Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
TheGreatestSage
I'm not someone who is blindly taking every word of his just because I am a fan of CM Punk.

While I get where Punk is coming from, he could have settled everything a different way. See, it all depends on the attitude you bring to the company. You talk to your supervisors civilly and don't get defensive every time they suggest something, they're more willing to work with you.

A lot of what I got from this interview was that CM Punk fought every little thing they said. A lot of the issues he had probably wouldn't have happened had he been more cooperative. Straightedge or no, if your boss asks you to take a test for drugs, you take a test for drugs. I mean, it sucks that Punk was misdiagnosed, but he dug himself as much of a grave as the WWE dug it for him.

I don"t see how you think Punk was not cooperative? Punk literally wrestled when he had no buisness wrestling!! .The "walkout" was literally the only time he didnt cooperate...He went along with everything Vince said..... I dont see how you can Defend Vince.....If Punk would have died from the Staff infection I gaureentee you the WWE would have came up with some bullshit story to cover their a** for half assing his medical checkups....seriously he has every reason to be bitter....Didnt Edge leave when he was unhealthy??? I didnt see anyone bashing him for retiring because of his health...

The Main reason I believe Punk and this isn't even a blind belief because his story is very consistent with what was going on in wwe while he was there.

The pointless match between him and Triple H was pointless and everyone was thinking the same thing when triple H didn't wrestle another match after that he just left

When Batista came back and won the Royal Rumble...Theres No Doubt that the WWE originally planned for Batista and Randy Orton to headline Wrestlemania until the backlash they got from fans and employees alike!!

I re watched the wresltemania match against Taker and Punk looked like he was in true pain taking some hits on key parts where he was injured...

You legit think he was fighting a piss test?? CM Punk the straight egde guy??? for what/ you think he was on drugs?? cause thats the only reason you would fight a piss test...he wqas simply pointing out the hypocrisies in taking one.

Punk literallty has nothing to gain from lying nothing at all!! and lets not forget the main reason he left despite all the other stuff that made him bitter....even through all the political mess that was going on he left because of his health and he was actually expecting to come back after his suspension.....

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yobyaxes R
Mayor of Murderwood
Yobyaxes R
Mayor of Murderwood
Yobyaxes R

1) Same thing.

2) When he walked out aka quit, he should NOT of have gotten his checks. If I was WWE, I'd sue him.

1) Not from an employment standpoint, at least in this case.

2) So either WWE was stupid enough to pay a non-employee their pay, or they didn't consider him gone from the WWE.

1) You know what I mean. To say that "quit" and "walk out" are two different things is just ridiculous. Plus, I find it funny that all these CM Punk fans are bashing WWE for firing him on his wedding day even though he quit first.

2) WWE was stupid enough to not fight back against Punk for all the s**t he did. If anything, Punk should be paying them. I thought the same thing when Brock lesnar quit the WWE.

I should add that I just brought up Brock Lesnar. I found it absolutely disrespectful when Brock Lesnar quit the WWE when they needed him the most and considered, for a long time until he came back, to be my least favorite wrestler. CM Punk currently takes that position. Still hate Lesnar though.

1) So he quit, despite still getting payment from the company he quit? I'll take ridiculous over illogical.

2) Actually, they're smart; if they did, Punk, based on the tell-all, had a strong case against them for unsafe work environment.

1) That doesn't really make sense.

2) His health concerns are the only legitimate reason to walk away from all this. He said it was the main reason but I still feel that he was more butthurt about the whole thing because he wasn't as big of a star as The Rock, Cena, Lesnar etc. He'll probably have a change of heart about coming back a couple of years from now just like a bunch of other guys have like Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar etc. but I say the WWE should refuse to do business with him again.

1) Well that's your argument.

2) If you're close to death, I highly doubt being butthurt about his creative treatment was the first thing on his mind. It may have been a contributing factor (which he admits to that being a part of his reason anyway), but his health was the primary focus.

You have it backwards; Punk should continue to refuse to do business with the company that nearly worked the man to death.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
If anyone wants to hear an unbiased review of the Punk talk, here's a pretty good one from Solomonster. It's an hour and a half long (so shorter than Punk's talk), but I think he did a good job of pointing out where Punk had a legit gripe and where he didn't.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
After listening to some of it, and reading up on it, and s**t like that, I've come to a conclusion:

Phil Brooks is a whiny b***h. And at least moderately egotistical.

The biggest gripe I have with him, is his refusal to accept an offer to be put over by Triple H at Mania. Specifically his comment "I don't need that match. YOU do".

I'm sorry, but a win at Mania is a win at Mania. Especially when it's a main event. And to put it simply, whether you like Hunter or not, he is an established icon (future legend) of this company. So getting a win over him in the main event of Mania, is not "for him". Its' for YOU. Ungrateful p***k...

Basically, Phil Brooks has become the new age Shawn Michaels. Full of himself, and convinced he's God. And sorry, but Brooks couldn't wipe Shawn's a**, let alone has he the ground to be an arrogant, egotistical p***k, like Shawn used to be. And for the record, I didn't much care for Shawn, for a good long time, either, until he cooled his jets.

The WWE has never needed Punk, and damn sure don't need him now. They have plenty of up and comers (the former Shield members, especially) who are more than ready to take up any gap Punk left behind.

Now, as for the allegations of wrestling with broken ribs and staph? Well, for the broken ribs, I refer to Undertaker, who once wrestled with a broken Orbital bone. Didn't b***h about it. Because he was tough enough to do it. Brooks, obviously, isn't. As for the Staph...well...that kinda falls on the doctor, not the company. The company can't do s**t about something they don't know about. So just sue the doctor, and be done with it.

Basically, Brooks is just upset that he was actually feeling the demanding nature of being a top-tier guy, and he couldn't handle it. So he took his ball and went home. Couldn't even be bothered to give them a chance to work him off. Even Jeff Hardy gave them that.

Either way, Punk is old news. It's a new day, full of new potential. Let the whiny b***h go.

Newbie Terrestrial

15,675 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Power Converter 150
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
You know, at the end of all of this? I have to agree with black_wing_angel on this one.

There's no reason why anybody should be fighting a pee test unless he was actually on drugs and didn't want to take it at all. And if he had an actual staff infection or anything else? Well, there's nothing the company can do about something if they don't know it exists.

I do like Punk and I do believe that if you have health issues and whatever? That coming back to work shouldn't be something you should even consider unless it is fully determined by medical staff to be cleared. I also believe he's correct in the fact that if you want to cut ties with a company? The last thing you want to do is go back to playing on the big screen just so another person in the company, friend or not, can get ahead. Especially if you're having trouble with said company...

I don't know. At the end of the day, however? It doesn't really matter. Punk has no desire to come back and, as black_wing_angel pointed out? It's full of brand new potential to play with. We've got 2/3rds of the SHIELD members hanging out, with the 3rd due to come back soon (I think he said in time for the last PPV? Could be wrong) and we get a whole new GM to deal with when Raw comes on tomorrow night.

And I have to say it and I WANT to say it, that I don't care what anybody says, I'm still hoping it's Brad Maddox xd because even though he was a total loser? I still liked watching him on the screen. I know, I know, biiiiiiiiig stretch, but a woman is allowed to dream, isn't she? 4laugh

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Pixie_the_bug
You know, at the end of all of this? I have to agree with black_wing_angel on this one.

There's no reason why anybody should be fighting a pee test unless he was actually on drugs and didn't want to take it at all. And if he had an actual staff infection or anything else? Well, there's nothing the company can do about something if they don't know it exists.

I do like Punk and I do believe that if you have health issues and whatever? That coming back to work shouldn't be something you should even consider unless it is fully determined by medical staff to be cleared. I also believe he's correct in the fact that if you want to cut ties with a company? The last thing you want to do is go back to playing on the big screen just so another person in the company, friend or not, can get ahead. Especially if you're having trouble with said company...

I don't know. At the end of the day, however? It doesn't really matter. Punk has no desire to come back and, as black_wing_angel pointed out? It's full of brand new potential to play with. We've got 2/3rds of the SHIELD members hanging out, with the 3rd due to come back soon (I think he said in time for the last PPV? Could be wrong) and we get a whole new GM to deal with when Raw comes on tomorrow night.

And I have to say it and I WANT to say it, that I don't care what anybody says, I'm still hoping it's Brad Maddox xd because even though he was a total loser? I still liked watching him on the screen. I know, I know, biiiiiiiiig stretch, but a woman is allowed to dream, isn't she? 4laugh

To be fair, he didn't get a very good chance the last time he was GM, because his position was basically redundant, with the Authority budding. So maybe they could give him a GENUINE crack at GM status, without having to be constantly undercut and overruled by the Authority.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Actually, the more I think about this, the more I question Punk's stories.

Let's see:

1: Punk is upset that he got fired on his wedding day....6 WHOLE MONTHS after he walked out, unceremoniously. Why would that bother him, exactly, if he was already not intent on coming back, as he had claimed relentlessly during those 6 months? Also, why would he think the company would NOT fire him (if he did not in fact quit), after he failed to show up for work for...as I've said...6 months? Hell, at my job, 2 no-shows and you're done. He got half a ******** year!

2: If he knew he had a staph infection that was bad enough to possibly kill him...why did he keep this info to himself? Literally NOBODY seems to have known about it, except him....kinda suspicious, don'tcha think?

3: Punk is the same guy, that if you ask him what CM stands for, he'll give you absolutely any possible answer EXCEPT what it actually stands for (chick magnet). Seems he's not too good to play games with the truth.Just sayin'...

Just....somehow, I find Punk's statements pretty unreliable. Possibly outright lies. Has anyone actually fact-checked his claims of staph infection? Or are we supposed to just take it on his word, alone? Because I find it hard to believe that the WWE, who is HUGE in their efforts to protect their talent, would ignore a "potentially deadly" staph infection, which would threaten not only Punk, but everyone else he might come into contact with. Also, there's the fact that a staph infection is typically not so severe, as it is easily treatable in most cases. Given that the WWE hires doctors, and forces their talent to take regular health examinations...I find it hard to believe it would go unnoticed long enough to become such a critical issue.

And I would think that if he was actually that sick ( "could have died" ), it would be a lot more noticeable in his performances. People would've been asking questions about his performance. Something "life threatening" is not exactly something you can just play through, Even Lawler couldn't play through his near-fatal on-screen heart-attack.

And finally, Staph is contageous. Even if it's not typically life threatening, and only contagious through contact with broken skin, If he had worked for MONTHS with a staph infection, presumably involving matches where skin was likely broken at times...how did NOBODY else contract it?

And also, why would a doctor NOT report this sort of info to the company, since it's pretty ******** important? I mean, it's just...you know....exactly what he ******** gets paid to do...

Is it simply not possible for a man known to not be entirely truthful at all times, and bitter enough about the creative differences that it made him walk out...and possibly the way the WWE handled his exit....to maybe concoct some bullshit dirt and excuse as to why he quit, to rally people against the company, by making him look like a victim, rather than a whiny b***h who was just mad he didn't get his way?

Oh, and just to be clear, this supposed "staph infection" was supposedly found as a large lump on his back. Being that he's a guy who wrestles without a shirt on, it's fairly easy to fact check that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdL28NqJ9kI

(Video was blocked, so I had to URL it. Also, mute the music if you don't like it)

Royal Rumble 2014. Punks last match to date. While still supposedly suffering from a life threatening disease.

Skip to and pause at 1:34 seconds. Clear view of his back.

...I don't see any lumps....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...Yeah. I'm not taking him on his word, at this point. But that's just me.

Also, LOL!@ "I'll never work for them again!" Yeah...I've heard that before, from much more reliable people. Brett "Hitman" Hart, and Warrior. I'm pretty sure the list goes on.

See you in 20 years, Phil, when you grow up and / or need the money. If the WWE will allow it, of course. I'd certainly be hesitant, myself. Wouldn't want you to get another "staph infection" when you don't get your way...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel

Of course you do...cause it's not like Punk could ever be justified in doing what he did...NOOOO...he slighted the fans...so we've got to try and find every reason we can to s**t on him...Right? rolleyes

There's being skeptical, and then there's actively not listening to anything the other side of the story has to say...You're kind of being a little b***h about this.

Quote:
Let's see:

1: Punk is upset that he got fired on his wedding day....6 WHOLE MONTHS after he walked out, unceremoniously. Why would that bother him, exactly, if he was already not intent on coming back, as he had claimed relentlessly during those 6 months?

That's funny...I don't remember Punk saying s**t during those 6 months...In fact, I believe part of the problem was that Punk was being so silent on the matter. But, if you go back and actually listen to what he said, perhaps without the "Punk's an a*****e for leaving" blinders you apparently had on, you'd probably hear him say that he was always willing to talk if WWE just picked up the phone...which they don't seem to have done, especially considering Punk was trying to get in touch with them about his royalty checks.

Quote:
Also, why would he think the company would NOT fire him (if he did not in fact quit), after he failed to show up for work for...as I've said...6 months? Hell, at my job, 2 no-shows and you're done. He got half a ******** year!

You're kind of missing the point. He wasn't upset THAT he got fired. He was upset that they strategically sent him his release papers on his wedding day. It's a d**k move, bro...that much should have been ******** obvious.

Quote:
2: If he knew he had a staph infection that was bad enough to possibly kill him...why did he keep this info to himself? Literally NOBODY seems to have known about it, except him....kinda suspicious, don'tcha think?

He didn't...not until he walked out it would seem, and at that point, he wasn't saying s**t, probably cause he was waiting on WWE to get in contact with him, so he wasn't going to start bad mouthing the company that he was still working for...

Quote:
3: Punk is the same guy, that if you ask him what CM stands for, he'll give you absolutely any possible answer EXCEPT what it actually stands for (chick magnet). Seems he's not too good to play games with the truth.Just sayin'...

....Really? You're going to use a ******** gimmick as if it proves any sort of point. You're ******** grasping at straws, dude. It's a joke. Jake the Snake did the exact same s**t with what the DDT stood for...it's hardly an accurate portrayal of the person's honesty...

Quote:
Just....somehow, I find Punk's statements pretty unreliable. Possibly outright lies.

I'm not saying don't be skeptical...but this is beyond being skeptical. You are DESPERATELY trying to vilify the dude, but you haven't presented a valid justification for why so far.

Quote:
Has anyone actually fact-checked his claims of staph infection? Or are we supposed to just take it on his word, alone? Because I find it hard to believe that the WWE, who is HUGE in their efforts to protect their talent,

Stopped right there. You're a ******** idiot if you actually believe that. There have been enough examples of the contrary, specifically WWE risking the well being of their talent just to keep them on the card, that this is blatant bullshit. Hell, I can even point to a similar case: Bob Holly had a staph infection, and Laurinaitis put pressure on him to compete on a European tour, even knowing this...Holly almost lost his arm because of it. Hell, you've even mentioned guys working hurt before...so don't sit there and act like the WWE protects its workers...they don't, unless they have to. Punk even talked about how the WWE works it into the guys' heads that they have to keep working, or they're not getting paid, and at times, could be punished for doing so.

Quote:
would ignore a "potentially deadly" staph infection, which would threaten not only Punk, but everyone else he might come into contact with. Also, there's the fact that a staph infection is typically not so severe, as it is easily treatable in most cases. Given that the WWE hires doctors, and forces their talent to take regular health examinations...I find it hard to believe it would go unnoticed long enough to become such a critical issue.

And here's more of your clear bias again...It WAS noticed...by Punk. And he asked the doctor that the WWE has on staff to do something about it...and he wouldn't do anything. In fact, he kept making it worse. The thing about infections is that, while they are easily treatable...if you don't do anything about it, then it can really ******** you up. And that was clearly the story that was told...how you could blatantly ignore that to supplement your own version of events is astounding...

Quote:
And I would think that if he was actually that sick ( "could have died" ), it would be a lot more noticeable in his performances. People would've been asking questions about his performance. Something "life threatening" is not exactly something you can just play through, Even Lawler couldn't play through his near-fatal on-screen heart-attack.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust you to accurately be able to diagnose anyone just by a glance...Hell...even doctors don't do that s**t.

Quote:
And finally, Staph is contageous. Even if it's not typically life threatening, and only contagious through contact with broken skin, If he had worked for MONTHS with a staph infection, presumably involving matches where skin was likely broken at times...how did NOBODY else contract it?

Just because no one else seemed to catch it doesn't mean Punk didn't have it. There are plenty of other reasons why that could be the case, one being sheer luck, other than "Punk MUST be lying about it."

Quote:
And also, why would a doctor NOT report this sort of info to the company, since it's pretty ******** important? I mean, it's just...you know....exactly what he ******** gets paid to do...

Perhaps he's the kind of p***k who is completely unqualified to be in the medical profession. Perhaps he's a lazy a*****e who didn't want to deal with it. Perhaps he's been pressured by the WWE to keep the talent working, even if it means cutting corners to the point where guys are risking their health. Perhaps it's all three....in fact, judging by not only this story, but others like it...I'd be willing to wager that that's what it is. But hey, if you want to know so bad, you could always e-mail Colt Cabana for the next show, in which Punk will be answering fan questions, and ask him to provide evidence for this staph infection....I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.

Quote:
Is it simply not possible for a man known to not be entirely truthful at all times,

Provide evidence that he's lying....

Quote:
and bitter enough about the creative differences that it made him walk out.

First off, he admitted that he was bitter. s**t, he's been bitter about creative since he got there it seems. However, secondly, that isn't why he walked out, so while you can keep drudging on about this while providing nothing to support your claim all you want, you've come no closer to providing a valid case now than you have when you started this ridiculous post.

Quote:
..and possibly the way the WWE handled his exit....to maybe concoct some bullshit dirt and excuse as to why he quit, to rally people against the company, by making him look like a victim, rather than a whiny b***h who was just mad he didn't get his way?

By...what? Going on a platform to give his story free of charge to wrestling fans who are more likely already dissatisfied with the WWE's product? Yeah, great plan there, chief... rolleyes

Quote:
Oh, and just to be clear, this supposed "staph infection" was supposedly found as a large lump on his back. Being that he's a guy who wrestles without a shirt on, it's fairly easy to fact check that.

Apparently ignoring the part where he mentions that it was his lower back, beneath his trunks...as he talked about how it was rubbing up against his tights...

Quote:
Royal Rumble 2014. Punks last match to date. While still supposedly suffering from a life threatening disease.

And you wouldn't...unless you have x-ray vision...and you would know this if you actually paid attention instead of trying to find ways to misrepresent what the guy said.

Quote:

And again, that's fine....you're being an idiot by taking it this far, but I actually support the idea of not blindly believing everything he said...because I don't either. However, it doesn't make EVERYTHING he said a lie...or even any of it. He could just be mistaken. He could just be wrong.

Quote:
Also, LOL!@ "I'll never work for them again!" Yeah...I've heard that before, from much more reliable people. Brett "Hitman" Hart, and Warrior. I'm pretty sure the list goes on.

Again, provide evidence that Punk is lying, and then we'll talk about his reliability. Until then, the only one who doesn't seem reliable in all this is you, considering how much of what he said you completely misconstrued in an attempt to garner hate for the guy.

Quote:
See you in 20 years, Phil, when you grow up and / or need the money. If the WWE will allow it, of course. I'd certainly be hesitant, myself. Wouldn't want you to get another "staph infection" when you don't get your way...

You do realize that, in 20 years, Hunter will most likely be in charge...and the two have been very clear about not liking each other...I doubt either of them would want to do business with the other, period. Also, considering Punk's name value, if he actually wanted to do wrestling again (which it doesn't seem that he'll need to ever again), he would have more creative control and make enough money just making the rounds on the indies, the same way AJ Styles is doing. Even if he doesn't get in the ring, he's still a draw for wrestling fans...and it's not like he lives a lavish lifestyle...so he's not going to need the money as much as Hart or Warrior did.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel

Of course you do...cause it's not like Punk could ever be justified in doing what he did...NOOOO...he slighted the fans...so we've got to try and find every reason we can to s**t on him...Right? rolleyes

Or...you know, some of us just aren't so quick to take someone on their word, without a shred of supporting evidence.

Because some of us aren't ******** marks.

Quote:
There's being skeptical, and then there's actively not listening to anything the other side of the story has to say...You're kind of being a little b***h about this.

How do you figure? I've listened. I just don't ******** buy it, because very little of it makes any sort of sense, outside of "I didn't like their decisions, so I quit". The crapfest about a disease nearly killing him not being caught by the doctors who get paid to catch s**t like that, or being forced to work through injuries, I'm not convinced.

Quote:
Quote:
Let's see:

1: Punk is upset that he got fired on his wedding day....6 WHOLE MONTHS after he walked out, unceremoniously. Why would that bother him, exactly, if he was already not intent on coming back, as he had claimed relentlessly during those 6 months?

That's funny...I don't remember Punk saying s**t during those 6 months..

I do.

Quote:
In fact, I believe part of the problem was that Punk was being so silent on the matter. But, if you go back and actually listen to what he said, perhaps without the "Punk's an a*****e for leaving" blinders you apparently had on,

Because I only doubt him because I have "blinders" on?

Quote:
you'd probably hear him say that he was always willing to talk if WWE just picked up the phone...which they don't seem to have done, especially considering Punk was trying to get in touch with them about his royalty checks.

Hey, if someone walked out on me, I wouldn't talk to them, either. And of course his main focus was royalty checks.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, why would he think the company would NOT fire him (if he did not in fact quit), after he failed to show up for work for...as I've said...6 months? Hell, at my job, 2 no-shows and you're done. He got half a ******** year!

You're kind of missing the point. He wasn't upset THAT he got fired. He was upset that they strategically sent him his release papers on his wedding day. It's a d**k move, bro...that much should have been ******** obvious.

So is walking out. d**k moves, all around. Either way, if he already didn't want to come back, then it shouldn't have bothered him, anyway. Should've been like "Oh? PFFT! Like I care!"

Quote:
Quote:

He didn't...not until he walked out it would seem, and at that point, he wasn't saying s**t, probably cause he was waiting on WWE to get in contact with him, so he wasn't going to start bad mouthing the company that he was still working for...

There's still the matter of his lack of any visible back lumps at the Rumble, and the fact that if he was "almost dead", his performance would've shown it. You can't really play through something like staph. Especially if it's bad enough to nearly kill you.

Quote:
Quote:

....Really? You're going to use a ******** gimmick as if it proves any sort of point. You're ******** grasping at straws, dude. It's a joke. Jake the Snake did the exact same s**t with what the DDT stood for...it's hardly an accurate portrayal of the person's honesty...

Point is, he's not too good to tell a little white lie, for his own benefit.

If he'd tell such little white lies, who's to say he wouldn't tell great big ones?

Quote:
Quote:
Just....somehow, I find Punk's statements pretty unreliable. Possibly outright lies.

I'm not saying don't be skeptical...but this is beyond being skeptical. You are DESPERATELY trying to vilify the dude, but you haven't presented a valid justification for why so far.

No, I'm really not. These are all valid things that cast doubt onto his account.

Especially when the only thing that seems to suggest his side of the story....is his side of the story. There's literally nothing but his word. No medical records. No photos. Nothing except "This is what I'm going to tell you happened, and you're going to believe me without a bit of hesitation, because I'm telling the story".

And it simply doesn't add up.

Quote:
Has anyone actually fact-checked his claims of staph infection? Or are we supposed to just take it on his word, alone? Because I find it hard to believe that the WWE, who is HUGE in their efforts to protect their talent,

Stopped right there. You're a ******** idiot if you actually believe that.

I could say the same for you taking Punk on his word.

So hello Mr. Pot.

Quote:
There have been enough examples of the contrary, specifically WWE risking the well being of their talent just to keep them on the card, that this is blatant bullshit.

How about an example.

Quote:
Hell, I can even point to a similar case: Bob Holly had a staph infection, and Laurinaitis put pressure on him to compete on a European tour, even knowing this...Holly almost lost his arm because of it.

Can you actually prove that?

Quote:
Hell, you've even mentioned guys working hurt before.

1: Mostly before the Wellness policy took effect.

2: Pretty sure most (if not all) cases involved them doing it voluntarily, because they decided they could play through it.

Quote:
so don't sit there and act like the WWE protects its workers...they don't, unless they have to. Punk even talked about how the WWE works it into the guys' heads that they have to keep working, or they're not getting paid, and at times, could be punished for doing so.

If Punk said his sperm could cure / prevent cancer, would you just get down and suck away, without a second thought?

I'm not outright saying Punk's necessarily lying. The evidence seems strong enough, but I admit he could be telling the truth. But if you're taking him on his word, alone? You are a ******** idiot.

Quote:
Quote:
would ignore a "potentially deadly" staph infection, which would threaten not only Punk, but everyone else he might come into contact with. Also, there's the fact that a staph infection is typically not so severe, as it is easily treatable in most cases. Given that the WWE hires doctors, and forces their talent to take regular health examinations...I find it hard to believe it would go unnoticed long enough to become such a critical issue.

And here's more of your clear bias again...It WAS noticed...by Punk. And he asked the doctor that the WWE has on staff to do something about it...and he wouldn't do anything.

And you just outright believe that?

Quote:
In fact, he kept making it worse. The thing about infections is that, while they are easily treatable...if you don't do anything about it, then it can really ******** you up. And that was clearly the story that was told...how you could blatantly ignore that to supplement your own version of events is astounding...

I'm not "ignoring" it. It just seems a bit far-fetched. And coming from a guy who's bitter as cough syrup over his severance, doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility for him to concoct such a story of "corruption" to make himself out to be a victim of an "evil" corporation.

People do that s**t, you know...

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't trust you to accurately be able to diagnose anyone just by a glance...Hell...even doctors don't do that s**t.

If he's life-threateningly ill....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to perform on-screen as if nothing's wrong. Even the Undertaker, who was once tough enough to play through a broken face, can't hide his limps, and age related deteriorating cardio.

Quote:

Just because no one else seemed to catch it doesn't mean Punk didn't have it.

I'm not saying that he necessarily didn't. Just that it seems odd that in such a job where the necessary factors for passing it on are highly prevalent, it seems a bit strange that he got it, and nobody else. Coupled with his lack of noticeable symptoms...it is to question.

Quote:
There are plenty of other reasons why that could be the case, one being sheer luck, other than "Punk MUST be lying about it."

Sure. But when all you have to suggest he's not...is the fact that he says he's not....

Quote:

Perhaps he's the kind of p***k who is completely unqualified to be in the medical profession.

Hired by a major company that hinges on the health and safety of the performers...

Makes sense...

Quote:
Perhaps he's a lazy a*****e who didn't want to deal with it.

Hey, some days, I don't feel like doing my job, either. But I do it. I would imagine a healthcare professional, with a Hippocratic oath, would be more compelled to do his job, than even I...

Quote:
Perhaps he's been pressured by the WWE to keep the talent working, even if it means cutting corners to the point where guys are risking their health.

Possible, but unlikely.

Quote:
Perhaps it's all three....in fact, judging by not only this story, but others like it...I'd be willing to wager that that's what it is. But hey, if you want to know so bad, you could always e-mail Colt Cabana for the next show, in which Punk will be answering fan questions, and ask him to provide evidence for this staph infection....I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.

You really think they don't fish through their emails, and find ones they WANT to answer, and throw out all the ones that don't fit their agenda?

Quote:
Is it simply not possible for a man known to not be entirely truthful at all times,

Provide evidence that he's lying....

It's not my burden. He's the one making claims against the WWE. It's his burden to prove his claims.

Quote:
and bitter enough about the creative differences that it made him walk out.

First off, he admitted that he was bitter. s**t, he's been bitter about creative since he got there it seems. However, secondly, that isn't why he walked out,

Isn't it? Because you have decided with no evidence except the word of your golden idol, that it isn't?

And you talk about ME having "blinders".

Quote:
so while you can keep drudging on about this while providing nothing to support your claim all you want, you've come no closer to providing a valid case now than you have when you started this ridiculous post.

"Ridiculous" he says....

But Punk's stories, which don't really add up, are true and correct, unless someone can prove otherwise...

Kevin, I expect better from you.

Quote:
Quote:
..and possibly the way the WWE handled his exit....to maybe concoct some bullshit dirt and excuse as to why he quit, to rally people against the company, by making him look like a victim, rather than a whiny b***h who was just mad he didn't get his way?

By...what? Going on a platform to give his story free of charge to wrestling fans who are more likely already dissatisfied with the WWE's product? Yeah, great plan there, chief... rolleyes

Hey, if it helps him not look like an egotsitical b***h who just stomped out because he didn't get his way. I mean, that would make him look bad. But if he was a woeful victim of an evil tyranical company....

Quote:
Quote:

Apparently ignoring the part where he mentions that it was his lower back, beneath his trunks...as he talked about how it was rubbing up against his tights...

How convenient....

Quote:
Quote:

And you wouldn't...unless you have x-ray vision...and you would know this if you actually paid attention instead of trying to find ways to misrepresent what the guy said.

You seriously are taking this guy on his word...

Quote:
Quote:

And again, that's fine....you're being an idiot by taking it this far, but I actually support the idea of not blindly believing everything he said...because I don't either.

Bullshit, Kevin.

Quote:
However, it doesn't make EVERYTHING he said a lie...or even any of it. He could just be mistaken. He could just be wrong.

Being simply "mistaken" about such vitriolic claims? I rather doubt it.

Quote:

Again, provide evidence that Punk is lying,

Again, it's not my burden. It's his to prove his claims are true.

Quote:
and then we'll talk about his reliability. Until then, the only one who doesn't seem reliable in all this is you, considering how much of what he said you completely misconstrued in an attempt to garner hate for the guy.

Not at all. I'm actually entirely indifferent about the guy, aside from resenting him leaving the company hanging high and dry, unprofessionally, over creative differences. Which may or may not be the whole story.

I'm just presenting why I doubt his claims.

And the only rebuttal you have to it, is:

A) Prove it (when it's not my burden)

B) Punk said he was telling the truth.

Quote:
Quote:

You do realize that, in 20 years, Hunter will most likely be in charge...

Yeah. And?

Quote:
and the two have been very clear about not liking each other...

Yeah. And? Vince and Brett were both very clear about not liking each other. But seems time mended those wounds, and they were able to at least work together.

Trust me, I'm not tops with just everyone at my job, either.

Quote:
I doubt either of them would want to do business with the other, period.

Today? No. Tomorrow, when it's all but a distant memory, and WWE could use the nostalgia, and Punk could probably use the money? We'll see.

Quote:
Also, considering Punk's name value, if he actually wanted to do wrestling again (which it doesn't seem that he'll need to ever again), he would have more creative control and make enough money just making the rounds on the indies,

Sure, to a small degree. Tony Atlas, Vader, and plenty of others did, for a long time. But there's just something about the packed stadiums, and the luxuries of multi-million dollar set-ups, that given the question "Want to come be part of our program?" Pretty much anyone who's been stuck "getting by" on the indies, would probably jump on it, like a homeless person on an offer to eat a free T-Bone dinner.

Quote:
the same way AJ Styles is doing. Even if he doesn't get in the ring, he's still a draw for wrestling fans...and it's not like he lives a lavish lifestyle...so he's not going to need the money as much as Hart or Warrior did.

True, but that doesn't mean he hasn't taken advantage of the ins-and-outs of making a lot. Because even as a top draw, you don't make enough on the indies, to buy a brand new car, when the old one starts decaying. You pretty much have to settle for a $700 junker, until it falls apart in 6 months, and you just upgrade to the next $700 junker.

And going from having no financial worries of any kind, to suddenly having to really think about expenses...is a rough transition, regardless of how "conservative" you previously were with your money. Because it goes from "no worries" to "do I really need that?"

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel

Perfectly fine to be skeptical. At this point, I'm at about 51/49 in regard to believing Punk. The medical side gives it a nudge, since its difficult for people to access medical information.

Quote:
1: Punk is upset that he got fired on his wedding day....6 WHOLE MONTHS after he walked out, unceremoniously. Why would that bother him, exactly, if he was already not intent on coming back, as he had claimed relentlessly during those 6 months? Also, why would he think the company would NOT fire him (if he did not in fact quit), after he failed to show up for work for...as I've said...6 months? Hell, at my job, 2 no-shows and you're done. He got half a ******** year!

Eh, more of the icing on the cake. It isn't so much that he was bothered that they terminated him (hell, I'm betting he expected it, all things considered), its more that they chose that specific day. "Its not about the money; its about sending a message." Based on Punk's tale, that's the vibe I'm getting so far out of this.

Quote:

That's the thing about staph infections; they can either be relatively minor, or, if left unchecked, can cause major health concerns. Having had a staph infection before (to the point where it was, indeed, an infection), I can tell you that it can sit for a while before it becomes an issue to examine. Easy to treat, but a b***h to deal with.

Here is some information pertaining to staph infections, for future reference.

Quote:

On the other side of the coin, WWE wants people to forget their Annonymous RAW GM was Hornswoggle, so there's that.

In regard to Punk's story, I'm slightly more inclined to believe it for a few reasons:

1) He doesn't benefit from it. Sure, it doesn't make WWE look good, but given he's already settled with them (while a direct article discussing this settlement isn't there, this [which I tend to use more than bleacher report as reliable wrestling news] seems to indicate as such, as well as the fact that they had Punk featured in the 2k15 game), there's not much else he can gain by revealing all of this.

2) The reasoning. I agree that he has no legitimate beef regarding how he was booked (Christian/Orton, anyone?), and that seems more out of work frustration than actually being a deciding factor.

Quote:
Just....somehow, I find Punk's statements pretty unreliable. Possibly outright lies. Has anyone actually fact-checked his claims of staph infection? Or are we supposed to just take it on his word, alone?

Given nothing else has really been said about it, and also that medical records are not publicly distributed, word is all we can base this off of currently.

Quote:
Because I find it hard to believe that the WWE, who is HUGE in their efforts to protect their talent,

Reports I've read regarding timeframes of injured superstars often relay that "WWE hopes they can bring them back by X," which indicates they would prefer to rush treatment rather than actually wait it out. I'll get back to you with sources on this (I believe there were a number of them pertaining to Barrett, Sheamus, and Ziggler, if memory serves).

Quote:
would ignore a "potentially deadly" staph infection, which would threaten not only Punk, but everyone else he might come into contact with.

Quote:
Many people carry staph bacteria and never develop staph infections. However, if you develop a staph infection, there's a good chance that it's from bacteria you've been carrying around for some time.

These bacteria can also be transmitted from person to person. Because staph bacteria are so hardy, they can live on inanimate objects such as pillowcases or towels long enough to transfer to the next person who touches them.

Source

The underlined and italicized are important to note. Punk's infection could have occurred a while ago. We don't really know. However, here is something important to note:

Kane had a welt as well.

I don't buy it as simply a coincidence. If Punk didn't have a staph infection at the time, why is Kane showing a similar symptom on a more obvious spot on his back?

Quote:
Also, there's the fact that a staph infection is typically not so severe, as it is easily treatable in most cases.

While true, if left unchecked, they can become severe.

Note the risk factors pertaining to the infections.

Quote:
Given that the WWE hires doctors, and forces their talent to take regular health examinations...I find it hard to believe it would go unnoticed long enough to become such a critical issue.

The only way to know for sure is to get the word from the doctor himself.

Quote:

One could argue that how he looked a month prior to walking out and a month after walking out is proof enough. Though this would be pretty easy to prove; watch his most recent matches. For sake of argument, lets assume he had contracted the staph infection after WrestleMania 29. From that timeframe up until his departure, it would be easy to notice subtle differences in his approach.

Bear in mind, however, that while it has the possibility to being life threatening, it does not necessarily mean that he was debilitated while he had it. Again, having had one, I only really noticed I couldn't lift for long periods of time or walk around as often.

Quote:

Kane might have.

Quote:

Variety of reasons, I suppose, but we won't know unless the doctor says anything.

Quote:
Is it simply not possible for a man known to not be entirely truthful at all times, and bitter enough about the creative differences that it made him walk out...and possibly the way the WWE handled his exit....to maybe concoct some bullshit dirt and excuse as to why he quit, to rally people against the company, by making him look like a victim, rather than a whiny b***h who was just mad he didn't get his way?

Its possible, but here's the million-dollar question:

Given he received his settlement pertaining merchandise and other issues regarding his name and likeness...what benefit does it get him?

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdL28NqJ9kI

(Video was blocked, so I had to URL it. Also, mute the music if you don't like it)

Unless he meant a** crack rather than back.

Quote:

That's fine to be skeptical, though its a stretch to say he's a whiny b***h without collaborative evidence.

Quote:

He could've gone to other promotions. He didn't. Seems pretty clear he's done with wrestling in the foreseeable future.

EDIT: ********! I'll need to find that picture of Kane's welt again.

Newbie Terrestrial

15,675 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Power Converter 150
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
It's easy to make assumptions on people anyway, considering that most of what we know is based off of news articles and things like that. It isn't as if the doctors can release information regarding Punk's staph infection to the general public, at least not the actual report, even though the info's apparently been leaked anyway. And it's easy to toss judgment off on anybody and everybody these days, because we don't know the full story, just the stuff that people are willing to feed to the general public.

That said, we can't really take one side over the other; Who is to say that the people regarding the news aren't just giving us biased information themselves? Though, as previously pointed out, that is kind of dumb as well because, lets face it, what would they gain from lying about it.

Either way, I have to say that I'm settling on both sides being wrong in this case.

A) A company should ALWAYS look for their employee's best interests, especially in a company like WWE where fighting (fake or not) is a daily thing.

B) Punk should have been answering the phones in the first place and not just keeping quiet.

In that regards?

2b) BOTH parties should have been receptive of one another, no matter how angry/annoyed/frustrated they are with one another.

C) WWE should have waited until after the wedding day to send that stuff out, regardless of the actual date. Even if they wanted to be decent? Send it the day AFTER the honeymoon is over so that negative/bad things pertaining to work cannot ruin the special day. Don't care, stuff like that should NOT be sent under any circumstances in that kind of situation.

D) If Punk had any actual grievances, he shouldn't have even bothered attempting to use the phone, he should have gone in to speak to whoever was in charge of the whole situation or gone to the board of directors so that everything could be taken care of so that these things can't escalate.

As you can see, both sides were in the wrong. No matter which way you slice the cake, the whole situation on both sides could have been dealt in a more mature situation. Something as serious as what Punk is claiming should NOT have been done over the phone or any other way.

On a side note:
Mayor of Murderwood:
I HOPE you find some pictures. But it seems to me that no pictures are currently working for me on this forum? Might just be me, though XD Either way, the evidence makes me curious and I'll be watching Kane tonight to see if there is a lump.

On ANOTHER side note:
I really can't wait to see who the new GM is and I can only hope it isn't somebody stupid like Vicki Guerrero, I just couldn't stand the constant EXCUSE ME! thing all the time.
GO BRAD MADDOX!
Speaking of Maddox, on a third side note...
I believe people were mentioning my favorite idiot was last seen in a cave somewhere...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Or...you know, some of us just aren't so quick to take someone on their word, without a shred of supporting evidence.

....You're doing the same s**t though...you're jumping to a conclusion without any evidence. It's just that you're jumping to the conclusion that everything that Punk said was a lie instead of blindly believing everything he said...which isn't any better.

Quote:
Because some of us aren't ******** marks.

....Yes you are. We're ALL ******** marks. That's basically what a wrestling fan is...and any actual wrestler will tell you the same.

Quote:
How do you figure? I've listened.

Judging from what you've been saying and how much misinformation you've spewed...at best, you "heard"...but you clearly weren't listening...at least, not in any sort of unbias way.

Quote:
I just don't ******** buy it, because very little of it makes any sort of sense, outside of "I didn't like their decisions, so I quit". The crapfest about a disease nearly killing him not being caught by the doctors who get paid to catch s**t like that, or being forced to work through injuries, I'm not convinced.

And considering, like I've said, that you've already previously mentioned other wrestlers working through injuries, you're clearly being bias. I'm not saying to eat up everything Punk said...but you're not being skeptical...you're jumping to equally bad conclusions based on what Punk said...

Quote:
I do.

Then you'd have to have direct contact from him. He didn't say s**t to anyone other than his close friends. Most of what went around the internet was just hearsay...not a direct comment. So, I'm calling bullshit on this...

Quote:
Because I only doubt him because I have "blinders" on?

No...it's because you went "I'm not only not buying what he said...I think he's lying!" that you have blinders on.

Quote:
Hey, if someone walked out on me, I wouldn't talk to them, either.

It's a good thing you don't run any sort of business then considering your willing to let your personal feelings get in the way of making business decisions...

Quote:
And of course his main focus was royalty checks.

So...it's not like they couldn't say "hey, glad you called...by the way, would you talk to Vince" instead of giving him the run around to the point that he had to sue them.

Quote:
So is walking out.

Not necessarily. There are perfectly reasonable reasons to leave a job, and I'd say "risking health to the point of nearly dying" is pretty far up on that list.

Quote:
d**k moves, all around. Either way, if he already didn't want to come back, then it shouldn't have bothered him, anyway. Should've been like "Oh? PFFT! Like I care!"

Funny....I don't remember anyone bestowing authority on you as to determine how anyone should feel at any given moment...must have missed that memo.

Quote:
There's still the matter of his lack of any visible back lumps at the Rumble,

You mean the bumps that he even stated were UNDER HIS TRUNKS....Seriously, are you just in denial, or are you a ******** idiot?

Quote:
and the fact that if he was "almost dead", his performance would've shown it. You can't really play through something like staph. Especially if it's bad enough to nearly kill you.

Again, I bring up the point that, while you may have "heard" the talk, you definitely were not paying attention. He talked, at length, about how, at first, it wasn't all that painful...and this is not even mentioning the fact that he was on antibiotics for it as well. Also, I'd disagree that his performance didn't suffer. That kind of thing would be hard to notice to begin with, and it wasn't until looking back that I did kind of notice that he wasn't as up to snuff as he had been...but even then, that's largely subjective. I bet you'd look back and say "nuh-uh...he looks fine"...even though, as I already said, I don't trust your ability to diagnose someone just from looking at them...show me your medical degree...and then we'll talk.

Quote:
Point is

There was no point. If you honestly think that "hey, he plays up this gimmick...he's a liar" is a valid argument, then you're an idiot...plain and simple. You might as well just ignore everything any actor or wrestler ever says cause "hey...they lie for a living."

Quote:
No, I'm really not. These are all valid things that cast doubt onto his account.

No they aren't, and you clearly have no idea what "valid" means.

Quote:
Especially when the only thing that seems to suggest his side of the story....is his side of the story. There's literally nothing but his word. No medical records. No photos. Nothing except "This is what I'm going to tell you happened, and you're going to believe me without a bit of hesitation, because I'm telling the story".

Reminder: this is all based off of one two-hour conversation...so here's an idea...how about listening to the second part, where he'll answer fan questions, including ones that might ask him to prove his side of the story, before you immediate jump to "he's a ******** liar!"

Quote:
And it simply doesn't add up.

It does when you aren't randomly adding integers in for him...

Quote:
I could say the same for you taking Punk on his word.

So hello Mr. Pot.

I'm not. I've already said there are things I don't quite believe him on...which I even pointed out in this thread (and there were more that were pointed out in that video I posted)...but here's the thing...they're relatively small claims that don't really differ from what we already know about how the WWE does business. Most of what was said wasn't all that shocking, as we've heard multiple stories that have said the same thing....so no...I'm not taking Punk on his word. I just don't have any reason to think that he's lying about everything, especially when it all seems to line up with what we know.

Quote:
How about an example.

You mean, like the example that I immediately gave you after saying that?

Quote:
Can you actually prove that?

Can you smell the desperation on yourself, or are you just that delusional...

Quote:
1: Mostly before the Wellness policy took effect.

Keyword there, sport...and guess what...it hasn't really changed.

Quote:
2: Pretty sure most (if not all) cases involved them doing it voluntarily, because they decided they could play through it.

And I'm sure that had nothing to do with WWE encouraging them to do so...or doing it because they only get paid for appearance...so any time off would dip into their bank accounts, which they'd have to pay for their own medical expenses, by the way...

Quote:
If Punk said his sperm could cure / prevent cancer, would you just get down and suck away, without a second thought?

No, considering that's a pretty large claim, much larger than any of the ones he made that have a history to them, so I'd need to see some evidence first....but I wouldn't immediately call him a liar, and then misconstrue what he said either...

Quote:
I'm not outright saying Punk's necessarily lying.

...Um...Yeah...you did.

Quote:
The evidence seems strong enough,

To you, maybe...but I hardly doubt anyone with a functioning brain would find any of this compelling...

Quote:
but I admit he could be telling the truth.

So now you're pretending you're being skeptical...okay, pal... rolleyes

Quote:
But if you're taking him on his word, alone? You are a ******** idiot.

Sure...if that's what I was doing...but it's not. Maybe if you took Ryback's c**k out of your mouth for ten seconds, you could see that.

Quote:
And you just outright believe that?

Not outright. But considering it's in line with what people had been saying about him at the time (that he was beat up), and that I don't have any evidence to contradict him...and considering this isn't the first ******** time WWE's done this...I'm willing to at least give him the benefit of the doubt, as, again, it's a relatively small claim that is in line what we know about the situation. Provide valid evidence that he was lying....and then we'll talk.

Quote:
I'm not "ignoring" it.

Okay...then you just weren't listening. Which is even more reason not to take any of your nonsense seriously considering you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
It just seems a bit far-fetched. And coming from a guy who's bitter as cough syrup over his severance, doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility for him to concoct such a story of "corruption" to make himself out to be a victim of an "evil" corporation.

People do that s**t, you know...

Sure...now provide valid evidence that Punk was lying...and just a note: it'll have to be more compelling than "well, he walked out, so he's a d**k" or "he keeps changing what the CM stands for!"

Quote:
If he's life-threateningly ill

.....For ******** sake...it was an INFECTION...not an ILLNESS. I had an infection in my finger last month. It hurt like a mother ********, but I wasn't "sick." Hell, I still worked while I had it. And you know what really helped with that....ANTIBIOTICS...WHICH PUNK WAS ******** ON...

Quote:
....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to perform on-screen as if nothing's wrong.

And I'm pretty sure that you don't even know what MRSA is...otherwise, you wouldn't sound like an idiot right now.

Quote:
Even the Undertaker, who was once tough enough to play through a broken face, can't hide his limps, and age related deteriorating cardio.

Yeah...amazing how the now 60-something year old can't hide injuries like he ******** used to...Amazing how that is, isn't it....

Quote:
I'm not saying that he necessarily didn't.

No, you're just blatantly implying it.

Quote:
Just that it seems odd that in such a job where the necessary factors for passing it on are highly prevalent, it seems a bit strange that he got it, and nobody else. Coupled with his lack of noticeable symptoms...it is to question.

Sure....QUESTION...not "jump to conclusion that he's lying."

Quote:
Sure. But when all you have to suggest he's not...is the fact that he says he's not....

Here's how claims work, sport: you've made a claim that he's lying...YOU provide the evidence. It is not my job to disprove your claim...it is YOUR job to prove it.

Quote:
Hired by a major company that hinges on the health and safety of the performers...

Makes sense...

Should I remind you that this is the same company that, for the health and safety of their performers, hired unqualified stunt men who used substandard equipment and techniques that led to the death of Owen Hart? Or is that not enough proof to penetrate your delusional "well, they hired him...so he MUST be qualified" nonsense? They hired Vince Russo for ******** sake...

Quote:
Hey, some days, I don't feel like doing my job, either. But I do it.

Pretty sure we aren't talking about you here, sunshine.

Quote:
I would imagine a healthcare professional, with a Hippocratic oath, would be more compelled to do his job, than even I...

Right...I forget...malpractice isn't a ******** thing... rolleyes

Quote:
Possible, but unlikely.

Judging from the multitude of similar stories, it not only is possible...it's ******** happening currently and has been for a long time.

Quote:
You really think they don't fish through their emails, and find ones they WANT to answer, and throw out all the ones that don't fit their agenda?

They even admitted they'd be looking through the e-mails beforehand...and that they'll only take the respectful questions...i.e. not "you're a lousy, quitting piece of s**t"...so, again, why don't you go ahead an ask if you're so concerned? Or are you making excuses because you're not being skeptical...you're being bias, and it's ******** apparent.

Quote:
It's not my burden. He's the one making claims against the WWE. It's his burden to prove his claims.

You claimed he was lying...you have now made a claim, one that you need to provide evidence for. If you had left it at "I'm not buying it" sure...you wouldn't have a burden of proof...but you didn't stop there, so meet your burden of proof.

Quote:
Isn't it? Because you have decided with no evidence except the word of your golden idol, that it isn't?

And you talk about ME having "blinders".

Right...I am talking about you with blinders on...because again, his statements are in line with what we already know about the situation. Sure, he could be lying, but by believing him, I'm at least believing him based on good reasons as opposed to dismissing him based on bad ones.

Quote:
"Ridiculous" he says....

Yep, I do say...because that's exactly what your post is.

Quote:
But Punk's stories, which don't really add up,

Provide evidence that they don't rather than continuously asserting that they don't.

Quote:
are true and correct, unless someone can prove otherwise...

Never said that...however, you are making a claim and I am challenging your claim. Don't get butthurt just because you've got nothing to go on.

Quote:
Kevin, I expect better from you.

That really means nothing to me. Feign pity all you want, your bad arguments are still bad and you should feel bad.

Quote:
Hey, if it helps him not look like an egotsitical b***h who just stomped out because he didn't get his way. I mean, that would make him look bad. But if he was a woeful victim of an evil tyranical company....

How about that false dichotomy...

Quote:
How convenient....

Yes...it's very convenient how facts work...especially when you actually pay some ******** attention...

Quote:
You seriously are taking this guy on his word...

Considering you spent who knows how long trying to prove that he lied when you clearly weren't listening to where he said the spot was? Dude, it's not even about taking his word at this point...your argument is ******** pointless.

Quote:
Bullshit, Kevin.

Yeah, cause it's not like I haven't already talked about what I didn't quite believe him on earlier in this ******** thread. You may have missed it cause it wasn't blindly hating the guy... rolleyes

Quote:
Being simply "mistaken" about such vitriolic claims? I rather doubt it.

Not all of his claims were vitriolic...

Quote:
Again, it's not my burden. It's his to prove his claims are true.

It is your burden when you claim he's lying.

Quote:
Not at all. I'm actually entirely indifferent about the guy,

Double posting to s**t on the guy? Yeah, could have fooled me... rolleyes

Quote:
aside from resenting him leaving the company hanging high and dry, unprofessionally, over creative differences.

Provide evidence that that's why he left. And before you even say it, yes, you have now made a claim...and you need to meet your burden of proof...because just asserting that this is so based on your speculation does not make it fact.

Quote:
Which may or may not be the whole story.

Probably isn't...considering you've yet to provide any valid evidence for the claims you've made.

Quote:
I'm just presenting why I doubt his claims.

Okay, your doubts have been noted, and equally dismissed....

Quote:
And the only rebuttal you have to it, is:

A) Prove it (when it's not my burden)

It is your burden of proof when you make a claim...

Quote:
B) Punk said he was telling the truth.

Not quite, but considering Punk is a lot closer to the situation than you are, I'd say what he says definitely holds more weight, especially when the line up with previous stories that confirm this kind of behavior on the part of the WWE....

Quote:
Yeah. And?

And I immediately explained that point right after that. Take your finger off the trigger long enough to read the full thought, and that's pretty ******** evident.

Quote:
Yeah. And?

Again...I kept explaining that....

Quote:
Vince and Brett were both very clear about not liking each other. But seems time mended those wounds, and they were able to at least work together.

Irrelevant. Just because SOME guys come back doesn't mean they ALL do...

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not tops with just everyone at my job, either.

I don't give a ******** if you blow people by the water cooler, your relationships with your coworkers have no ******** bearing on the situation.

Quote:
Today? No. Tomorrow, when it's all but a distant memory, and WWE could use the nostalgia, and Punk could probably use the money? We'll see.

Funny...Punk seems to be doing just fine moving on. And, again, it's not like he lives a lavish lifestyle. And even if he needed money, he'd be more easily able to do something like what AJ Styles does (making the rounds on the indies) as opposed to go crawling back to a company that could have killed him...

Quote:
Sure, to a small degree. Tony Atlas, Vader, and plenty of others did, for a long time. But there's just something about the packed stadiums, and the luxuries of multi-million dollar set-ups,

....Have you not seen Punk's apartment? There is nothing "multi-million" really about the guy, except for the money he made when he was working for WWE...

Quote:
that given the question "Want to come be part of our program?" Pretty much anyone who's been stuck "getting by" on the indies, would probably jump on it, like a homeless person on an offer to eat a free T-Bone dinner.

AJ Styles isn't "getting by" on the indies...he's making pretty good checks. I imagine Punk would EASILY be able to do the same, but better, since he's a bigger draw.

Quote:
True, but that doesn't mean he hasn't taken advantage of the ins-and-outs of making a lot. Because even as a top draw, you don't make enough on the indies, to buy a brand new car, when the old one starts decaying. You pretty much have to settle for a $700 junker, until it falls apart in 6 months, and you just upgrade to the next $700 junker.

Again....we're talking about Punk. He's not really the kind of guy to buy a "brand new" car....or have you paid as little attention to his personality as you have to the talk with Cabana?

Quote:
And going from having no financial worries of any kind, to suddenly having to really think about expenses...is a rough transition, regardless of how "conservative" you previously were with your money. Because it goes from "no worries" to "do I really need that?"

Sure, money problems come up...which is why he's still finding work....I think it's safe to say that he doesn't need the WWE anymore...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Kevin: I just want to be clear on one thing, here. I'm not "making assumptions", and I'm not outright accusing anyone of anything. Merely making speculation based on my own observations. And subsequently, making a few off-color "tongue in cheek" comments, to somewhat troll Punk-marks who buy his every word, merely because it's his word.

The only actual accusation I've made, is that Punk is a whiny b***h. Which is verifiable, in the fact that one of his chief reasons for departing (if not his only one) is the way he was being booked. He was given a chance to main event Mania against an established icon and future hall of famer. Whatever someone's opinion of Paul Levesque, a win against him at Mania, is serious draw fuel, regardless. And he's pissed because he wasn't their number 1 top guy. Which nobody ever said he was entitled to be. Sure, I'm not a fan of Cena being in that position, but that's not to say the WWE OWES such an honor to anyone, let alone, to Punk. And the fact that he acts like he was entitled to such a thing (and technically got an honor over Cena, anyway...)...is kind of a whiny b***h thing, if you ask me.

Whatever health concerns Punk may or may not have had, he's still a whiny b***h, based on his unwillingness to cooperate on things that he doesn't care for (because they don't specifically benefit him). He's like a new incarnation of the obnoxious 90s Shawn Michaels.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel
Kevin: I just want to be clear on one thing, here. I'm not "making assumptions", and I'm not outright accusing anyone of anything. Merely making speculation based on my own observations. And subsequently, making a few off-color "tongue in cheek" comments, to somewhat troll Punk-marks who buy his every word, merely because it's his word.

The only actual accusation I've made, is that Punk is a whiny b***h. Which is verifiable, in the fact that one of his chief reasons for departing (if not his only one) is the way he was being booked. He was given a chance to main event Mania against an established icon and future hall of famer. Whatever someone's opinion of Paul Levesque, a win against him at Mania, is serious draw fuel, regardless. And he's pissed because he wasn't their number 1 top guy. Which nobody ever said he was entitled to be. Sure, I'm not a fan of Cena being in that position, but that's not to say the WWE OWES such an honor to anyone, let alone, to Punk. And the fact that he acts like he was entitled to such a thing (and technically got an honor over Cena, anyway...)...is kind of a whiny b***h thing, if you ask me.

Whatever health concerns Punk may or may not have had, he's still a whiny b***h, based on his unwillingness to cooperate on things that he doesn't care for (because they don't specifically benefit him). He's like a new incarnation of the obnoxious 90s Shawn Michaels.

Lets bear in mind here; his frustrations with creative were not limited to his own issues.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Kevin: I just want to be clear on one thing, here. I'm not "making assumptions", and I'm not outright accusing anyone of anything.

Yes you ******** were, dude. When you weren't blatantly accused him of lying and then providing zero evidence for your claim (in fact, you spent a considerable amount of time trying to point out that there was no spot visible on his back when he had already explained the spot was in a different place), you've been making these large conspiracy theory sized assumptions because, for some reason, you don't want to believe that he had a serious enough gripe with the WWE to justify walking out....well, tough s**t dude...it seems he did. And there's no point in responding to any of the rest of your posts considering you can't even be honest enough to admit what you're doing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff