Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
So as I'm sure many of you are aware by now, tonight's Main Event match between Kaitlyn and AJ Lee was Kaitlyn's final match in WWE, since she quit to pursue an as yet undisclosed "awesome huge project."

Since the show was taped before they could legally announce her resignation, neither the announcers nor the audience knew that this was her farewell (although maybe the announcers could have been pretending not to know). But AJ clearly knew. Their match tonight had a far different tone. AJ extended her hand to Kaitlyn beforehand, they shook, and the match began. The second time she offered her hand a couple of minutes in, she used it to fake Kaitlyn out, most likely trying to throw the audience off guard so they didn't question why she was being so friendly tonight. I was pulling so hard for Kaitlyn to win, hoping she could leave with a win, but unfortunately it was not to be. AJ won after a long, rousing, intense fight, and Kaitlyn, dismayed, got up and overlooked the ring for a bit before walking off. AJ then glomped Kaitlyn. Yes, she ran up to her, jumped into her arms, and gave her a big sweet hug with a loving look on her face. The announcers either were or acted surprised and confused, and I'll bet the audience wondered what the heck was going on. (I wanted them to kiss so bad) They didn't know it then, but we know today, that had to have been a secret signal to her saying, "I wish you good luck in everything you do, and I'll miss you." Then, to cover it up and deflect any suspicion from the audience, Tamina came in and bashed Kaitlyn from behind with a painful-looking kick, and AJ shrugged and joined in with a shot of her own. Kaitlyn walked backstage defeated. And she shall never return.

Although she didn't win, I think it was a very good sendoff for her, for what it's worth. The fact she lost is probably also meant to indicate that even without Kaitlyn for a rival, AJ will continue dominating for a long time coming. Plus, how many times has a Divas match been the main event of a show? That's something you don't see every day, that's for sure. (and it was hot)

Farewell, Kaitlyn. You were the first wrestler I ever sided with, and my gateway into the fandom. I wish you all the best in whatever you do in the future, and I swear on my replica Divas belt that I will support whatever this project is however I can. Thank you for giving me someone to look up to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image cry User Image

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I get the feeling her time in the WWE didn't work out well because she was pushed onto the main roster too fast. I liked her and everything, and she actually put on some really good matches with AJ, but she was just never that good in the ring...far better than most of the Divas, but being better than garbage isn't that much to speak of. Oh well...hope she does well in whatever she's moving on to.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Gone, and already forgotten. 3nodding

...I swear, guys....I'm not a misogynist. I just want more from my female wrestlers, than glorified fashion models...

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
I pretty much figured something was going to happen, when they pretty much just threw her in matches. Plus that whole time she didn't ever appear. confused

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Jump Start Boot 100
black_wing_angel

...I swear, guys....I'm not a misogynist. I just want more from my female wrestlers, than glorified fashion models...
Well Kaitlyn was one of the strongest and most capable, I'd say... it's really just what they did with her storyline that made her look less credible. She pretty much got the short end of the stick, which isn't fair cause she had so much more potential than what they let her do.

Kind of like when they started making Big Show into this big crybaby. He can easily kill anyone on the roster, but they mollify him and make him look like a 450 pound sulky wimp.

I really don't understand the writers a lot of the time... stare
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
basselope7
black_wing_angel

Well Kaitlyn was one of the strongest and most capable, I'd say... it's really just what they did with her storyline that made her look less credible. She pretty much got the short end of the stick, which isn't fair cause she had so much more potential than what they let her do.

Kind of like when they started making Big Show into this big crybaby. He can easily kill anyone on the roster, but they mollify him and make him look like a 450 pound sulky wimp.

Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They can write a mean soap opera...but that's not wrestling.

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Dion Necurat
basselope7
black_wing_angel

They can write a mean soap opera...but that's not wrestling.
Exactly. A lot of the ones with so much potential they end up giving the most useless and ridiculous parts. It's a show about fighting and power and ability, and yet they take the most capable ones and make them into laughingstocks in favor of pumping up the stupid ones and giving the illusion that they are powerhouses.

Frickin' geniuses. mad

Interesting Sweetheart

Rumblestiltskin
I get the feeling her time in the WWE didn't work out well because she was pushed onto the main roster too fast. I liked her and everything, and she actually put on some really good matches with AJ, but she was just never that good in the ring...far better than most of the Divas, but being better than garbage isn't that much to speak of. Oh well...hope she does well in whatever she's moving on to.

She did have that damn wicked spear though.

Nuclear Disaster

That's a damn shame. I really liked Kaitlyn. Her whole feud with AJ was amazing, and she did a better spear than Edge.

Dangerous Noob

I'll miss her boobs

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Larry The Kitsune
I'll miss her boobs

They DID look nice, didn't they? xd

In all seriousness, I'm a bit sad to see her go too. I saw potential in her much like some of you did, but it was potential that was never exploited and used.

I honestly thought she'd be pushed properly when she became Diva's Champion, and when she lost it and failed to regain it, I knew it was over for her.

Oh well. Back to not caring about the Diva's division again, I guess. Even AJ can't keep me watching it.

11,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Juanito Shet
Larry The Kitsune
I'll miss her boobs

In all seriousness, I'm a bit sad to see her go too. I saw potential in her much like some of you did, but it was potential that was never exploited and used.

I honestly thought she'd be pushed properly when she became Diva's Champion, and when she lost it and failed to regain it, I knew it was over for her.

Oh well. Back to not caring about the Diva's division again, I guess. Even AJ can't keep me watching it.

They should have kept Ziggler, AJ, and Big E as a stable.

Though Ziggler cashing in was the peaking point, it was also the turning point. Ziggler was immediately shoved to the midcard after his face turn (God forbid we have a face besides Cena, Bryan, and Punk) with no more storylines. AJ is shoved to the side for the Total Bimbos to have twice as much tv time. And Big E is now thrown into random matches to stay relevant.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Yulister
Juanito Shet
Larry The Kitsune
I'll miss her boobs

They should have kept Ziggler, AJ, and Big E as a stable.

Though Ziggler cashing in was the peaking point, it was also the turning point. Ziggler was immediately shoved to the midcard after his face turn (God forbid we have a face besides Cena, Bryan, and Punk) with no more storylines. AJ is shoved to the side for the Total Bimbos to have twice as much tv time. And Big E is now thrown into random matches to stay relevant.

Yeah, it probably would have been for the best. It probably would have kept my interest in them.

Why the WWE loves to push people and then bury them so all their work and investment goes to waste is beyond me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff