Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nuclear Disaster

Rumblestiltskin
Not as hard as the Rock as Green Lantern...as, while he has a superhero physique, he's going to tower over everyone else in the film...

******** what?! They seriously want him as John Stewart? Are they kidding?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
G-Fan1985
Rumblestiltskin
Not as hard as the Rock as Green Lantern...as, while he has a superhero physique, he's going to tower over everyone else in the film...

******** what?! They seriously want him as John Stewart? Are they kidding?

Every time I try and go defend DC, they pull crap like this.
A guy in the wrestling business that can't wrestle deserves better? Uh...
ZNullVoid
Funny how everyone got so excited when Batista returned to WWE a few weeks ago, then started dumping on him for being in the Royal Rumble match (let alone winning it). All these smarks are too busy bending over for Daniel Bryan to even give Batista a chance in the main event. I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan also, but I wouldn't go quite as far as to hate so hard on someone for having the spot that I would've liked to see someone else have.

This is just my speculation at this point, but I'm pretty sure Batista came back to the company because he genuinely loves the business. I don't think he came back just for a paycheck; notice how he actually wrestled this past Monday on RAW, a non-PPV? You would think that with people complaining about "part-timers," Batista would get a better reaction than this; apparently not.

The fan-picked "golden boy" doesn't get to be in the main event on the grand stage, so let's all hate on the guy who does, eh?

The problem here is that WWE assumed that Batista was going to be a huge fan favorite going into the Rumble and heading to Wrestlemania. When did they assumed this? Most likely months back while Daniel Bryan was already getting the bigger reactions than anyone on the roster. Then once Batista returns, the hype that Daniel Bryan had been getting was "suppose" to have gone down, but that wasn't the case. It was a HUGE mistake on WWE's part to assume that Bryan's popularity would have tone down once Batista had returned, thus why he's added to the main event of Wrestlemania because they know how dreadful the fan reaction can be; and trust me, you don't want to end your 30th Wrestlemania anniversary with a reaction like that.

I doubt most of the reactions Batista is getting is on him solely, but more of the creative handing him the Royal Rumble victory and the Main Event spot at Mania, while there were actual guys WORKING HARD to get to that spot. Now I'm not saying Batista doesn't work hard, but you already have proof on camera of a man working his a** off to prove he deserves to be in that same spot. You can say what you want about Batista and his history, but Daniel Bryan is probably the hardest working man (besides Cena) in WWE right now. With what he's been able to accomplish when he wasn't suppose to do so anyway? He really deserves to be in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Also, last time I checked, "Smarks" only made up a small percentage of the WWE audience. If it was only smarks who cheered for Daniel Bryan, your precious Batista wouldn't have to worry about a Triple Threat match. The "Fan-Picked Golden Boy" SHOULD be in the main event, why? Because if he's getting the most reactions leading up to Mania, depending on who this guy is, don't you think it would be smart to add him in the last match? Or would you want the last match to have a subpar reaction from the fans?
Eflow Nivek
Rumblestiltskin
Eflow Nivek
Rumblestiltskin
Eflow Nivek
Rumblestiltskin

I don't think Guardians is going to fail. It probably won't be as popular as the Avengers, and it's definitely not as well known, but I think it'll be moderately successful.

Every movie so far has had some form of former televised adaption be it cartoon or live action so people were familiar with all the Avenger Marvel characters. There is no one but comic-book fans that will know this movie's origins. They also have no star with true drawing power and Batista has basically sullied his role. That I'll be surprised if it makes back its budget.

And with all the CGI, I'm getting Green Lantern vibes.

I don't think this movies origins will matter that much. You've got Joss Whedon directing...he's got his own fanbase, so I think that right there will be enough to convince people to spend money on it, and that's not including the fact that you've got people with niche fanbase followings like Karen Gillan in it as well. Also, it's a blockbuster...people are going to go see it, and considering they really didn't break the bank to get a lot of big names, I think they'll make their money back. Maybe not that first week, but by the time it's out of theaters, it'll have made it's money back.

It's not on my Summer Movie list, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Transformers are up there long before it.

I just don't see it being near as big as any of the previous Marvel films simply because there's no frame of reference for the common movie-goer.

I honestly can't trust a Transformers movie anymore. I was a huge fan when I was a kid (of the series and the 85 movie...which is the ONLY TF movie in my opinion), but Bay just ruined that franchise.

And I don't see this movie being obscure to most people really being a problem...cause that's how most movies are to most people. The common movie goer probably wouldn't know most of the source material of many of the movies that come out (since almost every movie is an adaptation of some kind). The thing that will really decide whether fans go to see this movie is the trailer/publicity. That's pretty much the standard for every movie released. People kind of just go see the movies they know about, typically, and Guardians is being heavily promoted. Add in the fact that you've got Joss Whedon behind it and his success with Avengers will probably be a big selling point, and the fact that it's an action movie in summer...It's going to make money. Will it be as big as Avengers? Probably not. But it will definitely make money, and it will definitely make its budget back...unless they did a Waterworld, where they spend an ungodly amount of money making this movie, which I doubt they did.

I'll always be a transfan and no matter how bad it is I'll go see it because cars are transforming also the probability of Unicron.

A lot of movies aren't decided by a trailer they decided by reviews and given how much of the movie is going to be CGI I don't see the reviews being good at all. Also all the Marvel Fanboys aren't the people the go pay to see movies, they're the ones that download them. Like you said people go to movies they know about, adaptions they know about which is why Avengers worked and not to mention the Marvel movies often cross promoter other movies. Guardians is pretty much stand alone at this point. So I just can't see it succeeding.
Complete bullshit, me and all my friends are huge marvel fanboys and we have never downloaded a MCU movie. I'm not saying it doesn't happen I'm just saying most fanboys want the huge blockbuster movie based of the stories they love to do well. It's those people who see a movie 5 or 6 times just so we'll get more of those movies.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Batista has alot to prove in the wrestling industry and whether it was his idea or WWE to come back as he did, it was the wrong decision.

So far they not one but TWO major PPVs (Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania) and practically ruined them by having him being one of the top dogs when he has only just come back from a 4 year hiatus...Even when the rock came back he waited a good year to main event anything and then he waited another year to have a shot at the title.

Batista victory at the royal rumble was the reason on the best wrestler in the business, CM Punk decided he had enough and walked out, Now I am sure alot of people will say that CM Punk was wrong to do so but in a way I can understand his frustration at seeing the main event spot at the grandaddy of the all not only not given to him but it wasn't given to any superstar that had actually worked all year and earnt it.

Batista isn't even back that long, in June time til August he leaves the WWE again so that he can go promote his movie which means that even if he wins the title at wrestlemania its likely he will drop it in April then have his rematch and then go stomp off because he couldn't win (Again).

Now I will give credit where its due and I will say Batista is good at what he does, I don't believe anyone is doubting that he is a good wrestler however I think the majority are just annoyed that someone who has ring rust and seems to be like Brock Lesnar (No real interest in the business just the money) would be allowed to Headline not just any PPV but WRESTLEMANIA of all things...he should have come back and been a mid carder and took on someone like Del Rio at wrestlemania and then pushed a bit afterwards.

RANT OVER

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Akagitsune84
Now I will give credit where its due and I will say Batista is good at what he does, I don't believe anyone is doubting that he is a good wrestler

Challenge accepted.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Akagitsune84
Now I will give credit where its due and I will say Batista is good at what he does, I don't believe anyone is doubting that he is a good wrestler

Challenge accepted.

Agreed (with Dion). Good is being very generous. Acceptable? Maybe in his prime. Now? I wouldn't even say that, considering he gets gassed very easily and doesn't do his moves with the same intensity he once had. And even in his prime, he wasn't a good "wrestler." He's a decent heel because of his size and because he plays an a*****e really well (even when he's not trying), but beyond that, not much in-ring ability.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat
Akagitsune84

Challenge accepted.

Agreed (with Dion). Good is being very generous. Acceptable? Maybe in his prime. Now? I wouldn't even say that, considering he gets gassed very easily and doesn't do his moves with the same intensity he once had. And even in his prime, he wasn't a good "wrestler." He's a decent heel because of his size and because he plays an a*****e really well (even when he's not trying), but beyond that, not much in-ring ability.

Hell, the big reason people were initially Batista winning the Rumble was because he had hella ring rust.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat
Akagitsune84

Challenge accepted.

Hell, the big reason people were initially Batista winning the Rumble was because he had hella ring rust.

Which, honestly...how the hell do you get gassed in the Rumble?! Unless you've lasted through most of the other men, as long as there are more than four people in the ring, you can easily take a break. It's easy to hide it there. Go to a corner and pretend like you're going to get thrown out for a bit. Pretend like you're trying to eliminate someone else for a bit. Work over someone or get worked over by someone else...it's not that hard, which is why there isn't a big deal made when someone of the legends enter the Rumble...it's not that physically exhausting compared to a normal match. The fact that he was worn out after that says a lot about his conditioning (or lack there of)...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff