Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Elena Kiara
Hey all! x3 Seriously, I don't get why Bo gets haters who say Bo-ring or Bo-leave like Daniel Bryan said. My dad and I find it refreshing to have someone who's kind of too happy and too nice who tries to inspire people.
He's usually the highlight of most shows for us since the fight with the authority has been feeling a little bland after a while. xD

Is anyone here a Boliever?

He gets heat for the same main reason Cena does. He's a goddamn goody two-shoes, in a world built for anti-heroes. The goody-two-shoes character trope has not been welcome in the WWE (or pro wrestling in general), since Austin told Vince to kiss his a**.

The difference between Bo and Cena is that Bo's a heel. He's overly nice to cover up his douchebag nature...which, is kind of what Cena does...only Bo does it as a gimmick...Cena's just a douche in real life...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Elena Kiara
Hey all! x3 Seriously, I don't get why Bo gets haters who say Bo-ring or Bo-leave like Daniel Bryan said. My dad and I find it refreshing to have someone who's kind of too happy and too nice who tries to inspire people.
He's usually the highlight of most shows for us since the fight with the authority has been feeling a little bland after a while. xD

He gets heat for the same main reason Cena does. He's a goddamn goody two-shoes, in a world built for anti-heroes. The goody-two-shoes character trope has not been welcome in the WWE (or pro wrestling in general), since Austin told Vince to kiss his a**.

The difference between Bo and Cena is that Bo's a heel. He's overly nice to cover up his douchebag nature...which, is kind of what Cena does...only Bo does it as a gimmick...Cena's just a douche in real life...

Of course. And all the heat just means he's doing a damn fine job, and I wish him well in his career. Because he annoys the ever loving hell out of me. Exactly as he's supposed to.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Elena Kiara

Of course. And all the heat just means he's doing a damn fine job, and I wish him well in his career. Because he annoys the ever loving hell out of me. Exactly as he's supposed to.

I think it'll be a short-lived run, personally. It's an awesome gimmick, but I can see it getting stale real fast, unless he's in small doses (the real selling point is the things he says to his opponents) and can put on better matches. Plus, with the way Vince has been souring on gimmicky guys from NXT real quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear the same about Bo in a few months.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Elena Kiara

I think it'll be a short-lived run, personally. It's an awesome gimmick, but I can see it getting stale real fast, unless he's in small doses (the real selling point is the things he says to his opponents) and can put on better matches. Plus, with the way Vince has been souring on gimmicky guys from NXT real quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear the same about Bo in a few months.

Especially given the...uh....financial troubles.

But while the Bo-Leive thing absolutely has a short shelf-life, his ability to sell it, and get exactly the reaction he's looking for, does look good on his resume, when it's time to get a new angle. Possibly a more serious one.

I mean, look at his brother. Once a complete nobody named Husky Harris who was set to fail by design, now a much more interesting and charismatic character that has genuine potential for longevity and accolade.

A lot of guys have gone through s**t gimmicks. It seems like a "test run", and "rite of passage", really. The Ringmaster, Rocky Maivia...the list goes on.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Especially given the...uh....financial troubles.

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about that. But yeah, there's that too. Though, since he's new to the roster (sort of), I don't think he'd get fired this year. They'd probably do to him what they did with Tyson Kidd: send him back down to NXT to help put over the up and comers.

Quote:
But while the Bo-Leive thing absolutely has a short shelf-life, his ability to sell it, and get exactly the reaction he's looking for, does look good on his resume, when it's time to get a new angle. Possibly a more serious one.

Now that you mention it, I can see it. He's a god awful baby face, but, given the right motivation, he could probably do a "heel-turn"...which would be hilarious...going from "heel" to heel. He still needs to step up his game in-ring though. He's not bad, he just needs to find his stride.

Quote:
I mean, look at his brother. Once a complete nobody named Husky Harris who was set to fail by design, now a much more interesting and charismatic character that has genuine potential for longevity and accolade.

Eh, the two aren't that comparable, honestly. Even as Husky, people were behind him. In fact, I remember a lot of people, myself included, were kind of ticked that he was sent back down to developmental. The guy can go in the ring. He's also a great promo, but it definitely was the best thing for him career-wise, as he's stumbled upon something that is going to set him up for life.

Quote:
A lot of guys have gone through s**t gimmicks. It seems like a "test run", and "rite of passage", really. The Ringmaster, Rocky Maivia...the list goes on.

Well, let's be honest...Rock's wasn't so much of a "here, let's give him this goofy gimmick"...they legit thought people would get behind him. And if it were the 80s, they might have. But he had the bad luck of getting a super babyface gimmick in an era that was tired of that clean nose crap. In fact, if it were the 80s and he didn't get over, he would have been ********. He's kind of lucky that he was working in the era he was and was surrounded by the talent that he was (he really wasn't that great of a promo guy until after he joined the Nation).

All the other gimmicky s**t...that's not really done as a "rite of passage" as much as it's "know your place, impudent swine!" Mostly, anyway. There are few exceptions, like the Hurricane Helms gimmick...which was his idea. I think Eugene was Nick Dinsmore's idea as well. But "Ringmaster" was a total slap in the face, cause WWE (and even WWF back then) are really bad about managing talent...especially talent that is over in spite of what they want (Ryder, Ziggler, after Jericho's epic debut he was doing nothing, Bryan when he first entered WWE, every WCW guy brought over in the buyout, every ECW guy brought over in the buyout, Goldberg...the list goes on and on...and I'm not saying none of these guys eventually got over in WWF/E, but a lot of them were given a s**t hand for getting over on their own despite what WWE wanted).
Personally I find him more creepy the the Wyatts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff