Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
CM Punk comes out about why he left the WWE in a podcast with Colt Cobana

Heres the Link

I learned a lot listening to this..and I was right a bout a few things and wrong about a few things

I was wrong about Cena......

well I dont wanna spoil too much you guys should have a listen..but quote me if you have any questions

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
If that link isnt working for you heres a youtube link

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tried listening to it on the youtube link and it cut out on me 12 minutes in. Might've been due to it being on a phone, but I'll take a listen on my tablet next time.

If what Punk is true (not that I don't believe him, but with only one side of the story, skepticism is there), WWE could be looking at a huge problem should Punk decide to pursue anything.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Goin' give this a listen. Thanks for the post, Blaze.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mayor of Murderwood
Tried listening to it on the youtube link and it cut out on me 12 minutes in. Might've been due to it being on a phone, but I'll take a listen on my tablet next time.

If what Punk is true (not that I don't believe him, but with only one side of the story, skepticism is there), WWE could be looking at a huge problem should Punk decide to pursue anything.

This is a written summery of the interview from Wrestling News source .com

CM Punk was a guest on Colt Cabana's podcast "Art Of Wrestling".
Below is a summary from Reddit and PWInsider regarding the actual podcast.
Please remember to take into account this is one side of the story.
He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.
He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bullshit." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.
Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.
However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.
Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "******** off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.
He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I read multiple summaries of it across other sites because I'm not really into the whole podcast thing. The main thing I got from it is that WWE is a petty, horrible, ******** up place, and Vince McMahon is incredibly two-faced. Not exactly new shocking information (though it does seem to get glossed over nowadays compared to Dixie Carter's latest crappy business practices), but still, it's pretty disturbing to hear about some of this stuff.

Mayor of Murderwood

I don't think he can pursue anything since he said he settled with them via a lawyer.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Evil Penguin Overlord
I read multiple summaries of it across other sites because I'm not really into the whole podcast thing. The main thing I got from it is that WWE is a petty, horrible, ******** up place, and Vince McMahon is incredibly two-faced. Not exactly new shocking information (though it does seem to get glossed over nowadays compared to Dixie Carter's latest crappy business practices), but still, it's pretty disturbing to hear about some of this stuff.

Mayor of Murderwood

I don't think he can pursue anything since he said he settled with them via a lawyer.

Spoke too soon on that one; I meant more if an outside source who was looking into health practices the WWE has been undertaking catches wind of this story.

Regardless, I wonder what will come next with this out.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Mayor of Murderwood
Evil Penguin Overlord

Mayor of Murderwood

Spoke too soon on that one; I meant more if an outside source who was looking into health practices the WWE has been undertaking catches wind of this story.

I'm not expecting much from outside sources. It's on the front page of Yahoo, but so's every single Episode VII rumor in existence and junk like that, so it being there is essentially meaningless. TMZ picked it up, but seems to be focusing more on the fact that Punk was fired on his wedding day than the medical aspects of it. What I'd really like is for at least one shareholder to ask about it at the next conference call, which is unlikely, but could still happen given some of the out of left field questions that have been asked at those before.

What I'm really curious about is the second part of this that's going to go down next week.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Evil Penguin Overlord
Mayor of Murderwood
Evil Penguin Overlord

Mayor of Murderwood

I'm not expecting much from outside sources. It's on the front page of Yahoo, but so's every single Episode VII rumor in existence and junk like that, so it being there is essentially meaningless. TMZ picked it up, but seems to be focusing more on the fact that Punk was fired on his wedding day than the medical aspects of it. What I'd really like is for at least one shareholder to ask about it at the next conference call, which is unlikely, but could still happen given some of the out of left field questions that have been asked at those before.

What I'm really curious about is the second part of this that's going to go down next week.

They might interview the doctor at some point.

For those of you playing the home game and wondering who that is:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...I laughed longer than I probably should have...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Listened to the whole thing, and yeah...it's a really good interview. A lot of interesting things came up, lot of "new light" on situations. There's only one thing I kind of don't side with Punk on...and that's that he was "fired"...I mean, yeah, technically, he was. And it was pretty shitty of the WWE to send the papers so that they would arrive specifically on his wedding day...but come on...at that point, he had no intention of going back, so it's slightly dishonest to say they fired him. Though, I think he meant it more as a joke to bring a little levity. He does explain that he was well within his right to walk out because, while he is "under contract," he's still an independent contractor. I also wonder about the whole "they didn't contact me" thing. Part of me wonders if that was him not answering the phone, or if the WWE was expecting him to come crawling back. I remember the dirtsheets claiming that Punk wasn't answering the phone...but Punk was calling them about the two royalty checks...so it seems like something doesn't add up in the WWE's story, so maybe they weren't trying to get him back.

But yeah, interesting listen. If you've got the two hours, you will not regret spending the time.

Interesting Sweetheart

Rumblestiltskin
Listened to the whole thing, and yeah...it's a really good interview. A lot of interesting things came up, lot of "new light" on situations. There's only one thing I kind of don't side with Punk on...and that's that he was "fired"...I mean, yeah, technically, he was. And it was pretty shitty of the WWE to send the papers so that they would arrive specifically on his wedding day...but come on...at that point, he had no intention of going back, so it's slightly dishonest to say they fired him. Though, I think he meant it more as a joke to bring a little levity. He does explain that he was well within his right to walk out because, while he is "under contract," he's still an independent contractor. I also wonder about the whole "they didn't contact me" thing. Part of me wonders if that was him not answering the phone, or if the WWE was expecting him to come crawling back. I remember the dirtsheets claiming that Punk wasn't answering the phone...but Punk was calling them about the two royalty checks...so it seems like something doesn't add up in the WWE's story, so maybe they weren't trying to get him back.

But yeah, interesting listen. If you've got the two hours, you will not regret spending the time.

It could very well be that CM Punk decided not to call any of them back. I remember reading an article a while back saying that Chris Jericho had not heard from Punk at all, and neither has any of his WWE wrestling friends, like he purposely cut everyone in that company out of his life even though they had nothing to do with it.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheGreatestSage
Rumblestiltskin

It could very well be that CM Punk decided not to call any of them back. I remember reading an article a while back saying that Chris Jericho had not heard from Punk at all, and neither has any of his WWE wrestling friends, like he purposely cut everyone in that company out of his life even though they had nothing to do with it.

Punk did call Talent Relations about his checks, so he clearly was trying to get in touch with the WWE at some point...and he explained why he didn't respond to SOME of the guys, specifically Jericho...he said it was because Jericho wasn't calling concerned about Punk...he was calling because he wanted some hits on his podcast. He said he didn't want to talk to anyone who was going to use him for their own agenda.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Im going to assume most people have gave it a listen by now and Ill give my 2 cents

Me personally I believe everything Punk says in this podcast because I do not see what he gains from lying

Hes already Famous and he did the podcast for his fans and for free

I would say more buy CM Punk pretty much nailed this interview and I doubt WWE is going to respond although Ryback has went on a twitter rant and Jericho has fired a shot on Colt on Twitter....

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Bad News Blaze
Im going to assume most people have gave it a listen by now and Ill give my 2 cents

Me personally I believe everything Punk says in this podcast because I do not see what he gains from lying

Hes already Famous and he did the podcast for his fans and for free

He may not be "lying" exactly, but his story is obviously going to be told from his bias. Granted, I'm more inclined to side with him based off what's been said, both by him and by what we've heard from other sources, but there's no benefit to just blindly believing him because we're fans of his. There were a few parts of his story where I think he was kind of misconstruing the facts, such as saying "I didn't quit...I was fired." Technically, it was both.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff