mr.steriod was getting the Goldberg chants at first????

Is that necessarily a bad thing? Kurt Angle got told that he sucked for years. Even when he was a face, there for a while at the end. It's all in fun.

Quote:
having a catch phrase does not = charisma....

Having the crowd chant said catchphrase in deafening volumes, however....

Quote:
lets see him cut a legit promo and then we can talk about how he has a charismatic edge over Cesaro

Let's see Cesaro cut one.......

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

Being marketed well /= good.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Mayor of Murderwood
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

It's worked for Cena, hasn't it?

This is an industry where "skills" are secondary to "marketability".

Hogan wasn't worth a ******** in the ring, either, but he outsold absolutely anyone else in his era. Possibly still today.

That said, I don't think Ryback's nearly as bad as people are making him out to be, just because "He's a Goldberg clone!" So ******** what? Abyss has always been a Kane / Foley clone, and people never seemed to mind it.

And as it pertains to Cesaro, he's not especially original, himself. Seems somewhere between the Unamericans, and Cody Rhodes (in that he has no ******** clue how to stick with a gimmick, and make it work).

Honestly, I'd like to see both of them succeed, but when you really look at it from the business perspective (rather than the "internet smark" indie fanboy perspective), Ryback is marketable, and Cesaro is currently not.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel
Mayor of Murderwood
black_wing_angel
Bad News Blaze

It's worked for Cena, hasn't it?

Well yes, Cena has reaped the benefits of being marketed well. You'd be hard pressed to say that his marketability overtakes his skill, when he's, at best, in the upper midrange of wrestling talent (based on how he started to where he is now, as well as factoring in injuries and time off).

Quote:
This is an industry where "skills" are secondary to "marketability".

Hogan wasn't worth a ******** in the ring, either, but he outsold absolutely anyone else in his era. Possibly still today.

The difference here is that Hogan and Cena's stock were/are high, respectively. In a world where Vince runs WWE, if you're not John Cena, your stock will be guaranteed to fluctuate over a period of months before ultimately being tossed to either the midcard or curtain-jerking. Ryback, in this case, was on a high due to him being back from injury and having a more positive attitude backstage, even being considered for a match with Triple H. Recently, however, he's cooled off. Fun fact: Ryback was originally slated to be in Ziggler's position at Survivor Series.

Quote:
That said, I don't think Ryback's nearly as bad as people are making him out to be, just because "He's a Goldberg clone!" So ******** what? Abyss has always been a Kane / Foley clone, and people never seemed to mind it.

I agree; I don't get the comparison to Goldberg, given that Big E seems to fit that mold much better. I'm just not that impressed with him, similar to my disinterest with Sheamus, Rusev, Big Show, and other "big guy doing big guy things" molds.

Quote:
And as it pertains to Cesaro, he's not especially original, himself. Seems somewhere between the Unamericans, and Cody Rhodes (in that he has no ******** clue how to stick with a gimmick, and make it work).

The problem with Cesaro doesn't really have a lot to do with Cesaro. Its a creative issue. Yes, Cesaro has an issue sticking with one gimmick, but that's because he's being handed SEVERAL (going from swiss rugby guy to Real American to Heyman Guy to...well...nothing, at this point) while Vince twiddles his thumb, uses his wads of cash as a fleshlight, and going back and forth on whether or not he should give Cesaro a push.

I do agree that Cesaro could use some work with promos and building a character, but otherwise I don't see much reason to keep him down.

Quote:
Honestly, I'd like to see both of them succeed, but when you really look at it from the business perspective (rather than the "internet smark" indie fanboy perspective), Ryback is marketable, and Cesaro is currently not.

Actually, neither are currently marketable. At the end of the day, it comes down to how they are booked, and how much merch they can push. Ryback has been put on a slope downward, as indicated by his Survivor Series match. Cesaro just hasn't been booked well since WrestleMania.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It was hard to finish reading when you mentioned the Championship is not what matters. Then I saw the picture in your sig that reminds me of a troll. Well played. emotion_brofist

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The Lunatic Fringe
It was hard to finish reading when you mentioned the Championship is not what matters. Then I saw the picture in your sig that reminds me of a troll. Well played. emotion_brofist

He was relaying what Vince actually said on Austin's podcast...so he wasn't trolling. McMahon actually believes that.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Rumblestiltskin
The Lunatic Fringe

He was relaying what Vince actually said on Austin's podcast...so he wasn't trolling. McMahon actually believes that.
Oh s**t. That explains all the talking in the ring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff