Welcome to Gaia! ::

– WWE Champion CM Punk spoke out on the topic of same sex marriage and Amendment 1 Monday morning on Twitter. Amendment 1 is a controversial topic in North Carolina, as it will define marriage in the state constitution as between one man and one woman, and would ban any other type of “domestic legal union” such as civil unions and domestic partnerships.

Punk wrote, “Amendment 1 is ridiculous. It’s an invasion of people’s rights. North Carolina, why do you care if somebody wants to marry who they love?” Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it’s illegal is embarrassing.”

He continued, “Divorce rate is at least 50% between men and women, so don’t give me the values angle. Making same sex marriage illegal is the same as having segregated drinking fountains. Embarrassing. The human race is embarrassing. #evolve”

One of Punk’s Twitter followers disagreed with his beliefs, writing to the WWE Superstar, “Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo’s make me sick.” Punk posted his message and wrote “Kill yourself” in response.

So much for anti-bullying what do you guys think did CM punk go to far by telling a fan that will there be any repercussions for this?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
1) Punk's right on the same-sex marriage thing, and I'm proud that he would stand up for that.

2) No, I don't think he went too far. Do you honestly think this guy is going to go "well...Punk told me to kill myself. I guess I better do it." No. He's an ignorant ********, and Punk treated him as such. And while it doesn't speak well to the anti-bullying campaign, a) you can't classify this as bullying. b) it's not like the B.A.* program is taken seriously even in WWE programming (the Bella Twins mocking Kharma for her weight and then being shown in the ******** commercials, the Rock-Cena mic war). I'll understand if the WWE forces Punk to apologize to this p***k, but I'd prefer they didn't and just let this one slide.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Wait.. People are STILL shocked when Punk becomes Punk when people tell him dumb things on twitter

Is life really that boring for you?
IndystarX
Wait.. People are STILL shocked when Punk becomes Punk when people tell him dumb things on twitter

No not really i just brought this up for discussion as this is a forum i pulled this from the dirtsheets if you don't want to discuss it gtfo

User Image

also i agree with Kevin

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX

We're in the Gaia PW forum...what do you think?

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
kevin3485
I'll understand if the WWE forces Punk to apologize to this p***k, but I'd prefer they didn't and just let this one slide.

Looks like they did. He just made a three or four tweet apology for losing his cool over the topic. The story was apparently picked up on a UK newspaper site too which brought up the Punk/homo incident from an Australian show, d'oh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/wwes-cm-punk-tweets-kill-823344

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
lostphrack
kevin3485
I'll understand if the WWE forces Punk to apologize to this p***k, but I'd prefer they didn't and just let this one slide.

Looks like they did. He just made a three or four tweet apology for losing his cool over the topic. The story was apparently picked up on a UK newspaper site too which brought up the Punk/homo incident from an Australian show, d'oh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/wwes-cm-punk-tweets-kill-823344

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised...but I'm glad he apologized for losing his cool and not for his sentiment towards the guy.
All I can say is, go Punk. 3nodding

Somebody has to put idiots like this in their place.

11,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
It's okay to mock the weight of wrestler (bigshow/kharma) on Television.

But if you think for ONE SECOND, that insulting an idiotic homophobe on WWE's Precious Twitter Is okay, then they are gonna get Linda all up on your a**.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
OK CM Punk has gone to far hes really losing me lately anyway You cant just tell people to kill themselves because they disagree with you.. Out of all people you should be the one respecting someones opinion.. It doesent mateer how strong you feel about something there is never a good reason to advocate sucide you could have disagreed in so many other ways and you are really good at speaking but you stoop down to primitive means to defend your opinion thats pretty low

Aged Hero

5,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Dressed Up 200
If people take Punk seriously and actually kill themselves, I will be shocked. Punk was defending what he thought, which is personally correct in my opinion. There is a separation in Church and State people, been like that for a while.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Blazein3D
OK CM Punk has gone to far hes really losing me lately anyway You cant just tell people to kill themselves because they disagree with you.. Out of all people you should be the one respecting someones opinion.. It doesent mateer how strong you feel about something there is never a good reason to advocate sucide you could have disagreed in so many other ways and you are really good at speaking but you stoop down to primitive means to defend your opinion thats pretty low

Wait wait wait...you're saying that Punk should respect the opposing opinion of someone who doesn't respect his opposing opinion? ******** that. And he's not advocating suicide...he was insulting the guy. The dude is obviously not going to go kill himself just because CM Punk told him too. Can we stop being so uptight about this s**t?

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
kevin3485
Blazein3D

Wait wait wait...you're saying that Punk should respect the opposing opinion of someone who doesn't respect his opposing opinion? ******** that. And he's not advocating suicide...he was insulting the guy. The dude is obviously not going to go kill himself just because CM Punk told him too. Can we stop being so uptight about this s**t?

He didnt disrespect Punk at all he only expressed his opinion thats it it doesent matter if the guy kills himself or not its the fact that Punk advocated for Sucide which he clearly did..An CMPunk is a WWE superstar hes a role model soo he really has to watch what he says

Aged Hero

5,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Blazein3D
kevin3485
Blazein3D

He didnt disrespect Punk at all he only expressed his opinion thats it it doesent matter if the guy kills himself or not its the fact that Punk advocated for Sucide which he clearly did..An CMPunk is a WWE superstar hes a role model soo he really has to watch what he says

CM Punk is no role model. Well, he kind of is, but too guys that are in their late teens, and beyond. Cena is the role model for people who dont know any better.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Cphiro
Blazein3D
kevin3485
Blazein3D

CM Punk is no role model. Well, he kind of is, but too guys that are in their late teens, and beyond. Cena is the role model for people who dont know any better.

You cant say CMPunk isnt a Role Model when hes pretty much Straight edge People look up to him wether you wanna beleive it or not.. CMPunk is popular a lot of people know him. hes currently a Face in the wwe so this is going to haunt him maybe not for long but the damage is already done unless the wwe keeps this hush hush

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff