20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
I think in a way Meltzer himself was duped by his source. Or according to The Bleachers Report. Part of me did think that Punk's return; had he appeared on Raw, was a tad bit early. The last time Punk took a break was after Wrestlemania going into Summerslam which was a period of 3-4 months.

If Punk doesn't renew his contract, I will be upset but i'll keep watching the WWE. I'm more pissed off with the fans on tumblr running around claiming Punk quit when there's a high level of uncertainty and zero confirmation.

Unless there's any indication otherwise, its still a valid claim. I'd say at this point, its equally likely that:

-He quit due to dissatisfaction with the company
-He took time off due to an undisclosed injury/health concern
-It is a work (though this looks less likely)

The last two are more likely than the former. If he had quit there would be an announcement of some sort or a statement explaination. The same thing happened when Kaitlyn (Celeste Bonin) or Punk would have said something.

But this isnt the case. Just stupid fans or haters trying to piss off the CM Punk fans because they can.

Not every situation is the same, though.
true its not.

But at this point its hearsay especially with neither side talking. Anyone who believes Punk did quit...well theyre an idiot in every sense.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
I think in a way Meltzer himself was duped by his source. Or according to The Bleachers Report. Part of me did think that Punk's return; had he appeared on Raw, was a tad bit early. The last time Punk took a break was after Wrestlemania going into Summerslam which was a period of 3-4 months.

If Punk doesn't renew his contract, I will be upset but i'll keep watching the WWE. I'm more pissed off with the fans on tumblr running around claiming Punk quit when there's a high level of uncertainty and zero confirmation.

Unless there's any indication otherwise, its still a valid claim. I'd say at this point, its equally likely that:

The last two are more likely than the former. If he had quit there would be an announcement of some sort or a statement explaination. The same thing happened when Kaitlyn (Celeste Bonin) or Punk would have said something.

But this isnt the case. Just stupid fans or haters trying to piss off the CM Punk fans because they can.

true its not.

But at this point its hearsay especially with neither side talking. Anyone who believes Punk did quit...well theyre an idiot in every sense.

Considering there's no evidence, to call them idiots is equally idiotic.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest

true its not.

Considering there's no evidence, to call them idiots is equally idiotic.
Not really.

All we know is that he was going home before Raw after the rumble. Thats all we know.

Vince said Punk's taking a sabbatical. Something we all know to be true.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
queenofsleepingforest

Technically, he hasn't quit. He's still under contract. He's just not showing back up to work. However, the more likely answer is that he did walk out on the company. It wouldn't make sense for them to give him a break considering he was in the middle of a storyline, and Punk's repeatedly talked about how pissed off he's been with the creative direction the WWE's been going in. Now, sure...it's speculation...no one but Punk really knows what's going on with Punk...however, there's a strong chance that that's what's going on.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Rumblestiltskin
queenofsleepingforest

Technically, he hasn't quit. He's still under contract. He's just not showing back up to work. However, the more likely answer is that he did walk out on the company. It wouldn't make sense for them to give him a break considering he was in the middle of a storyline, and Punk's repeatedly talked about how pissed off he's been with the creative direction the WWE's been going in. Now, sure...it's speculation...no one but Punk really knows what's going on with Punk...however, there's a strong chance that that's what's going on.

He's been pissed off at creative for years though. I dont see how this is different. Though Vince supposedly trying to get him to stay is nice.

I'll still hold out hope that he'll come back and wrestle.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
queenofsleepingforest
Rumblestiltskin
queenofsleepingforest

He's been pissed off at creative for years though. I dont see how this is different. Though Vince supposedly trying to get him to stay is nice.

I'll still hold out hope that he'll come back and wrestle.

Yeah, but there's always that point where enough is enough, and I think, knowing that neither he nor Daniel Bryan were going to be the headliner (because if it were Bryan, I think he'd be okay with it...since Bryan is the biggest thing in the WWE right now. But Batista...he had problems with that, as he stated in an interview before he left), he walked out. As much as I like Punk, he's really stubborn when it comes to certain things, and being put down in the undercard with HHH, who would probably job him out on what he was thinking was going to be his last Mania anyway (because he was planning on not renewing his contract when it came up this summer), I think that was the last straw.

If Vince can get him to come back, Vince will be officially known as a miracle worker...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff