Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Gatekeeper

9,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Does anyone else think that the newer age wrestling is getting a bit over the top?

I come from the old age when people used to get bloody, break bones and Stone Cold was wrecking havoc left, right and centre.

It seems a little too docile now.. *Just my opinion*

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Well, it's marketing to a different target audience than it was in the Attitude Era...

Shirtless Gatekeeper

9,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Ahh yes, I didn't consider that. I guess it's more slightly-younger viewers than back when.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Actually, that's the odd thing. The demographic of their most consistent viewers is 18-25 year olds...and they still market to kids...

Shirtless Gatekeeper

9,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Maybe because the young ones are more easily entertained? I think they should really review who watches their shows. -.- Then again, part of their merch includes action figures and toys of the like, which would up their sales, cause it appeals to kids.........

-.- -.- -.- I don't get it.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Over the top seems like the wrong word to use since the Attitude Era was ridiculously over the top as well (and WWE as a whole has usually been over the top since...well, forever basically).
Well, I was born at the tail end of the Attitude Era and I've been watching for basically my whole life, so I see what you're getting at. I think WWE thought it would be a good idea to market to the kids of the adults who are used to that kind of wrestling (the 8-18 or so age group now), to get the whole family involved, you know?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff