• Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
Rumblestiltskin
Kaiser Khorosho
JAKE R0BERTS
Top to bottom great pay-per-view. Gotta love that Bray Wyatt.

Opening and closing match were good. The rest was a snoozefest, except for Sandow.

Yeah, I feel like I skipped most of the show. Nothing really seemed all that interesting. In fact, I was more confused than interested. If Cena had to face Orton because he lost his chance to fight Ambrose, why was he being rewarded with a chance at a title shot instead of Ambrose and Rollins? Also, why do we need yet another Brock/Cena match? And I'm kind of pissed that the announcers acted like no one had ever started a Hell in a Cell match on top of the cage before...Foley must be shedding a few tears right now.

Also, after having watched King of Trios and Battle of Los Angeles before I watched HIAC, I've noticed one of the biggest reasons why WWE is in a real slump. When CHIKARA or PWG are trying to get someone over, they do it through actions. When CHIKARA is trying to get the Devastation Corporation over (who are really the only members of the Flood that are over at all or used correctly it seems), they have them beat tough opponents. When PWG was getting Kyle O' Reilly over, they gave him some big wins. When WWE wants someone to get over....they just have the announcers tell you he's over. Case in point, Ziggler. Love Ziggler to death, but even though I haven't been watching, I seriously doubt he's made the IC title any more relevant than it's been in the last ten years. And having Cole just tell people that Ziggler is a great IC champ, even though he hasn't done anything to justify that, ruins the credibility of the announcers...not that any of the three have any credibility at this point anyway.

Did you see the match he had with Cesaro? He beat him handedly, without Cesaro looking like he was slouching. It is was the match of the night, and with Ziggler kicking out of Cesaro's best moves and selling it like only Ziggler can, I honestly think that some prestige has come back to the IC title.

There I go being optimistic again...just watch. They'll slap the title on Bo Dallas and try to push him because he beat Ziggler. emotion_facepalm

I'm not saying Ziggler doesn't put on good matches...but that's not what makes a title prestigious. It's the storylines that do that. You have to do more with the title to make it worth something, and WWE won't do that, because their idea of storytelling is "and then we'll have Cole tell the fans to think this."

And I wouldn't mind a Bo/Ziggler feud over the belt...as long as they're doing something with it to try to make it mean something...

In that case there's no prestige at all anymore. Lesnar probably isn't defending his title til the Rumble, which means Cena lost it, then lost his rematch, then Lesnar's taking a 4-5 month break. THIS IS THE BIGGEST TITLE IN WWE and the guy wearing it is only defending it twice in six months.

IMO, this makes Ziggler BY FAR the more prestigious champion with wins alone. Story lines aren't involved in title matches anymore; it distracts from the drama. And since the introduction of MITB, and the 80% success rate, the prestige doesn't mean much unless the champion defends it.

It really bums me out. sad

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kaiser Khorosho
In that case there's no prestige at all anymore. Lesnar probably isn't defending his title til the Rumble, which means Cena lost it, then lost his rematch, then Lesnar's taking a 4-5 month break. THIS IS THE BIGGEST TITLE IN WWE and the guy wearing it is only defending it twice in six months.

No...the world title is still more prestigious. Why? Because everyone wants to be world champion. It's the most prestigious title in the company...Lesnar's not being around to defend it doesn't cheapen it at all, mostly cause it's part of the storyline (which would be more apparent if WWE did anything with that...like showing clips of Lesnar just chilling at his home with the belt). Let's look at it this way: If Ziggler won the world title tomorrow and WWE told him he had to vacate one of his titles...which title do you think he'd give up....

Quote:
IMO, this makes Ziggler BY FAR the more prestigious champion with wins alone. Story lines aren't involved in title matches anymore; it distracts from the drama. And since the introduction of MITB, and the 80% success rate, the prestige doesn't mean much unless the champion defends it.

It really bums me out. sad

Storylines aren't the only determining factor in making a title prestigious. I mean, technically "I beat you on RAW, so now I should get a title shot!" is a storyline...it's also the only storyline they've been using for the midcard titles for the past ten years. But good storylines do help. Hell, when Austin and Rock were feuding over the IC title (before they both got big), that storyline was actually more interesting than what was going on with the world title. But, with WWE's piss poor creative team, I don't think we'll be seeing anything like that for a long time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff