Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

Last night on Raw, AJ cut a promo against the Bellas, saying that success isn't "sexually transmitted." I find that pretty darn ironic coming from the woman who had "love" storylines with five different superstars over the course of a year, and wound up actually marrying one of them. I really hope that line was given to her by the creative writers; if AJ seriously meant that, then I have yet another reason to not take her seriously.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
...that's an interesting point, and one I didn't think about at the time.

Then again, the obvious counterpoint is that this is wrestling and things older than a few months basically didn't happen unless WWE specifically makes a point to refer to them.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I wouldn't say she's a hypocrite considering she didn't have any real say in the storyline romances that the WWE put her in until they realized "hey...she can wrestle!!!" As for marrying Punk, she obviously didn't do it for "political" reasons, considering that would get her nowhere in the WWE today...unlike the Bellas, who seem to clearly be dangling on the two top babyfaces in the company just to stay relevant.

Phantom

Rumblestiltskin
I wouldn't say she's a hypocrite considering she didn't have any real say in the storyline romances that the WWE put her in until they realized "hey...she can wrestle!!!" As for marrying Punk, she obviously didn't do it for "political" reasons, considering that would get her nowhere in the WWE today...unlike the Bellas, who seem to clearly be dangling on the two top babyfaces in the company just to stay relevant.

I don't remember a single time in WWE where Nikki made any kind of reference to her relationship with Cena (not implying AJ did either, just saying). And how do we know why AJ married Punk?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Z-Blade Master
I don't remember a single time in WWE where Nikki made any kind of reference to her relationship with Cena (not implying AJ did either, just saying).

Total Divas...which they hyped up pretty heavily. It's not like this is some obscure knowledge or anything.

Quote:
And how do we know why AJ married Punk?

I don't remember saying why she married Punk...I only remember saying one reason she clearly didn't marry Punk for...

Newbie Terrestrial

15,675 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Power Converter 150
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
Nikki doesn't make any reference whatsoever, though the last I heard from Total Diva's the two had broken up again? Doesn't really matter, I don't think the two would seriously end up staying together in a relationship considering John blatantly told her several times he wants nothing to do with marriage or children and Nikki wants it. BUT, none of my business what Cena decides to do in his free time...

Brie's storyline, however, pretty frequently makes references to her relationship with Daniel Bryan...

To be honest? I don't like either of the Bella twins, though I suppose it's better then still having to hear AJ's theme song again. It'll be nice to see some of the other Diva's and it IS nice that the Diva division is getting more recognition in the WWE. It would be even nicer if the Diva division got more then the Diva's championship belt to wrestle over, too.

BUT, neither here nor there. For a point towards the actual topic? I have to agree XD it is a bit ironic that AJ's storyline was typically with her surrounded by men and I have to wonder how CM Punk felt watching AJ make out on the screen with other men over and over again. Did she get married WHILE she was still doing those storylines or did they stop it when she got married?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Pixie_the_bug
Nikki doesn't make any reference whatsoever, though the last I heard from Total Diva's the two had broken up again? Doesn't really matter, I don't think the two would seriously end up staying together in a relationship considering John blatantly told her several times he wants nothing to do with marriage or children and Nikki wants it. BUT, none of my business what Cena decides to do in his free time...

Brie's storyline, however, pretty frequently makes references to her relationship with Daniel Bryan...

To be honest? I don't like either of the Bella twins, though I suppose it's better then still having to hear AJ's theme song again. It'll be nice to see some of the other Diva's and it IS nice that the Diva division is getting more recognition in the WWE. It would be even nicer if the Diva division got more then the Diva's championship belt to wrestle over, too.

BUT, neither here nor there. For a point towards the actual topic? I have to agree XD it is a bit ironic that AJ's storyline was typically with her surrounded by men and I have to wonder how CM Punk felt watching AJ make out on the screen with other men over and over again. Did she get married WHILE she was still doing those storylines or did they stop it when she got married?

They only got married this past summer, and I don't think they were dating during the whole "let's ship AJ with everyone on the roster" thing.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Z-Blade Master
Last night on Raw, AJ cut a promo against the Bellas, saying that success isn't "sexually transmitted."

Pretty good zinger for the PG Era.

Quote:
I find that pretty darn ironic coming from the woman who had "love" storylines with five different superstars over the course of a year, and wound up actually marrying one of them.

See, the difference here is that her marrying a guy with talent doesn't overshadow the fact she has talent. At least, by comparison.

Newbie Terrestrial

15,675 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Power Converter 150
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
Rumblestiltskin
Pixie_the_bug

They only got married this past summer, and I don't think they were dating during the whole "let's ship AJ with everyone on the roster" thing.

That's probably a good thing XD I don't see Punk as being a very forgiving guy on the whole cheating thing...

Then again, I never would have expected Dolph to so willingly 'date' a girl who was so obsessed with another man, either. The man has serious ego issues...

OG Gaian

5,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Rally Tyro 100
"makes her a hypocrite because she was totally in fake relationships with like five guys!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!"

Her insult is still relevant.

Interesting Sweetheart

The only difference is that AJ was able to prove herself as a wrestler by her own merit, wheras the Bellas went from doing the only thing they are good at: mirroring each other in front of sports cars because twins...to pretending they have any wrestling talent at all thanks to sleeping with the two most prominent men in the company aside Triple H.
she is the longest-reigning champion but nobody attended her party

Shy Seeker

Z-Blade Master
Last night on Raw, AJ cut a promo against the Bellas, saying that success isn't "sexually transmitted." I find that pretty darn ironic coming from the woman who had "love" storylines with five different superstars over the course of a year, and wound up actually marrying one of them. I really hope that line was given to her by the creative writers; if AJ seriously meant that, then I have yet another reason to not take her seriously.
rofl so true come to think about it

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I'm fairly sure she said that as a snide remark toward the fact that the Bellas are only even back in the company (after their initial release, some time ago), because they're ******** the 2 top faces.

Or, it could indeed be an intentionally hypocritical statement, to reference her past storyline as a promiscuous individual.

Who knows?
Funny how AJ acts like Cena & Bryan are making the Bellas' career. At least the crowd doesn't chant for Cena & Bryan during a Bella match like they chant for CM Punk during AJ's matches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff