Business Cutesmasher

7,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
He had been on hiatus for awhile. This Monday 3/3/14 he is returning to RAW,
News facts about his returning. Just giving out the news. You're welcome. c:

Source:
http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/msn/cm_punk_reportedly_back_at_wwe_raw_chicago/15907897

Dapper Carpenter

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Full closet 200
Street Fighter AIpha
He had been on hiatus for awhile. This Monday 3/3/14 he is returning to RAW,
News facts about his returning. Just giving out the news. You're welcome. c:

Source:
http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/msn/cm_punk_reportedly_back_at_wwe_raw_chicago/15907897
If true, I'm hoping for a good pipe bomb. Maybe he told Vince he wouldn't return unless he could have a live microphone and Vince reluctantly agreed.

HOWEVER, is there a better source than a guy who talked to Meltzer?

"Meltzer did not say it was 100% but did say that he was told by a credible source that Punk would 100% be there. Meltzer also speculated that Punk would be inserted into the WWE championship match making it now a Triple Threat match with Punk vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista."
^ Excerpt from the link.

"Meltzer spoke to another source that confirmed 100% that Bill Goldberg would replace Punk in the WrestleMania main event if Punk were to leave again. Meltzer speculated Bret Hart may show up to extract revenge on Goldberg."
^The link could have easily posted this story too.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I've heard the rumor as well, and while I would be happy to see Punk back yet, who knows if this is an actual story or just another rumor from the IWC that really doesn't have much validity to it. Good news is we won't have to wait long to find out.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I just want closure. If he doesn't renew his contract in a few months, so be it, but I'd hate for his contract to expire after his just disappearing.

Loyal Elder

Now that it's out there he better come or there will be a riot in Chicago.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Zero confirmation? Not being reported elsewhere in the wrestling news world? Must be a baseless rumor.

And here's the million dollar question: even if he did come back, what then? They're already showing that with the unified title their current main event stable needs to be thinned out. It isn't like Punk will get that spot back right away.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Zero confirmation? Not being reported elsewhere in the wrestling news world? Must be a baseless rumor.

And here's the million dollar question: even if he did come back, what then? They're already showing that with the unified title their current main event stable needs to be thinned out. It isn't like Punk will get that spot back right away.

I've actually seen it reported elsewhere...but, it could still be a baseless rumor. That's one of the problems with "wrestling news." Even if it's reported a lot of places, it might still not be true, or even if it's reported in one place, that doesn't mean it's not true. But, like I said, we'll find out tomorrow whether or not this was valid.

And if he does come back, I don't know where they'd put him, because I find it hard to believe that they would reward him for walking out on the company. Still, he's a main eventer, and it's not like they could just have him job to Ryback on the pre-show (the ultimate humiliation). It they put him in the title match, I assume he'll be the one getting pinned by Batista, and if he takes the HHH match, then he'll just be doing the same for Hunter. Still, if he takes the Hunter match, that at least gives me hope for them ending the PPV with Bryan with the title...which they'll probably crush immediately.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mike Johnson puts the situation in a great light.

Article

Quote:
When the CM Punk "Best in the World" DVD came out, I wrote, "While the documentary paints Punk as a happy locker room leader who has found his place, the reality is that his fight isn’t over and probably never will be. He hasn’t been positioned at the top of Wrestlemania. He holds titles but Cena holds the glory. That battle to force himself to the next level hasn’t ended yet. It may never end, but the fact Punk keeps fighting and performing, is damn inspirational."

With the window closed, what was Punk fighting for? Inspirational or not, as 2014 began, there was no fight left in CM Punk, because there truth is, as much as it sucks for Punk and Punk fans, there was nothing to fight for.

WWE had locked in their plans and he was, at best, in the number three match on what could be his final Wrestlemania. So, Punk did the unthinkable. He walked. WWE could have claimed he breached his deal, but he still walked. WWE could have buried him and cut bait, but he still walked. WWE could have felt he was being a baby, but he walked...and in doing so, he made himself a far more valuable asset to himself and to WWE.

Punk cut off communications with just about everybody when he walked. Oh, I am sure the Colt Cabanas and Cliff Comptons of the world are still talking to him, but anyone else, cut off. Twitter? He stopped using it altogether and potentially blocked WWE from following him. A quick search of his Tweets actually shows that with the exception of the weekend he left, Punk hadn't been directly referencing WWE in months, a sign of his underlying anger towards the company that made him his fortune.

Instead, Punk let the rumor mill and the fans do the talking for him. Those within WWE believed he had a concussion and that's what led to him walking. If so, they'd never be able to confirm it. He wasn't talking. A TMZ report squarely placed the blame for Punk's walk-out on Batista, which truth be told, wasn't fair to Batista. Fair or not, that story was picked up as gospel by the masses and hasn't prevented a sizeable amount of fans from rejecting the man designed to be the number one babyface going into Wrestlemania. Add in the Daniel Bryan fans being pissed he isn't in Batista's spot and well, you have a recipe for disaster and the heel turn that began last week. Punk walking out started that ripple effect, whether he designed it that way or not.

Meanwhile, the fans - some weeks louder than others, have been clamoring and chanting for Punk. Some weeks it's a nuisance to WWE and others it's a huge massive cry that can't be ignored and can only make fans watching at home wonder where CM Punk went. Now, tonight, they march into Chicago - the most boisterous, loud, do or die audience in all of the markets WWE runs...and they aren't going to have the hometown hero? One can imagine those chants ringing loudly and constantly all through the broadcasts on the USA Network and the WWE Network. Chicago may have been that rabid for Punk, but the other markets? Not as likely. By walking, Punk revved up the fans that wanted to support him. He didn't need to plead his case. They did it for him.

So, what happens tonight now that WWE is in Chicago?

I envision one of two things.

1 - We could see the triumphant return of a Second City Saint before his most ardent fans in a sold-out Allstate Arena, having crowbarred his way politically into getting his final goal (once again, just like 2011, forcing WWE's hand) and taking fans back on yet another ride while butting heads with how he's presented, how he's utilized and how he's perceveid.

2 - We could see nothing. No Punk. No return. No incredible visual of his walk towards the ring before an orgasmic reaction in his hometown. No, that visual could instead be replaced by a rowdy Chi-Town audience chanting for Punk, possibly uprooting an entire wrestling broadcast in a way not seen since WCW fired Ric Flair in 1991 creating a situation where Baltimore, Maryland spent most of the 1991 Great American Bash PPV chanting for him. Don't believe me? Go watch it on the WWE Network.

It could be Punk "comes to his senses" and returns, even if only to fulfill his contract. It could be he's legitimately done and content to hang around Chicago and visiting UFC events and actually healing his body for the first time in his adult life. It could be the CM Punk we've followed for years just disappears from the scene and becomes the modern day Randy Savage/Ultimate Warrior where rumors of his exit and disappearance grow more grand by the year.

Time will tell, but what we do know is this: By the time Monday Night Raw goes off the air, Punk's presence or lack thereof on Raw will be one of the top stories of the night - and will have a direct effect on the live crowd in a city where WWE production probably won't be able to mask it.

Hell, there are multiple Twitter accounts calling for fans to hijack the show as it is. Punk's work ethic and goodwill has earned him loyal fans, especially in Chicago. Punk or not, the audience may be a major part of tonight's Raw, whether they are scripted to be or not.

Whether Punk is there or not on Raw tonight, he's attracted a much brighter, bigger spotlight than he would probably have gotten otherwise, Triple H storyline or not, just by sticking around and wrestling.

By walking away, Punk made himself a bigger name and possibly earned himself a bigger paycheck. If not, it provided him the chance to walk out at his whim, his way, without being de-emphasized on the way out.

Either way, that's genius if you ask me. Like I said, Punk is many things, but stupid isn't one of them.

Food for thought.

Dapper Puppy

Also in the boat of, "I have to see it first." A lot of sites are talking about it, but until I see punk on raw tonight, I'll be indifferent.

Besides, even if he does come back, that still hasn't changed the fact that he not not sign on again with the company come July.

Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Great return by CM Punk last night! Ace reporting once again by Dave Meltzer! Alrighty then! cat_xp

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Detective Ventura
Great return by CM Punk last night! Ace reporting once again by Dave Meltzer! Alrighty then! cat_xp

HEY, DAVE KNOWS HIS s**t, MAN!

...At least, in his world.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I think in a way Meltzer himself was duped by his source. Or according to The Bleachers Report. Part of me did think that Punk's return; had he appeared on Raw, was a tad bit early. The last time Punk took a break was after Wrestlemania going into Summerslam which was a period of 3-4 months.

If Punk doesn't renew his contract, I will be upset but i'll keep watching the WWE. I'm more pissed off with the fans on tumblr running around claiming Punk quit when there's a high level of uncertainty and zero confirmation.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
queenofsleepingforest
I think in a way Meltzer himself was duped by his source. Or according to The Bleachers Report. Part of me did think that Punk's return; had he appeared on Raw, was a tad bit early. The last time Punk took a break was after Wrestlemania going into Summerslam which was a period of 3-4 months.

If Punk doesn't renew his contract, I will be upset but i'll keep watching the WWE. I'm more pissed off with the fans on tumblr running around claiming Punk quit when there's a high level of uncertainty and zero confirmation.

Unless there's any indication otherwise, its still a valid claim. I'd say at this point, its equally likely that:

-He quit due to dissatisfaction with the company
-He took time off due to an undisclosed injury/health concern
-It is a work (though this looks less likely)

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest

Unless there's any indication otherwise, its still a valid claim. I'd say at this point, its equally likely that:

The last two are more likely than the former. If he had quit there would be an announcement of some sort or a statement explaination. The same thing happened when Kaitlyn (Celeste Bonin) or Punk would have said something.

But this isnt the case. Just stupid fans or haters trying to piss off the CM Punk fans because they can.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
queenofsleepingforest
Dion Necurat
queenofsleepingforest

The last two are more likely than the former. If he had quit there would be an announcement of some sort or a statement explaination. The same thing happened when Kaitlyn (Celeste Bonin) or Punk would have said something.

But this isnt the case. Just stupid fans or haters trying to piss off the CM Punk fans because they can.

Not every situation is the same, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff