Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Knight

1,800 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

During the match on RAW this past Monday night involving Ryan "Ryback" Reeves and Matthew "Lord Tensai" Bloom, Reeves attempted to lift Bloom up for his finisher, but was unsuccessful. Bloom was supposed to lift himself up onto the shoulders of Reeves, but failed to do so. A second attempt was made, which was also unsuccessful. This would lead to Reeves changing the finish of the match to a hard clothesline to Bloom.

When both men saw each other backstage shortly after the match, reports indicate that each person blamed the other. Reeves reportedly asked, "What the hell was that?" Bloom then found himself in a heated arguement and a mild shoving match began to ensue until road agent, Shelly "Dean Malenko" Simon, got between them and separated the two parties. Bloom, apparently, thought Reeves was the reason for the botched match ending. Bloom told co-workers, "I wasn't even gonna say anything because I thought the guy just didn't eat enough protein today to lift me. I didn't get mad at him. It happens."

It should be noted that both men successfully performed the finishing maneuver last Tuesday night at the Smackdown! tapings where it is said that Reeves lifted Bloom 50% and Bloom lifted onto Reeves 50%. Reeves claims that their bout on Monday night seemed more like 75% Reeves trying to lift Bloom and Bloom only giving 25% effort to lift himself up.

Some heat is now on Mark "The Undertaker" Calloway because he is the one who suggested to World Wrestling Entertainment officials that Bloom be brought in. Some feel the 39-year-old Bloom is too old to carry that much body weight and lacks the agility to be able to successfully take certain moves.

Neither party is expected to get de-pushed over the incident. There wasn't enough time to re-write the script which saw Reeves return to the ring about an hour later and Bloom isn't high on the card as it is. Some backstage have praised Reeves for handling the situation in a calm manner while in the ring and saving the discussion for backstage when the cameras weren't rolling. Praise also went to him for quickly coming up with a suitable match ending without much time to think.

It is said that WWE Chairman and CEO, Vince McMahon, has traditionally liked having real-life backstage feuds play out on television. However, it seems that the "Ryback" versus "Lord Tensai" feud is over, as both men are going to be kept separated to avoid a further altercation. We'll have more on this story should anything develop.

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Looks like Ryback got fed too much

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Bloom was right...the botch was on Ryback. He wasn't getting under him at all and was trying to lift him with pretty much just his shoulders and neck, which is why it felt like Tensai wasn't helping. I could tell that immediately just from watching Monday night...

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Rumblestiltskin
Bloom was right...the botch was on Ryback. He wasn't getting under him at all and was trying to lift him with pretty much just his shoulders and neck, which is why it felt like Tensai wasn't helping. I could tell that immediately just from watching Monday night...

I don't know, it looked to me like Bloom was just sandbagging. I'd like to chalk it up to a miscommunication, but one can't say for sure. It's just one of those things that happens, sometimes.

Although good on Ryback to quickly improvise. That's something that's critical to a professional grade wrestler.

Big Loverboy

7,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
black_wing_angel
Although good on Ryback to quickly improvise. That's something that's critical to a professional grade wrestler.

Definitently! I'll have to watch it tonight sometime. Didn't get to see it on Monday or Tuesday. 3nodding

Icy Knight

20,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
It looked more like a lift being unassisted by Bloom to me. But with my terrible vision, I might be wrong.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Wheres the source on the backstage altercation...and I pretty sure its all rybacks fault

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Here's the botches. On the first one, Ryback is not getting under Tensai, so that's never going to work. The second one, he tries to adjust, Tensai jumps, but Ryback just doesn't have the strength to get him up. Both are on Ryback there...which means him throwing a hissy fit in the back should not be praised.

Big Loverboy

7,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I didn't know Ryback has done it before-

Look at Albert during the Botch-

I think...Albert went Limp instead of Stiff. o_o' Second time, Albert Clenched Ryback's Leg. with his own leg, it's blantantly obvious on that part.

I think First time was Ryback I think for not going under him (as Kevin above said). Second time was Albert to be honest. The Way Ryback Dropped Albert on the second looks like a sandbagging to me (Dude goes limp and you have to literally carry all of it).

Honestly, I think Albert did that s**t on him the second time. How do you lift the same guy barely 6 days later? It's not like he could have put on THAT much more weight. And Ryback looked like Ryback, so it didn't look like Ryback Slouched on his Workout. o_o

I still say Rybacks on roids though >_>...
What do they mean neither will be de-pushed. Bloom hasn't been pushed at all for a long time. Sad really, because the character was awesome. He should just go back to Japan.

Mega Lunatic

First was definitely Ryback, but second was on Tensai. You can see Ryback try to correct himself the second time, but either Tensai isn't ready for it or is simply not helping.

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Blaze N 3D
Wheres the source on the backstage altercation...and I pretty sure its all rybacks fault

Takes two guys to successfully pull off that lift, especially with someone the size of Albert.

Even when on ignore, I can still logically beat you.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Eflow Nivek
First was definitely Ryback, but second was on Tensai. You can see Ryback try to correct himself the second time, but either Tensai isn't ready for it or is simply not helping.

Actually, second one is still Ryback. Tensai did what he needed to do...which was jump. Ryback put him too far to his right, so all the weight was on one side, which was why he was only able to take him up part of the way. If he were evenly displaced, he would have gotten him up. The fault here is all on Ryback. He tried to treat Tensai like one of the 100 pound jobbers, and he failed to get him up...and instead of taking responsibility for it, he threw a fit and blamed Tensai.
Rumblestiltskin

Here's the botches. On the first one, Ryback is not getting under Tensai, so that's never going to work. The second one, he tries to adjust, Tensai jumps, but Ryback just doesn't have the strength to get him up. Both are on Ryback there...which means him throwing a hissy fit in the back should not be praised.

your kidding right? ryback was under the first time,and the second lift wasn't going to work,but anyone with a pair of eyes could see tensai NOT jumping to get into the position. im putting the blame on tensai and giving ryback credit for coming up with the finish and at least attempting to try a different position the second time round. but this is wrestling,s**t like this will happen every now and then.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
HellsLostAngel
Rumblestiltskin

your kidding right? ryback was under the first time,and the second lift wasn't going to work,but anyone with a pair of eyes could see tensai NOT jumping to get into the position. im putting the blame on tensai and giving ryback credit for coming up with the finish and at least attempting to try a different position the second time round. but this is wrestling,s**t like this will happen every now and then.

No, I'm not kidding. On the first one, Ryback's HEAD was under Tensai...and that was about it. He tried to lift him like he was one of the 100 pound jobbers he'd been fed, and that s**t was never going to work no matter if Tensai helped or not. He was never going to be able to lift Tensai like that, and for all those muscles, you'd assume he'd work out, so you'd assume he'd know that.

The second one, he was doing it the way he should have done it: trying to pick him up from the side so that he can get all the weight on to his shoulders. The problem was, he placed his head in the wrong place so that all of Tensai's weight would be on his right shoulder. Tensai jumped, Skip got him up a bit, but because he couldn't distribute the weight evenly, he couldn't get him all the way up.

Both were on Ryback. Watch the clip again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games