Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
kevin3485
IndystarX
I understand that Cena pulled a d**k move (which is odd since Cena is known to be the nicest wrestler in the company) but still Lesnar blowing up doesn't do him any favors, if anything, probably got him massive heat with the backstage. I am sure there are still people within the WWE that looked down at him for leaving and having the shitty Goldberg match

Tell that to Michael Tarver...if you can find him..

I don't trust a guy who goes on a drunken twitter spree and then posts
Quote:
"thanx for the tweets but I dont hate cena I learned alot from him in ring and behind the scenes ALOT behind the scenes"

I wouldn't doubt Cena is a d**k to some fans but you got to admit, I am sure being hated by fans day in and day out when your supposed to be a face does wear you down about it.
And plus there probably are wrestlers afraid of badtalking about Cena but then again, Cena supported CM Punk, Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
I understand that Cena pulled a d**k move (which is odd since Cena is known to be the nicest wrestler in the company) but still Lesnar blowing up doesn't do him any favors, if anything, probably got him massive heat with the backstage. I am sure there are still people within the WWE that looked down at him for leaving and having the shitty Goldberg match

Quote:
"thanx for the tweets but I dont hate cena I learned alot from him in ring and behind the scenes ALOT behind the scenes"

I wouldn't doubt Cena is a d**k to some fans but you got to admit, I am sure being hated by fans day in and day out when your supposed to be a face does wear you down about it.
And plus there probably are wrestlers afraid of badtalking about Cena but then again, Cena supported CM Punk, Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne

And I'm sure if you asked him, he'd say the things he learned were how not to act.

And if Cena were a d**k to some of his haters, I would understand...but to do it to someone just because she doesn't know who you are? That's petty.

And fat lot of good his "endorsements" are doing. Hell, the three men's careers all stagnated after Cena tried to attach his name to theirs. Ryder's back to jobbing. Evan pretty much ruined his own career, but back when he was in that mini feud with Orton, it didn't last all that long. And Punk's barely getting any airtime despite being the champion. Part of me thinks his "endorsements" are all an act to try to attach his name to guys who receive better reactions than he does. Hell, throw DB into that lot as well. Cena told the WWE that the locker room should be filled with guys like him, and you see what's happened to him...buried on a weekly basis and at the biggest PPV of the year.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX

Quote:

And I'm sure if you asked him, he'd say the things he learned were how not to act.

And if Cena were a d**k to some of his haters, I would understand...but to do it to someone just because she doesn't know who you are? That's petty.

And fat lot of good his "endorsements" are doing. Hell, the three men's careers all stagnated after Cena tried to attach his name to theirs. Ryder's back to jobbing. Evan pretty much ruined his own career, but back when he was in that mini feud with Orton, it didn't last all that long. And Punk's barely getting any airtime despite being the champion. Part of me thinks his "endorsements" are all an act to try to attach his name to guys who receive better reactions than he does. Hell, throw DB into that lot as well. Cena told the WWE that the locker room should be filled with guys like him, and you see what's happened to him...buried on a weekly basis and at the biggest PPV of the year.

Ryder might be due to saturation of the gimmick or basically I'd say its more of the writers having no ability to continue a story for him. He's still in the middle card but he still one of the few wrestlers in the WWE who has major merch power (sorta). He has 30 items on WWEshop.com for sale and the only three wrestlers who have more items are Punk, Cena and Orton. Hell, Ryder has the same number of items with his name on it as The Undertaker. Plus his online show is still on and while the WWE might have major input into it, he still is allowed to have his father and Big O (who is a indie wrestler of a non-WWE affiliated indie company) on the show
Punk may not get as much television time as Cena but I believe Punk is getting more publicity than Cena, as he's usually the person to represent WWE in papers, radio, TV etc. Plus his DVD will probably the only DVD to allow the superstar to basically control the makings of it. I mean, he's getting three MAJOR Punk bands to do the music plus add matches not done in any WWE affiliate (though it might be Punk purchased the rights to those videos since IWA-MS barely is a zombie alive). He may not be ending the shows but he is doing quite fine for being a champion in the middle of the show.
Evan...yeah he kinda shot himself in the foot (lame pun I know). He was supposed to be in the tag-team revival but then he ******** up. That would be more his fault than Cena
And Danielson's horrible WM may be due more to Hunter than Cena as Triple H favors Sheamus. And Danielson didn't get buried. He's not getting sent to Superstars like Ziggler (who has his share of limelight) but he's being placed in the world title match against Punk, which is IWC orgasmic dream. Even if their not getting main event (though I doubt Cena vs. Johnny Ace is even worth main eventing as Ace probably hasn't wrestled in over 12 years), they will bring the House down. Plus Danielson's starting of "YES" is breaking into real life....like appearing in sports games in such

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX

Quote:

Ryder might be due to saturation of the gimmick or basically I'd say its more of the writers having no ability to continue a story for him. He's still in the middle card but he still one of the few wrestlers in the WWE who has major merch power (sorta). He has 30 items on WWEshop.com for sale and the only three wrestlers who have more items are Punk, Cena and Orton. Hell, Ryder has the same number of items with his name on it as The Undertaker. Plus his online show is still on and while the WWE might have major input into it, he still is allowed to have his father and Big O (who is a indie wrestler of a non-WWE affiliated indie company) on the show
Punk may not get as much television time as Cena but I believe Punk is getting more publicity than Cena, as he's usually the person to represent WWE in papers, radio, TV etc. Plus his DVD will probably the only DVD to allow the superstar to basically control the makings of it. I mean, he's getting three MAJOR Punk bands to do the music plus add matches not done in any WWE affiliate (though it might be Punk purchased the rights to those videos since IWA-MS barely is a zombie alive). He may not be ending the shows but he is doing quite fine for being a champion in the middle of the show.
Evan...yeah he kinda shot himself in the foot (lame pun I know). He was supposed to be in the tag-team revival but then he ******** up. That would be more his fault than Cena
And Danielson's horrible WM may be due more to Hunter than Cena as Triple H favors Sheamus. And Danielson didn't get buried. He's not getting sent to Superstars like Ziggler (who has his share of limelight) but he's being placed in the world title match against Punk, which is IWC orgasmic dream. Even if their not getting main event (though I doubt Cena vs. Johnny Ace is even worth main eventing as Ace probably hasn't wrestled in over 12 years), they will bring the House down. Plus Danielson's starting of "YES" is breaking into real life....like appearing in sports games in such

No matter what perks they get outside the ring, not all of the fans are following everything they do. So if it's not transitioning over into the show, then what's the point really? All it's really saying is "well, we don't need to push these guys since their stuff is selling anyway..." Which is the completely wrong attitude to have. The WWE should be heavily pushing these two (Punk and Ryder) as the fans are behind them. Instead, they're pushed to the backburner for Cena, who has at least half the crowd booing him in every arena they go to. And that's the point...Cena's trying to attach his name to the names of guys who get the reaction he himself should be getting. He is not doing that, so why is he being pushed as this top dog babyface when he can't effectively get over as a babyface? It's because he's an asskisser. He's a company man for a company that has s**t when it comes to ethics (business and otherwise).

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485

Quote:

No matter what perks they get outside the ring, not all of the fans are following everything they do. So if it's not transitioning over into the show, then what's the point really? All it's really saying is "well, we don't need to push these guys since their stuff is selling anyway..." Which is the completely wrong attitude to have. The WWE should be heavily pushing these two (Punk and Ryder) as the fans are behind them. Instead, they're pushed to the backburner for Cena, who has at least half the crowd booing him in every arena they go to. And that's the point...Cena's trying to attach his name to the names of guys who get the reaction he himself should be getting. He is not doing that, so why is he being pushed as this top dog babyface when he can't effectively get over as a babyface? It's because he's an asskisser. He's a company man for a company that has s**t when it comes to ethics (business and otherwise).

But this is assuming Cena is just doing that just to get to the top but it's not just Cena keeping Punk or Ryder from being main event guys because their endangering his status cause his status is set, it's been set for quite some time. There isn't enough proof to prove he is legitimately trying to sabotage people's careers or trying to piggyback on people's career neither. Tarvar's intoxicated tweets can barely count and very few wrestlers, even those who have large personal grudges against the WWE have nothing against him. Hell I am google searching now to find people who dislike Cena and....nothing. Apparently R-Truth had beef with Cena in 2009 but it was apparently blown out of proportion according to R-Truth

EDIT: Too sleepy for this ~_~

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX

But this is assuming Cena is just doing that just to get to the top but it's not just Cena keeping Punk or Ryder from being main event guys because their endangering his status cause his status is set, it's been set for quite some time. There isn't enough proof to prove he is legitimately trying to sabotage people's careers or trying to piggyback on people's career neither. Tarvar's intoxicated tweets can barely count and very few wrestlers, even those who have large personal grudges against the WWE have nothing against him. Hell I am google searching now to find people who dislike Cena and....nothing. Apparently R-Truth had beef with Cena in 2009 but it was apparently blown out of proportion according to R-Truth

EDIT: Too sleepy for this ~_~

I never said he was trying to sabotage careers. Even when Cena broke Tarver's elbow (which he never apologized for and laughed in his face about), I think happened because Cena has no real control in the ring (look at Sunday when he almost injured Brock). But piggy backing off of other wrestlers? Yeah, he does that...because to him, it's not about the wrestling. He can say it all he wants, but he never wanted to be a wrestler. If he did, I'm sure body building and ManHunt were the wrong ways to get into the business... He's only in this to be popular and be liked, by fans and by the office. He doesn't give a s**t about the wrestling business. Hell, Brock cares more about wrestling, and he quit to go do UFC!

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Juanito Shet
...What. The F**k. See? Once an a*****e, always an a*****e, I'll say.

And this guy has fans. HA. What an embarrasment.

I like his character. I never was fond of him outside of that.

But at the same time, you have to admit that John Cena really made a d**k-move, himself. If the plan was for him to be carried out, then he should've stuck with it. Not gave a heartfelt address to the fans he doesn't even ******** have...

In this one case, I completely agree with Lesnar being so pissed off. I don't agree with his actions, but his reasoning.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Blazein3D

A 5 million dollar contract for just two apperances??? seems fishy to me..WWE Management are some dirty bastards to do that to Lesner Im starting to think the only reason they brought him back was to make a mockery of him and prevent Cena for having to explain why he lost to the rock and the statements he said during their promos

Believe it or not, Lesnar is a marketable name. Hell, the UFC EXPLODED by adding him to their roster.

I do hate that fact, because I've never liked his MMA career. Got to cut in line, straight to the top of the ladder, and never really had any solid moves. He was a glorified street-fighter, like Kimbo. To top it all off, his attitude pissed me the ******** off, every time. I EXPECT that from a pro-wrestling gimmick. But MMA is a place to show some sportsmanship.

But...as much as I may hate to admit it...MMA exploded because of his presence. I didn't even know what it was, until I found myself at a casino bar, looked up at the TV, and recognized Brock (It was his UFC debut, in fact). After seeing that fight, which I only paid attention to, because I recognized Lesnar, I fell in love with MMA. And I'm damn sure not the only one.

What I'm getting at, is that Lesnar CAN demand that kind of deal, because, like him or hate him, he's bank.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
kevin3485
but he never wanted to be a wrestler. If he did, I'm sure body building and ManHunt were the wrong ways to get into the business

I am only gonna quote this part but I think we should agree to disagree and keep it at that

I only quoted this was because the whole "bodybuilding" argument is bull. Sting and Lex Luger did it, Hogan did it (which is arguably the weak point of my arguement here, I won't lie), Bruno Sammartino did it, Chyna did it, former TNA wrestler A-1 did it, Superstar Billy Graham, Triple H, Tatanka, Road Warriors (powerlifting but one could argue it's not much of a stretch to compare power lifting to bodybuilding). Remember, back in the early days, it wasn't really a passion to be a wrestler, most of the older generation were made of legit shooters and former bodybuilders/strong men so it's okay for wrestlers to be of body building starts.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
but he never wanted to be a wrestler. If he did, I'm sure body building and ManHunt were the wrong ways to get into the business

I am only gonna quote this part but I think we should agree to disagree and keep it at that

I only quoted this was because the whole "bodybuilding" argument is bull. Sting and Lex Luger did it, Hogan did it (which is arguably the weak point of my arguement here, I won't lie), Bruno Sammartino did it, Chyna did it, former TNA wrestler A-1 did it, Superstar Billy Graham, Triple H, Tatanka, Road Warriors (powerlifting but one could argue it's not much of a stretch to compare power lifting to bodybuilding). Remember, back in the early days, it wasn't really a passion to be a wrestler, most of the older generation were made of legit shooters and former bodybuilders/strong men so it's okay for wrestlers to be of body building starts.

None of the guys you mentioned came out and cut promos stating "this is all I've ever wanted to do." He does, and it's bullshit. Guys like Punk and DB...it's something they've always wanted to do, and you can see that. There are more wrestling schools in activity today than there were in the 70s and 80s...if Cena really wanted to be a wrestler when he was a kid, he had just as much opportunity to do it as Punk and Bryan.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485

None of the guys you mentioned came out and cut promos stating "this is all I've ever wanted to do." He does, and it's bullshit. Guys like Punk and DB...it's something they've always wanted to do, and you can see that. There are more wrestling schools in activity today than there were in the 70s and 80s...if Cena really wanted to be a wrestler when he was a kid, he had just as much opportunity to do it as Punk and Bryan.

You mean go through the indies or go to a wrestling school? Because he did go to a wrestling school which was UPW and from the discussions I've had with people who are trying to be wrestling, you'd have to have some dedication to be a wrestler to go into a wrestling school because it's hard as balls training mixed with hazing. If you mean go through the indies, well then that's still not good enough reason cause a lot of wrestlers, new and old, have gone straight from small developement company to big company. The WCW Powerplant graduates for example, While some may have had prior training before entering the powerplant, Kevin Nash, Big Show, Diamond Dallas Page (though according to wiki, he had previous but poorly done wrestling training before the powerplant), Daphney, and Stacey Keibler entered the school without prior training. Dolph Ziggler is also a wrestler who skipped the indies, as he went straight into OVW (UPW is an on-again/off-again WWE affiliate so its stance as an indie company is unstable); hell, that's how Ziggler got the nickname "Heel" because he wasn't an indie kid. Dave Otunga went straight into FCW. There are other current wrestlers who may have skipped the indies but still, it doesn't make them any less of a wrestler than Alvin XTREME who can do a million degree senton in a backwater fed in Alabama

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485

You mean go through the indies or go to a wrestling school? Because he did go to a wrestling school which was UPW and from the discussions I've had with people who are trying to be wrestling, you'd have to have some dedication to be a wrestler to go into a wrestling school because it's hard as balls training mixed with hazing. If you mean go through the indies, well then that's still not good enough reason cause a lot of wrestlers, new and old, have gone straight from small developement company to big company. The WCW Powerplant graduates for example, While some may have had prior training before entering the powerplant, Kevin Nash, Big Show, Diamond Dallas Page (though according to wiki, he had previous but poorly done wrestling training before the powerplant), Daphney, and Stacey Keibler entered the school without prior training. Dolph Ziggler is also a wrestler who skipped the indies, as he went straight into OVW (UPW is an on-again/off-again WWE affiliate so its stance as an indie company is unstable); hell, that's how Ziggler got the nickname "Heel" because he wasn't an indie kid. Dave Otunga went straight into FCW. There are other current wrestlers who may have skipped the indies but still, it doesn't make them any less of a wrestler than Alvin XTREME who can do a million degree senton in a backwater fed in Alabama

Pointing out that it's tough to get into wrestling doesn't denounce what I'm saying. This is a guy who goes out there, week after week, and claims this is all he's ever wanted to do....IT WASN'T! I'm not shitting on the guy because he didn't go through the indies. I'm not shitting on him because he has almost zip in the talent department. I'm saying he's fake as all hell when he says he's always wanted to be a wrestler...because the truth is he didn't.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
IndystarX
kevin3485
IndystarX
kevin3485

All of that is true, but I'm with Kevin. Cena goes on and on about how Wrestling is all he ever wanted to do. They even constantly show a picture of him as a child with a paper belt.

However, the truth is, he had bulked up to be a career bodybuilder, and only "fell back" on wrestling, when that sorta flopped. And that's just a middle finger to all of the people like Bryan Danielson, who dedicated YEARS of their life specifically to the idea of being a wrestler. Not a bodybuilder. Not an MMA fighter. Not an actor. A ******** WRESTLER.

And to have some douchebag come in because bodybuilding didn't work out so well, yet claims that "this is all I've ever wanted to do."? Trust me, I want to stab Cena, for that s**t.

He criticized the Rock for making movies, saying "I'm here, every week". Uh...you've taken time off to do movies, too, John. Don't throw stones, in a glass house. If you were really so adamant about your wrestling career, you'd TURN DOWN those roles, because "that cuts into my wrestling".

Actually, I wish I were a presence in the WWE, during his feud with the Rock. Because I'd make it a point (even at the risk of my career), to come out, and when he mentioned that tired old "I'm here, every week!" crap, I'd cut him off with "Yeah. But who the hell wants you to be?"

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
jedinightwing
Apparently the "breaking HHH's arm" is a work to build a match between them at Summer Slam. Also Lesner's contract only has him slated to do a minimum of 2 shows a month. So yeah. They can write him off tv until after the PPV. apparently that was in the works before his blow up backstage.

Have TripleH and Lesner ever actually faced each other in a match before? If not, this could be sweet.

Swashbuckling Knight

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Dont_Fear_the_Reefer
jedinightwing
Apparently the "breaking HHH's arm" is a work to build a match between them at Summer Slam. Also Lesner's contract only has him slated to do a minimum of 2 shows a month. So yeah. They can write him off tv until after the PPV. apparently that was in the works before his blow up backstage.

Have TripleH and Lesner ever actually faced each other in a match before? If not, this could be sweet.

I'm sure they have, but not on any Main Event level.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff