Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Nelson Frazier, Jr also known as Viscera, Mabel, and Big Daddy V has passed away from a heart attack at the age of 43.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0218/570360/former-wwe-superstar-nelson-frazier-big-daddy-v-reportedly/

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0219/570361/more-on-former-wwe-star-nelson-frazier-big-daddy-v-passing-away/

Original Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
King Mabel. You will...Rest...In...Peace. Unngh.

Quotable Hunter

I was about to say. I didn't expect to see this topic here even though the news is several hours old. I was going to make the topic myself due to how stupid all the wrestling marks that post here are since they don't post here as much as people from Wrestlezone forums, Rajah, or 411Mania. The lack of posts that this topic has just showcases just how little you mother ******** cocksucking bitches care about wrestling and is the main reason why I don't post here since any awesome topic I make would have to wait several hours for one reply to be made, and that's on a good day.

On topic: While Viscera wasn't as good in the ring as he might look, I always had a bit of a soft side for him when it comes to hopefully getting a push. I guess it could be his style of wrestling, but I felt if he had gotten a little more training, his matches could of had been much better than what we were use to from him, and that he could at least have as good of a run as Mark Henry has had lately. Also, I always enjoyed his Ministry of Darkness gimmick more than any other, I guess that's the Attitude Era mark in me that's talking.

RIP Viscera.
Sad to hear R.I.P
i remember him.
he used to be an ally of lex luger in the mid 1990s when they were fighting ted dibiase's million dollar team.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Yobyaxes L
I was about to say. I didn't expect to see this topic here even though the news is several hours old. I was going to make the topic myself due to how stupid all the wrestling marks that post here are since they don't post here as much as people from Wrestlezone forums, Rajah, or 411Mania. The lack of posts that this topic has just showcases just how little you mother ******** cocksucking bitches care about wrestling and is the main reason why I don't post here since any awesome topic I make would have to wait several hours for one reply to be made, and that's on a good day.

On topic: While Viscera wasn't as good in the ring as he might look, I always had a bit of a soft side for him when it comes to hopefully getting a push. I guess it could be his style of wrestling, but I felt if he had gotten a little more training, his matches could of had been much better than what we were use to from him, and that he could at least have as good of a run as Mark Henry has had lately. Also, I always enjoyed his Ministry of Darkness gimmick more than any other, I guess that's the Attitude Era mark in me that's talking.

RIP Viscera.

Oh, I remember you. And it's quite the late time to reply, but goddamn you're an idiot. And that's all I'll say on the matter. mrgreen

Quotable Hunter

Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L

RIP Viscera.

Oh, I remember you. And it's quite the late time to reply, but goddamn you're an idiot. And that's all I'll say on the matter. mrgreen

Obviously not explaining why I am, which in turn doesn't make you right.

Only 4 replies on this topic after the news broke, definitely shows the collective idiocy of this folder.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L

RIP Viscera.

Only 4 replies on this topic after the news broke, definitely shows the collective idiocy of this folder.

Looook maaaan, quit playing the tough guy act! You've been doing it since forever, which is why you were never exactly loved by the people here. Relax, take a chill pill; no need to take things so seriously. :B

Quotable Hunter

Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L

RIP Viscera.

Looook maaaan, quit playing the tough guy act! You've been doing it since forever, which is why you were never exactly loved by the people here. Relax, take a chill pill; no need to take things so seriously. :B

I'm not exactly loved here because I'm the only one of us that has any wrestling knowledge.

Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L

RIP Viscera.

I'm not exactly loved here because I'm the only one of us that has any wrestling knowledge.

Or maybe it's because you're acting like a complete smark?

Quotable Hunter

Rog Fulace
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L
Juanito Shet
Yobyaxes L

RIP Viscera.

Or maybe it's because you're acting like a complete smark?

That's only because I am.

Hilarious Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
By admitting that you're a smark, Yobyaxes L, you are admitting that you are unaffiliated with the actual business, and therefore do not know EVERYTHING about it. You do not know what goes into making booking decisions. You do not know everything that goes on backstage. Can you tell me why someone as physically imposing as Mr. Frazier never won a major title in WWF/E even once? Can you tell me why Tazz and Mike Adamle walked out on a broadcast of WWE's ECW program just before the main event started, resulting in a main event that had no announcers? Can you tell me for sure whether or not intoxication was a factor in why Jim Ross left the WWE in 2013?

You are a smart mark. A smart fan. Don't act like you're any company's Chief Operating Officer, or that you possess the one crystal ball in the world that allows someone to see the inner workings of the professional wrestling industry. That being said, if someone says something that is, in fact, wrong, use your knowledge to educate them WITHOUT becoming the Damien Sandow of Gaia. Be polite. Insults do no good. And who knows, you might even learn something in the process, too.

The fact that I even had to say any of that is really rather sad.

Quotable Hunter

Comic_Book_Joker
By admitting that you're a smark, Yobyaxes L, you are admitting that you are unaffiliated with the actual business, and therefore do not know EVERYTHING about it. You do not know what goes into making booking decisions. You do not know everything that goes on backstage. Can you tell me why someone as physically imposing as Mr. Frazier never won a major title in WWF/E even once? Can you tell me why Tazz and Mike Adamle walked out on a broadcast of WWE's ECW program just before the main event started, resulting in a main event that had no announcers? Can you tell me for sure whether or not intoxication was a factor in why Jim Ross left the WWE in 2013?

You are a smart mark. A smart fan. Don't act like you're any company's Chief Operating Officer, or that you possess the one crystal ball in the world that allows someone to see the inner workings of the professional wrestling industry. That being said, if someone says something that is, in fact, wrong, use your knowledge to educate them WITHOUT becoming the Damien Sandow of Gaia. Be polite. Insults do no good. And who knows, you might even learn something in the process, too.

The fact that I even had to say any of that is really rather sad.

When did I say I knew everything. I know I don't but I already know I'm smarter than the vast majority of people that post on this folder, especially due to their short attention spans that only focuses on the current product and not on the past.

And if you feel upset about having written that, then why did you write it? And why didn't you quote me when you wrote it?

Hilarious Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Yobyaxes L
When did I say I knew everything. I know I don't but I already know I'm smarter than the vast majority of people that post on this folder, especially due to their short attention spans that only focuses on the current product and not on the past.

And if you feel upset about having written that, then why did you write it? And why didn't you quote me when you wrote it?

The lack of quoting was an oversight on my part; I've been away from Gaia for some time, and just plain forgot that you could do that. Raising a child takes a lot of time. You'll be quoted from this point on. Also, I wasn't so much upset, just saddened, and not about the act of writing it, but because someone can have, or at least appear to have, so much contempt for people that they should be having well-thought discussions with, instead of pissing contests.

You may not have said you know everything, but stating that you're smarter just because they want to talk about the modern product is just as closed-minded. The modern product deserves just as much conversation, if not more, because the modern product is happening today. It's not the Attitude Era (sometimes I really wish it was, but that's a conversation for another time), or even the Ruthless Aggression era. I might be taking you out of context, and if I am, I apologize, but we're talking about two almost entirely different beasts.

Trying to compare either of those eras to the WWE Universe era of today isn't even like trying to compare apples to oranges. It's more like trying to compare apples to Apple computers: they're both called Apples, but that's about it for comparisons. There's only a few things that stand in comparison between then and now (these are my opinions, and I invite any constructive discussions these may attract):

* The Shield is being packaged as the new D-Generation X. I came to this conclusion at the end of the 'Shield Summit' segment a few weeks ago, and when the Shield attacked Kane the following Raw. Few groups can come in entirely heel or face, suffer a near break, and patch things up with all members still in AND with all members completing a face/heel turn. If they can win at WM 30 (and let's face it, with the mountain of momentum they're getting, who'd bet against them?), we're looking at another half a year, minimum, with them, which would make them one of the longest-lasting non-family stables in recent WWE history.

* Triple H is the best heel WWE has today, but hasn't been able to show us that fact for YEARS, until recently. Mr. McMahon tactics do not translate as well when done by HHH, who we all know is one of the toughest guys in the company, and doesn't need to hide behind a suit. Fact: Immediately after tearing one of his quads for the first time, he told Jericho to put him in the Walls of Jericho anyways. His recent assault on Daniel Bryan was not only the kind of build-up that feud needed after several lackluster weeks of programming, it was a strong reminder why he has the moniker 'The Cerebral Assassin'. That beating, though horrible by WWE Universe era standards, is tame compared to some of his previous stuff (Proof: turn on WWE Network, and watch his match in Royal Rumble 2000 [Street Fight against Cactus Jack]). This isn't even the first time his true abilities as a heel have been hidden, only to leap out of nowhere. It took years in the industry, a number of which were in the WWF, to even be given a chance at a top spot. Once he got that chance, after Shawn Michaels left due to his back injury, he led D-X to the top of the industry, and then became the top heel in the company via the McMahon-Helmsley era.

* "Yes!" is the new "What?" I would love for someone to try to prove that wrong.

These are some of my opinions, and I'd love to debate them if anyone wants to. They also serve as a reminder that you can tie in the Attitude Era with the current product without belittling anyone.

Side notes regarding the Hall of Fame this year: I'd love to see the whole Kliq make an appearance this year, since Scott Hall is getting inducted. I'd also like to see Diamond Dallas Page, since he's been instrumental in getting both Hall and Jake 'The Snake' Roberts clean in the last year. Lastly, I'm curious to see if C.M. Punk will be in attendance, since his good friend Lita is getting inducted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff